About the property
- House2200 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 - 7 nights
2200 Square Foot Home W/3 Bedrooms And 3 Full Baths
Beautiful family home that has been lovingly restored. Originally built in 1883, this one-of-a-kind historic property has been lovingly restored to retain the charm of the old but offers the convenience of the new! The 2200 square foot home is very spacious, providing plenty of room for family gatherings! A major master bedroom and bath remodel was completed in June of 2013 and an en-suite bath was added to the downstairs bedroom in October of 2013, giving the home 2 master bedrooms. The home is located just one-half block west of Elk Avenue, with its restaurants and shops. The bus stop offering free shuttle service (10 minute ride) to the base of the ski mountain is two blocks away and hiking, mountain biking and Nordic skiing trails are just out the door. The stunning peak of Mt. Crested Butte is right outside the front door. The property uniquely features a beautifully landscaped and fenced private backyard with mature Aspen and pine trees, perennial local wildflower beds, large deck with outdoor furniture as well as a large historic out-building that can house your bikes and strollers!
* The home features high-end furnishings, deluxe bedding and towels, vaulted ceilings, in-floor heating, high speed wireless and satellite dish TV.
* The home features 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. One bedroom is an upstairs king master suite, with a huge steam shower and his and her grooming areas, complete with separate vanities and toilets. Beautiful furnishings, custom built cabinetry and closets as well as a large flat screen TV complete this room. Remodeled in the spring of 2013.
* In addition to the upstairs master, there is a queen downstairs master with a private bath, complete with huge shower, toilet, beautiful large vanity with an abundant amount of counter and drawer space and in-floor heated tile floors. Added in the fall of 2013.
*The 3rd bedroom is a queen loft bedroom with vaulted ceilings, sky lights, located in the front of the home, providing privacy from the rest of the house.
* The third bathroom is located on the first floor and boasts another large shower, vanity and toilet.
* The front and back of the house can be closed off from one another, giving a separate entrance and sleeping and bathroom privacy to the front of the house, including the loft queen bedroom, great room and bathroom. Perfect set up for your young adults and college aged children!
* Full kitchen with gas stove, pine cabinets, dishwasher and fully equipped with every amenity the chef needs! Kitchen has table for four for intimate dining and direct access to the adorable and spacious back yard with new Weber grill and outdoor dining area.
* Large dining room that can accommodate 6-10 people with sitting area.
* Great room has vaulted ceilings, large flat screen HD TV, DVD player and cozy gas fireplace.
* Full laundry
* The home sits on a double lot and offers the advantage of off street parking in a beautifully landscaped parking area along the side of the home. Easy access to the house or the back yard.
TOWN OF CRESTED BUTTE LICENSE #001198
Dee Dee McLeod
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 21, 2018
About Dee Dee McLeod
Crested Butte had been our vacation spot for 20 years. We always knew when the opportunity presented itself, we would buy our second home in our favorite town. We were fortunate to stumble upon 305 Third Street when we rented it for a month in July and found out that it was for sale. Since we had fallen in love with the home just by viewing it on VRBO, we set out with an intent to buy and as soon as we stepped foot in the door, we were in love! We try and travel to Crested Butte from our home in Louisville, Kentucky several times a year. We bring our beloved dog Barney and love to come out in June to open the house up for the season, again in the fall to experience the great changing season and of course to play in the snow sometime during the winter. Spending time in the house allows us to experience it as our guests do and gives us the opportunity to improve or repair anything we feel needs tending to. In fact, since purchasing the home, we have made several improvements to make it more comfortable for us and our guests, including a renovation of the master suite and the addition of a bathroom on the first floor. We think you will agree that our hands on approach of actually living in the home for an extended time helps keep the home in tip-top shape for our guests! We sincerely hope you enjoy your experience in our home and that you feel it truly is a home away from home, with the comfort and amenities you deserve when you travel! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns, no matter if you are still looking for a vacation spot or if you are a guest. We hope you love our little town as much as we do! Best, Dee Dee and Ron McLeod
Dee Dee McLeod purchased this House in 2012
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great house and location! We enjoyed our stay very much!
We had a great trip and the house was perfect for us!
Convenient,clean,comfortable,Great Communication with Owners
This location is wonderful! Close to shops,galleries & dining. The bus stop for the mountain is only a block away & the Nordic Center is only a few blocks away as well. The house was very homey and clean. Having everything we needed and then some!
Warmth and comfort throughout the house.
Clean , great amenities , wonderful location
Great house – it has everything you would want.
We have stayed in CB several times and this house has the best location. The house was immaculate and had everything that we needed. The house was perfect both inside and out, it’s great staying in a house that is so well care for. We had six adults staying here and the location enable everyone to plan their own outing and meet back up on Elk for afternoon cocktails. The back yard was perfect if you just wanted to hang out in the morning.
Fantastic family holiday
What an amazing holiday! Our week in CB was incredible and the location if 305 third was so perfect. It was walking distance to everything! Incredible restaurants, great shopping and fantastic bars are seconds away. We were there with our three young kids and could not have had a better time. The house was so perfectly equipped for our every need. It was much bigger than it appears in the photos, and was beautifully kept. We really wouldn't change a thing. Can't wait to go back!
Amazing Location. Wonderful layout. Awesome owner
We've stayed in a few places in CB. that being said, it's hard to beat this location. Don't overlook the dedicated parking spot with big signs telling others to stay away from your spot it is a HUGE plus! Parkign in CB is at a premium.
The owner is very quick to respond to any issues and then follows up to be sure all was resolved. Got to meet the property manager as well and he is very receptive. The layout is awesome. we had 2 adults and 2 sets of teen girls. the house is large enough that everyone had their own space and they could be as loud as they wanted and we were never bothered. the yard is great and we sat outside many mornings and afternoons and enjoyed the space.
don't hesitate to rent this place. we will likely rent it again
Thanks ST! We are glad the layout of the house suited your needs- we always find that a bonus when renting to couples and families that appreciate the ability for privacy! Understand your appreciation for the parking premium in CB- nice to park off street and walk everywhere! Your quick communication and reaching out about the coffee pot (and your James Bond attempt at a solution) was welcomed and allowed us to remedy the situation for you and future guests.
We look forward to the potential to host you again!
Ron and Dee Dee
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Payments by credit card will be subject to a 2.5% processing fee. Pet Fee $100 per week, per pet. CANCELLATION POLICY: Full policy available by contacting owner. Check into VRBO's "Cancellation Protection" insurance.