|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
...FLORENCE AT YOUR FEET!
Charming, Quiet, Spacious (90 sqm = 970 sqft, sleeps 5-7 people) Family-friendly Apt in Central Ancient Bldg w/Elevator, Minutes to major sights!
Wifi, AC, 40” large HD flatscreen TV, Washer/dryer, Self-catering; no final cleaning fee.
Owners live in same building and speak English.
A fully furnished non-smoking environment with 4-meter (12-ft) ceilings, at the 2nd floor of ancient Florentine building with elevator, surrounded by historical palaces.
Apt sleeps 5 people comfortably in two large bedrooms.
Two more persons may sleep on pullout sofa bed/futon which turns into a double bed in the large living room. Maximum occupancy is therefore SEVEN, with no extra charges and no final cleaning fee.
Conveniently located in the Oltrarno district, literally steps from all the sites in Florence:
1-minute walk (=100 meters = 110 yards) away from Parco Bardini and Museo Bardini,
2 minutes from the Arno River,
5 minutes from Ponte Vecchio and Piazza Santa Croce,
6 minutes from Uffizi Museum,
7-8 minutes from Piazza Pitti and Boboli Gardens,
9-10 minutes from Piazza Signoria, Bargello Museum and Piazzale Michelangelo,
11-12 minutes from Piazza Duomo.
Apartment consists of:
• First bedroom with choice of one double bed (66”W x 75”L = cm.168 x 190), or two single beds (33”W x 75”L = cm.84 x 190). Third bed/cot available. Large built-in wardrobe/closet, chest of drawers, chairs, mirrors.
• Second bedroom with two single beds (33”W x 75”L = cm.84 x 190). Third bed/cot available. plenty of wardrobe space, shelves, chairs, tv.
• Living room with 40” large HD flatscreen TV, large pullout sofa bed/futon (which turns into a double bed), armchair, table, large cupboard.
• Kitchen featuring country-style, solid walnut fixtures of exquisite workmanship with cupboards, shelves, extendable table and eight chairs; built-in sink, dishwasher, hob with oven, refrigerator with freezer; two wooden food carts, microwave (highchair available).
• Large bathroom with wc, bidet, spacious shower stall, two basins with large mirror, washer/dryer, drying rack, shoe cupboard, bathrobe hanger.
• Small bathroom with wc, basin and mirror.
• Entrance with mirror and clothes stand.
Apartment is Equipped with:
• Air conditioning and independent heating.
• Free wifi and two small satellite TVs.
• Shutters, mosquito nets and double glazings on all windows.
• Towels, bed and kitchen linen.
• Hairdryer, soap and shampoo; first aid kit.
• Washer/dryer, drying rack, flatiron and ironing board.
• Kitchenware, utensils, toaster, American and Italian coffee makers.
• Owners live in same building and speak English.
• Nearby supermarket open 7 days/week 9am-9pm within 500m (shopping cart available).
• Bus stops within 50 meters (line C3) and 100 meters (lines D, 12 e 23).
• Flat located 50 meters inside Z.T.L. (Limited Traffic Zone).
• Nearby public gardens near the river.
• Nearby indoor car parkings bookable.
• No noisy nightclubs in neighborhood.
• Private driver w/own van available to arrange “private customized daily excursions” in Tuscan towns and countryside for small groups. A food & wine specialist with fluent English and friendly humour, he’ll drive and show you around, often away from tourist routes. Booking at extra charge required before arrival. You will not be disappointed!
• Latitude/Longitude on Google Maps and OpenStreetMap: 43.76499349601424, 11.25741170297033.
• Latitude/Longitude on Wikimapia: 43°45'54"N, 11°15'26"E.
• 2km from main train station (Firenze SMN), 10km from local airport (FLR Vespucci), 85km from Pisa Galilei airport, 95km from Livorno ferry port, 118km from Bologna Marconi airport.
Terms and limitations:
• Minimum rental: 3 days.
• No final cleaning fee.
