|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Berry Creek Ranch is a real ranch and there is - beside the big ranchhouse - a shop, a barn and 2 old buildings from the homesteading times, 200 hundred years ago on the property.
The 2 old buildings are not in usable condition (yet :-) ). A little creek runs thru the 302 acres big property, dried up after August tho.
From the front porch you have breathtaking views of the Beartooth and the Crazy Mountains and there is an endless 10,000 acres of hills, pines and pasture (Land Block Management) surrounding it.
The neighbour ranches raise cattle and at times we have our own livestock on the property as well.
You might bring your dog under certain circumstances that need to be talked about.
The house has 2 levels:
2 bedrooms (with 1 queen in each),
Office with breathtaking view,
Living room with TV and DVD player,
Huge kitchen area.
2 bedrooms (1 room with queen size bed and one room with 1 full and 1 bunk bed - 2 twins),
1 bar room,
1 storage room and an additional fridge and freezer.
Big porch with BBQ grill and propane fireplace.
Kitchen is fully equipped. All silverware, cooking utensils, oven, 5 electric burners, microwave, coffee machine, toaster, dishwasher, fridge and freezer
Wood Pellet Stove
We own a guest ranch near Pryor, MT and if there would be interest we can come over and have you horseback to explore the country.
We also offer stage coach rides and bonfire cooking with dutch ovens by a living historian who can tell you endless stories about the time of the first settlers, how to make traps and show you survival skills.
Ask for prices.
The area is rich in Native American History and between Columbus and Nye there is a lot to see and experience. We can provide you with a driving tour of Stillwater County explaining the influence of the Crow Tribes to the region.
10 things to do in and around Columbus:
- Float (stillwater river flows into the yellowstone river and you can bring your own boat or tube or book a guided float)
- Fish (fishing accesses are located close to town, do your own or book fly fishing trips. For tips, lessons or booking you can call Stillwater Anglers)
- Swimming (in the town pool or in the yellowstone river)
- Golf (at the Stillwater Golf Course - 9 hole, walk ins are welcome)
- Museum of the Beartooth (local history back to 1870, miners, frontiermen, cattlemen, homesteaders and Natives)
- New Atlas Bar (opened in 1916 and is on the national register of historic places)
- Scenic Drive Hwy78 from Columbus to Red Lodge (here also: fishing ,boating, hiking, geocaching, bird watching along the entire area)
- Itch-Kep-Pe Park on the yellowstone river (30 tents and trailer campsites, restrooms and drinking water)
- Granite Peak Park (baseball and soccer fields, all games free to the public with concession stands)
- Mountain View Cemetry (more than 100 unique sandstone monuments and markers quarried in Columbus at the turn of the 20th. Century)
You are about
13 miles from Columbus,
10 miles to 'Adventure White Water Rafting'
11 miles to Absarokee (quaint little western town and former native american Crow Tribes headquarters - in the 18 hundreds)
41 miles to Billings (Montana´s biggest city)
44 miles to Red Lodge (ski area, nice western town, )
and the Beartooth Pass (breathtaking 11,000 feet altitude)
100 miles to Cody, Wyoming
130 miles to the north entrance of Yellowstone Park
We are still working on improving the road into the ranch. When it rains, you need a 4 wheel drive to get in and out of the place!
Everything was great. The location is beautiful, the cabin is convenient and the owner was great to work with. We plan to go back again.
We had a great time staying at Berry Creek Ranch! We had a wedding to attend farther east in Montana and Columbus was a perfect location for us. We had 9 of us stay and loved how much room there was. Everyone had their own bed. We played card games, board games, puzzles and the kids watched "The Pink Panther" from the dvd library at the ranch. Heidi was very helpful with our pre-planning, very quick responses to my many emails. Thank you Heidi for letting us stay at your place!
We enjoyed our stay at the Berry Creek Ranch, we are planning on returning. Great people, great views, great home!
My family of 5 stayed for a week and we all loved the house and property! The land is beautiful and secluded and located close to all the fun day-trip activities that we had planned in Yellowstone and Wyoming. The kids really enjoyed seeing wildlife coming in and out of the property. The owner was very helpful and easy to work with. Would visit again!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Cleaning Fee||$100 + Tax|
You will be signing a Release Form for any personal injury or damage of your property that might occur while staying on this ranch.
Because there might be livestock on or around the ranch, dog owners need to be aware of this situation. There is no tolerance for hunting or chasing! Dogs must be under surveillance at all times. A doghouse and kennel is available.