Slopeside Pet Friendly WIFI
Pool / Spa
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 8
- There will be a 6% lodging tax fee request for the Pocahontas County Lodging tax VRBO system does not allow me to add it to the rate
We had a wonderful time. I would let your cleaning people know to check the windows when they are cleaning. We had awesome snow but when we arrived the upstairs loft window was ajar and a good amount of snow had drifted in.
Also--there is no cell reception at the property but wifi is available. I found cell reception to be not great everywhere in SnowShoe but as this was my first visit, I had no idea. That might be something to just let people know about. I had to do some work and that came a surprise. Everything was great and we had a wonderful weekend!
Thank you for your review. The property has wifi. Cell service is limited because of the Greenbank Observatory near by. Wattage for cell towers are restricted by the government. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit
Lies, Lies, Lies
(1) Not exactly Ski In / Out unless you count hiking down a 40' bank in ski gear. It was a short walk to the slopes though which turned out to be the only good thing about the place.
(2) Not a 3 bedroom, only 2 and a loft. Not the same privacy as a closed room.
(3) Foyer ski storage? Big enough for 1 human to stand in and can hold gear of 2 people max. Bummer.
(4) Amenities - Hot Tub? LOL, no, bath tub with jets. - Satelite? LOL, all 20ish stations! - Parking? Not reserved for you! No gate and not manned. Anyone can park there and that's exactly what happened so we got to walk plenty around the complex.
(5) Gross - Dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Ashes in the fireplaces that I had to clear before I could use it again. Animal hair on everything.
(6) Broken - Doors don't close proper, Ice maker still doesn't work.
The only good thing was how quickly the host responded when we needed her to direct us to the place. The unit number was cut off when trying to view the document on mobile phones. But I did have to ask for the deposit several back days after our stay.
Snowshoe and every rental company describes this as ski in ski out. If you read the description next to "hot tub" it states Split Rock pools. The only parking lot that has a gate is Mountain Lodge which is a hotel type complex not a private entrance. Next time please read document before you arrive on the mountain. I will pass on the fireplace information to house keeping and remind them to turn on the dishwasher. Yes this is a pet friendly unit.
Great Place for a Weekend Ski Trip
Great place for basic stay. Location was very ideal to get to the slopes, was a little difficult to find at first but we found it. Weather was perfect and had all the amenities we needed.
Thank you Blake. Glad you had a good time
This is not a 3 bedroom. It’s a 1 bedroom with a loft with a bed and a walking in closet room
Good location but it’s very old part of whistlepunk. The housekeeping did a good job getting it ready but this place needs a deep clean and lots of minor repairs. Room fan had serious dust knit and not sure what would happen if you turned it on. Good location and ok place to stay but the is over stated on the web site. Not a 3 bedroom and kitchen is very small.
Thank you for your review. All of Whistlepunk condos were built the same year.
I can't fix an issue if I do not know about it. I would have sent the cleaning crew to take care of your concerns.
Most of the kitchens in Whistlepunk are the same size. Would love to know about other issues
I am sorry if you did not have a good experience
The condo was great. Only issue, ice makers wasn’t working.
Need to inform guests that they need to get a parking pass.
Beautiful Mountain setting near a resort and local attractions. Ride the train at Cass Scenic Railroad, float down the Greenbrier River or ride your bike on the biking trail. Get a massage at Snwoshoe Resort!