• Utility costs (water, gas, electricity, waste-tax & condominium fees) are included if rent is shorter than one month.
• €200 refundable deposit requested upon arrival.
• Check-in between 5pm and 8pm; check-out within 10am.
• Breakfast and meals not available.
• Children allowed.
• Non-smoking environment.
• Animals not allowed.
• Not accessible to wheelchairs.
Do not hesitate to write for further information.
I'm a native Florentine living with my wife and our two boys of 22 and 18. The apartment for rent is located in the same ancient building where I live and have always lived.
We take pride in our property, are responsive to your needs and we deal with you directly – from key exchanges, to cleaning, to repairs, and anything in between.
You’ll feel at home and you’ll have Florence at your feet!
Owner/Manager purchased this apartment in 1935
This ancient building was purchased by my grandfather Michelangiolo in 1935. I was born here and have always lived at this address, except for my college years in the USA.
A very useful elevator was added in 1974.
This property was passed down through the generations and currently I own four of its nine apartments.
I have lived in this apartment since I married Cinzia in 1988; we decided to renovate and rent it in 2014, when I we moved to a larger apt on the 4th floor.
In August 2015 we began renovating another large apt on the 3rd floor, aiming to expand our tourist rentals from April 2016 onwards. A third apt, also on the 3rd floor will be renovated by spring 2017.
Excellent location in one of the most charming areas of the city, one block from the Arno River. Walking distance to everything you want to see in Florence but also equidistant to lest touristy local restaurants, and quiet enough for a good night's sleep.
The wifi works great and all the appliances are high quality, plus you also get that pleasant feeling of Italy of yesterday.
Bedrooms either feature a decorated ceiling or a breathtaking view, and are furnished with fixtures of exquisite workmanship.
Owners live in same building, speak English and are always available.
It felt like home the moment we arrived at the Rosati Apartment. Gianfranco and his wife were very hospitable and nice! The place was big enough for a family of 5 and complete with amenities. Since Firenze is a walking city, it was pretty close to everywhere. We loved our stay at the Rosati Apartment!
Spacious quiet 2 bedroom 1.5 bathroom apartment on the "other" side of the river. Great kitchen. Comfortable beds. Convenient elevator. Perfect location. Owner Gianfranco and his family are warm, welcoming and wonderful. Highly recommended.
This apartment worked really well to stay with our 4 month old baby. The owners set up a big cot (has sides, like a play yard in the US) that comfortably fit in either room. We choose to have the baby sleep in the room with twin beds, where we could hear him cry, but not hear the sleepy noises that babies make. There was no street noise heard in that second room, and we could make it very dark at night. From the main room (one bed) we could hear the occasional car drive by at night, but there is minimal traffic and it's very easy to sleep through (especially after being a tourist all day).
There is one step to enter the building and then 8 wide and even steps to get to the elevator, then one more to enter the apartment. This is nothing compared to other apartments and attractions. The steps were easy to do with the stroller or with the baby in a front pack. We didn't use our stroller too much because we got tired of lifting it on and off the Florence sidewalks around obstacles and people. We have a stroller system (larger than an umbrella stroller, smaller than a jogger) and it would fit in the elevator if we took off one wheel, or removed baby and folded it up.
Owners provided lots of information about local resources/activities and how things work in the apartment. Shower heated up quickly. Wifi worked well. Owners are super amiable, helpful and great hosts. It was about a 5min taxi ride/25 min walk to the train station (with a baby). All other positive comments by other travelers are totally true!!
This is the place to stay if you want a nice apartment, with everything you need, a great location, and a helpful, generous owner. When we arrived, we were warmly welcomed by Gianfranco and his son. Gianfranco explained how to use the apartment's amenities and wanted to make sure that all our needs were met.The size of the apartment allowed us (5 people for part of the stay and 4 people the remainder of the stay) space so that we did not feel cramped. It was nicely appointed and extremely well equipped with an real "Italian feel." The location allows you easy walking access to Florence's sites. There is also a grocery store nearby. We stayed in the apartment 13 nights and will stay there again should we get to visit Florence again.
