About the property
- House4000 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
Country Vacation Rental Sleeps 20
Stay in a beautiful and spacious colonial farm house while you enjoy events in Winona, MN or La Crosse WI. Winona is known for it's vibrant art culture. Entertain guest before or after an exceptional theater experience at the Great River Shakespeare Festival, musical performances hosted by the Midwest Music Fest or the Beethoven Festival and world-renowned films and guest speakers at the Frozen River Film Festival. Year-round activities include the Minnesota Marine Art Museum, where you can visit their Monet and enjoy wine right on the river. Gorgeous cross-country skiing is available right out the back door as well as hunting, fishing, boating, birding, and hiking.
La Crosse boasts a thriving downtown scene with bars, clubs and exquisite restaurants. Come in the summer for Riverfest or in the fall for Oktoberfest!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 26, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Loved all the space. Had a family gathering of 20 people and there was plenty of room.
Enough room for everyone to eat and sleep. Owners were quick to respond to questions. Only things we could have used with below zero temperatures was another space heater for tv room and front bedroom. The rule of 12 rolls of toilet paper and 1 roll of toweling was interesting.
Plenty of room for all of us!
The house was plenty big and in a quiet location. I have been renting on VRBO and Airbnb for many years now and I never ran into a few of the issues that I did with this rental property, in fact I never had any concerns until this one.
1) The no cancellation policy was a first for all of the places I have rented. I paid for the rental and took a gamble as I wasn't sure if we were going to make it up there that weekend, but thankfully we did.
2) In the house rules (on kitchen counter when we arrived), it is written that they only supply one roll of paper towels and 12 rolls of toilet paper. I have NEVER had to bring my own toilet paper anywhere I have rented. AND the one roll of paper towels they gave us was probably left by the last guest as it was about 1/4 of a roll. It is quite annoying to have to run out and buy toilet paper, but we did as the t.p. that was there when we arrived were rolls for small children - tiny!
3) The best part of the kitchen was the fridge as it was huge! The oven was convection and nothing cooked right in it for us, the freezer was like a dorm-sized fridge and the extra freezer in the basement was really gross.
4) I have one leg and so does another member in my party. We were grateful for the elevator. We stayed in the master bedroom that had a master bath. The shower was the most dangerous one we have used in the past year. Not one railing to hold on to, so we couldn't stand up and actually shower, plus the base was very slippery.
5) When we met the owner, who was very nice, on the morning after we arrived (we got in late the night before), she warned us not to go down the gravel road as there are hunters back there. GLAD she told us, but I am not comfortable with people hunting on the property we are renting out, call me paranoid!
6) Our first night there the caretaker, who was very nice, appeared in our kitchen without any warning, notice, or knock on the door. It was a bit strange and unexpected. I know he was there to check on us so we could use the elevator, but we had no idea he was coming!
7) I have never ever been asked to empty bathroom garbage cans before departure. I always leave my rentals clean and in great order, but I paid a $145.00 cleaning fee, one would think the garbage cans are included.
8) The upstairs railing and banister are very dangerous - wobbly and completely unstable. If I owned the place, I would NOT rent it out until that was fixed by a professional - potential accident - for real
I am so sorry your stay at Hegge Haven LLC was not up to your expectations.
1)We have a 90 day cancellation policy. This policy was explained in detail through your emails prior to you booking the property.2) We supply 12 rolls of new toilet paper. In the linen closet there are partial rolls. We supply one new large roll of paper towel per stay and partial rolls are left on the lower shelf.3)I am sorry the conventional oven did not work well for you. The freezer is separate, but has more room than a conventional freezer, also the chest freezer in the entertainment room is very useful for ice and larger items.4) Thank You for alerting us to the handicap handrails inside the shower.5) Our house sits on a 110-acre farm. We do not hunt on our land but caution guests that there are hunters out and about the area.6)When you requested assistance with the elevator, our caretaker/ son Erick responded immediately to your request. We always enter via the entertainment room and shout Hello as we enter the house until we make contact with someone. 7) Dirty diapers, depends, feminine products, etc. contain human waste and we ask our guest to dispose of these items in the proper outside receptacle..8)The railing was professionally installed but with wood shrinkage the landing post came loose and wobbly. The installer has redesigned the railing. There are 5 main post and 50 spindles anchored through the floor, though seemingly loose it was not going anywhere.9)We try very hard as a family to accommodate our guests and their needs. After more than 17 emails, many calls and a REDUCTION in rent we felt confident you would enjoy your stay. When you requested Crystal (Daughter/Manager) to ask her mom and dad if they would be understanding of your situation, she responded with this email:9) Amy- I spoke with my mom. She understands that these things can be hard to anticipate as she just spent 6 months with radiation for my dad's cancer. After radiation he had a series of surgeries and still more to come this fall. She thinks that you might feel better booking a hotel or motel near the symposium that has a flexible policy. At this time we cannot afford the risk of waiting until mid-October. If it is still open when you feel more secure about your situation we would welcome you to book at that time.
10) We understand we cannot please everyone but we always try our best.
We enjoyed our stay at Hegge Haven. Beautiful setting, home spacious & comfortable. Close to some awesome sightseeing and of course shopping. I would definitely recommend this home to family and friends that are looking for somewhere special.
Perfect place for large get togethers
We had a fantastic time staying at Hegge Lane. We had a total of 16 guys in our group, and were looking for a place that could fit all of us comfortably to sleep, and eat for a bachelor party weekend. Hegge Lane definitely fit that bill, and was set up perfectly for what we wanted. Rooms and beds were all spacious and clean, and the basement "dorm" room was great to fit a bunch of guys in an area, while having their own beds. The handicap accessibility was very important to us, as the grooms brother gets around via wheelchair, and there wasn't a point throughout the weekend that he wasn't able to join us in the fun, due to inability to get there. Overall, would absolutely recommend Hegge Lane as a great place to stay with a large group!
Thank you so much for the lovely review. We were pleased to host you and your group. Keep us in mind for future get togethers!
We had a great time!
Our group of 11 seniors had a great time at Hegge Haven. Sheila met us upon our arrival and gave us a tour of the house. There were plenty of bedrooms for all of us. The upstairs rooms being nicer than the downstairs. The beds were all comfortable. The kitchen was very well stocked and we found everything we needed as we do a lot of cooking. With all the rooms in the house, it took us a bit to find each other on the first day. Plenty of room for quiet reading or large tables for group games. The whole house was very clean. The big yard provided lots of room for outdoor games and the privacy was great! We would definitely book it again!
Thanks Sheila and David,
Your group was great to host! Please come again soon!
Great experience. No issues whatsoever!
Thank you David! Hope to see you in the future.
Explore the Mississippi Valley within minutes from home for boating, fishing, kayaking, beaches, islands. Large Shopping Malls- Minnesota-, Wisconsin- Bring the family together for camp fires, yard games, nature walks, and exploring the Bluffs. Visit the many local sights- Grandads Bluff, Norskedalen, Sugar Loaf Bluff, or visit Rochester MN, home of Mayo Clinic, Explore the Tri-State area, Winter sports-,Cross country skiing, snowmobiling, Mount La Crosse Skiing. Golfers heaven- Many local golf courses for all levels of golf within 15 minutes of home.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Cancellation fees; $100.00 processing fee will be deducted from all cancellations. Cancellations must be 90 days prior to your stay. Less than 90 days Hegge Haven LLC will open your reservation dates and try to release your reservation. You will receive a Refund after the dates are booked and paid for.