Berry Creek Ranch - Secluded, Scenic, for Nature Lovers(4 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Farmhouse
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Sleeps 10
The 2 old buildings are not in usable condition (yet :-) ). A little creek runs thru the 302 acres big property, dried up after August tho.
From the front porch you have breathtaking views of the Beartooth and the Crazy Mountains and there is an endless 10,000 acres of hills, pines and pasture (Land Block Management) surrounding it.
The neighbour ranches raise cattle and at times we have our own livestock on the property as well.
You might bring your dog under certain circumstances that need to be talked about.
The house has 2 levels:
2 bedrooms (with 1 queen in each),
Office with breathtaking view,
Living room with TV and DVD player,
Huge kitchen area.
2 bedrooms (1 room with queen size bed and one room with 1 full and 1 bunk bed - 2 twins),
1 bar room,
1 storage room and an additional fridge and freezer.
Big porch with BBQ grill and propane fireplace.
Kitchen is fully equipped. All silverware, cooking utensils, oven, 5 electric burners, microwave, coffee machine, toaster, dishwasher, fridge and freezer
Wood Pellet Stove
We own a guest ranch near Pryor, MT and if there would be interest we can come over and have you horseback to explore the country.
We also offer stage coach rides and bonfire cooking with dutch ovens by a living historian who can tell you endless stories about the time of the first settlers, how to make traps and show you survival skills.
Ask for prices.
The area is rich in Native American History and between Columbus and Nye there is a lot to see and experience. We can provide you with a driving tour of Stillwater County explaining the influence of the Crow Tribes to the region.
10 things to do in and around Columbus:
- Float (stillwater river flows into the yellowstone river and you can bring your own boat or tube or book a guided float)
- Fish (fishing accesses are located close to town, do your own or book fly fishing trips. For tips, lessons or booking you can call Stillwater Anglers)
- Swimming (in the town pool or in the yellowstone river)
- Golf (at the Stillwater Golf Course - 9 hole, walk ins are welcome)
- Museum of the Beartooth (local history back to 1870, miners, frontiermen, cattlemen, homesteaders and Natives)
- New Atlas Bar (opened in 1916 and is on the national register of historic places)
- Scenic Drive Hwy78 from Columbus to Red Lodge (here also: fishing ,boating, hiking, geocaching, bird watching along the entire area)
- Itch-Kep-Pe Park on the yellowstone river (30 tents and trailer campsites, restrooms and drinking water)
- Granite Peak Park (baseball and soccer fields, all games free to the public with concession stands)
- Mountain View Cemetry (more than 100 unique sandstone monuments and markers quarried in Columbus at the turn of the 20th. Century)
You are about
13 miles from Columbus,
10 miles to 'Adventure White Water Rafting'
11 miles to Absarokee (quaint little western town and former native american Crow Tribes headquarters - in the 18 hundreds)
41 miles to Billings (Montana´s biggest city)
44 miles to Red Lodge (ski area, nice western town, )
and the Beartooth Pass (breathtaking 11,000 feet altitude)
100 miles to Cody, Wyoming
130 miles to the north entrance of Yellowstone Park
We are still working on improving the road into the ranch. When it rains, you need a 4 wheel drive to get in and out of the place!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Pool Table
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $100 + tax
- Tax Rate 7%
You will be signing a Release Form for any personal injury or damage of your property that might occur while staying on this ranch.
Because there might be livestock on or around the ranch, dog owners need to be aware of this situation. There is no tolerance for hunting or chasing! Dogs must be under surveillance at all times. A doghouse and kennel is available.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Wednesday, December 07, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.