This second- floor apartment of Gianfranco and Cinzia in Florence is only minutes away from the Ponte Vecchio bridge, stores, and markets and a good food store. Across the River Arno is the famous Uffizi Museum. Also nearby, you will gently climb the hill to the Piazzale Michelangelo square where stands a copy of the statue of David by Michelangelo with one of the finest views of the city. Many people gather on this hill to enjoy the music and watch the sun set. A beautiful place to visit.
When we arrived at the apartment, Ginafranco and Cinzia were there to meet us and they explained the running of the apartment and also left us with a bouquet of flowers and a nice bottle of red wine - both very much appreciated.
The apartment has an elevator which is good for those people who might have a problem with stairs. It is air-conditioned, spacious and equipped with everything one could want. The rooms are large and the main bathroom has two basins, a bidet and a shower, and it is large enough to double as a laundry room with a washer, drying rack and ironing board.
Both bedrooms are large and well equipped. Our adult daughters shared a bedroom which allowed them lots of space to spread out and still be confortable. The kitchen has everything one could want in the way of dishes and cooking utensils. It is the best one we have stayed in.
Gianfranco and Cinza live in the same building and were attentive to our needs, They arranged a taxi to take us to the airport and their delightful sons, Roberto and Ricardo, were at our door to help us with our luggage when we were leaving and waited with us until the taxi arrived. It was very much appreciated.
If we ever return to Florence, we would have no hesitation in using this apartment again and would recommend it to our friends. Gianfranco and Cinzia will ensure that the time you spend there will be the best they can make it. A big bouquet to them for making our visit very special.
Pauline and Herbert Sullivan,
We had a fabulous stay at Gianfranco's lovely apartment in Florence. Gianfranco and his family are so lovely - they met us at check-in and provided lots of information. Our stay went very smoothly and we were very comfortable. The apartment is so well-located on the peaceful, quieter Oltrarno side of Florence. It is tucked away on a charming and safe street that is not mobbed with tourists, but it was only a 7 minute walk to the Uffizi. We were grateful for the elevator and the A/C. Gianfranco was extremely responsive throughout the entire process, and he provided wonderful customer service. On our last day, there was a taxi strike and Gianfranco's lovely wife went above and beyond to help us get where we needed to be. Very highly recommended!
This was our families first trip to Europe and we are now spoiled. The unit is absolutely fantastic in terms of Italian charm and comfort. The host, Gianfranco and his wife were so accommodating and welcoming from the moment we met. The unit location was perfect, close to restaurants and shops, but not to close to all of the hustle and bustle which made for good nights sleep. Thank you for providing such a wonderful accommodation!
The historic centre of Florence attracts millions of tourists each year and was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982. Florence is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and its artistic, historic and cultural heritage and impact in the world remains vast up to this day. The historic centre of Florence contains numerous elegant piazzas, Renaissance palazzi, academies, parks, gardens, churches, monasteries, museums, art galleries and ateliers. The city boasts a wide range of collections of art, especially those held in the Pitti Palace and the Uffizi, (which receives about 1.6 million tourists a year). Florence is arguably the best-preserved Renaissance city in the world and is regarded by many as the art capital of Italy. It has been the birthplace or chosen home of many notable historical figures, such as Dante, Boccaccio, Giotto, Botticelli, Machiavelli, Brunelleschi, Michelangelo, Donatello, Cellini, Vespucci, Galileo, Collodi, Meucci. Respected 20th century Florentines are Gucci, Ferragamo, Cavalli, Pucci (fashion) and Benigni (actor), to name but a few.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
High season 2017
Apr 1 2017 - Oct 31 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$212|
a) damage deposit: EUR 200 (refundable upon departure)
b) tourist tax: EUR 2,50 per day per person (children under 12 don't pay).
Both damage deposit and tourist tax may be dealt with in cash after arrival.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.