Beautiful English Farmhouse in Hollywood Hills(4 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 3 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths (Sleeps 6)
It is perfect for families and professionals wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle of the City.
* Living Room: large, bright, breezy with vaulted ceiling and working fireplace. Flat-screen TV with DirecTV and Netflix, etc.
* Dining room: separate room with seating for 8 people. French doors lead out to the balcony overlooking the garden. (Hummingbirds sometimes nest in the tree below you.)
* Kitchen: fully-equipped original 1920s kitchen with breakfast nook and O'Keefe and Merritt stove (wonderful for bakers!). Dishwasher, purified water, microwave, cafetiere, Sodastream, and many other kitchen tools and appliances. It is stocked with essentials replaced with each booking, such as local olive oil, sugar, tea, coffee, spices, etc. and a bottle of Californian white wine.
* Breakfast patio with BBQ.
* Study (converted garage): sofa, desk, combination printer/fax/scanner/copier for guest use with printer paper.
* 1/4 bathroom.
* Master bedroom: king-size bed, fireplace, armoire, and 2 large closets. French doors lead to the garden patio and to the laundry room.
* Bedroom #2: queen bed, armoire, desk, and large closet.
* Bedroom #3: twin bed with a trundle, armoire.
*Linens: all down comforters, down pillows, and high-quality white sheets. Down alternative bedding can be provided in case of allergies.
* Bathroom: fluffy white towels and travel-size shampoo, conditioner and basic toiletries provided.
* Laundry room: washer and dryer, adjacent to master bedroom. Laundry soap will be provided.
* Garden patio with garden furniture.
* Off-street parking.
* Central air/heat.
* DSL internet.
The house shares a wall with the cottage next door yet is completely private.
Guests are welcome to munch on any fruit they find in the gardens, including apples, pomegranates, citrus, and many herbs.
Interaction with hosts
We respect privacy. However, hosts are always available to help in any way they can to recommend restaurants, sights, hikes etc., and are on call at a moment's notice to attend to any issues with the house.
Peaceful, family-friendly and safe, Beachwood Canyon's reputation as an oasis in the middle of Los Angeles is fully justified.
A perfect launch-point for those visiting Los Angeles and Southern California, it has on its doorstep Griffith Park (the largest municipal park in North America) with its multiple playgrounds and hundreds of miles of hikes, and Lake Hollywood, a wonderful spot for a bike ride or jog.
Beachwood Canyon a perfect base for those working or vacationing in Los Angeles. One of the most convenient neighborhoods in Los Angeles for getting around, all major tourist destinations are within easy reach.
By foot: a 15 minute walk down the hill brings you to hip Franklin Village (Gelson's supermarket, multiple restaurants, dry cleaners etc.) 15 minutes up the hill takes you to our favorite cafe (Beachwood Cafe) and small market.
By car: it is close to the 101 freeway which takes you to Downtown in one direction, or, north, into the Valley and Malibu in the other.
By public transport: the Red Line metro is either a 15 minute walk or short bus ride on the Beachwood Dash (the bus stop is a 2 minute walk away).
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 2400 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- Satellite / Cable
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Mountain Biking
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Cleaning Fee $150
- Taxes Not included
Pets are considered upon arrangement with host.
Private catering options are available - host is a private chef who trained at the American Academy in Rome under Alice Waters. Please contact host for options and rates.
Please note that this is a quiet neighborhood. Your consideration is appreciated.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Living Room with working fireplace
Front door into Living Room
Dining room with French doors out to the balcony
Kitchen with breakfast nook
Upstairs toilet (1/4 bath)
Doors lead out to private patio and laundry room
Light-filled master bathroom
Front of house
Pomegranate, Apple, and Citrus trees
Living room looking into the dining room
Double sink, dishwasher, and vintage O'Keefe Merritt stove
Master bedroom with working fireplace
Dappled shade on the back patio all day
Second bedroom with Queen bed
Third bedroom with twin bed and trundle
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Saturday, April 29, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.