About the property
- Condo935 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 10 nights
This two-bedroom unit at Kihei Akahi is perfect for families or larger traveler parties. The master bedroom has a queen size bed, and the second bedroom has twins. The air conditioned living room has a sofa bed so you can comfortably sleep 6.
Kamaole Beach Park II is one of Kihei’s most fabulous beaches for swimming, sunning, & stand-up paddle boarding. The beach is also patrolled by lifeguards 7 days a week. After walking across the street to the beach, come back to two refreshing pools, play some tennis, or choose to great restaurants and shops nearby in central Kihei. You can also BBQ, or cook in the fully equipped kitchen.
This condo features cable TV, an in-room washer/dryer and safe, Free WiFi, and a private balcony for watching Maui’s incredible sunsets.
This condo is professionally managed by an on-island vacation rental company. All responses to this listing will come from them.
Hawaii State Tax ID#: TA-012-165-5296-01
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 18, 2018
About Property Manager
Condominium Rentals Hawaii has been managing vacation rentals on Maui and Kauai for over 30 years. We service thousands of guests each year and assure that they have memorable stays while in Hawaii!
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
We enjoyed our stay very much. The property was clean, well appointed and roomy enough for us.
The kitchen was well stocked with utensils and all of them appliances worked; a very big plus. The property is well located close to shops, restaurants etc. Two suggestions would be a new mattress for the master bed and a replacement of the beach furniture. The pool area was very well maintained, particularly the BBQ's which were cleaned every day and were used by a lot of people.
Thank you for your feed back, and for choosing to stay at Kihei Akahi in unit D-515.
We will be sure to pass your recommendations on to our owner relations department, in regards to the bed in the master bedroom. Also regarding the beach chairs.
We look forward to possibly assisting you again on your next accommodation here on Maui.
We arrive to find the condo to be very basic. The left no toilet paper or paper towels. Everything is grimy and the dishes in the dishwasher were dirty. No detergent to even wash them if you wanted to. Carpet has had it and is stained and seen better days. All the window screens are rusty and awful. The patio set is rusty and missing a chair cushion. Even the remote for the TV was grimy and dirty.
We have stayed at other units in this complex and been satisfied and pleased with the location etc. Thought there would be a certain standard for the rentals, but I guess not.
Mahalo for your review. We were shocked to see a one-star review as this condo has had 4- and 5-star reviews by previous guests. After calling you, it sounds like the professional cleaner hired to prepare this condo for guest arrival may have dropped the ball and failed to stock the condo with the normal supplies of toilet paper, paper towels, dish washing detergent, soap, washing machine detergent, etc. We had the cleaner return and also refunded the guest the cleaning fee, as this cleaning service was not provided in a manner up to our management companies standards.
We hope you enjoy the rest of your stay and plan to stay again with us in the future!
Condominium Rentals Hawaii
We stayed at the Kihei Akahi with my wife and children in Spring 2016. We really enjoyed the condo and building and received excellent value for the money we paid. Here is our assessment:
* Great location. Less than 5 minutes to walk to beach Kam 2 and really close to Kam 1 and Kam 3. Also close to mall and stores with amenities (although we recommend shopping at the Costco and Safeway to really pare back costs for food and other items)
* Stunning view of ocean and sunsets that is unobstructed!
* Well stocked kitchen with utensils, plates, pots, blender. Everything you will need is there if you like to make your own food.
* Building was very quiet - no rowdies at all. The building management appears to be quite strict in a number of areas including maintaining a peaceful scene.
*Value for $$$ - We used to stay at the Maui Banyan (building next door) but this was the first year we tried the Akahi due to the cost of a unit at the Banyan. We feel on the whole the value for your money is better at the Akahi as pricing was far more reasonable for a unit of similar condition - by about 30% at least when we traveled. This will obviously vary depending on the unit itself.
* Rarely needed to use A/C. It must be the way the unit is situated but we kept the front door and patio door open (screen doors closed) and almost always had a breeze coming through the unit. I much prefer breathing in fresh Maui air versus the air conditioned variety and it keeps the noise down. We only used the A/C twice in 17 days and it was hot on almost all days during our trip
* Condition of the unit is a little dated/worn. If you feel you need a fully refurbished unit with granite, hardwood, etc. - there are other options but be prepared to spend a lot for that. Decide what's important I guess.
* No hot tub at either of the pools
* Washer/dryer/dishwasher loud - run those when you're not around
* Queen bed was not firm or super comfy; but it receives a pass
* There were some ornery owners that didn't seem to like renters around at the pool area - such as basically telling kids they cannot splash and use water toys in the pool. Go figure.
* The building doesn't fully recycle all materials (bottles/cans only) as we heard the condo board felt it cost too much. While this isn't a decision-making criterion it just bugs me the Board doesn't believe this is important enough to just swallow the cost on.
We'd stay again for sure!
Mahalo for your review of the Kihei Akahi and this condo. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Condominium Rentals Hawaii
Very comfortable stay in Kihei
Good property overall. Didn't realize the pools were for decoration and the kids weren't supposed to splash around and have fun.
Mahalo for your review and glad to hear you had a comfortable stay at the Kihei Akahi! Sorry you felt the pool rules were strict, as they are set by the board. We will keep an eye on these comments to see if it becomes a trend and let the board know.
- Condominium Rentals Hawaii
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 61+ days before your arrival date, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you will receive no refund.