|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
This large, bright, peaceful, 3 bedroom, English Farmhouse is one of the original 1920s Hollywoodland developments, just down the street from the Mary Astor Charlie Chaplin residence.
It is perfect for families and professionals wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle of the City.
* Living Room: large, bright, breezy with vaulted ceiling and working fireplace. Flat-screen TV with DirecTV and Netflix, etc.
* Dining room: separate room with seating for 8 people. French doors lead out to the balcony overlooking the garden. (Hummingbirds sometimes nest in the tree below you.)
* Kitchen: fully-equipped original 1920s kitchen with breakfast nook and O'Keefe and Merritt stove (wonderful for bakers!). Dishwasher, purified water, microwave, cafetiere, Sodastream, and many other kitchen tools and appliances. It is stocked with essentials replaced with each booking, such as local olive oil, sugar, tea, coffee, spices, etc. and a bottle of Californian white wine.
* Breakfast patio with BBQ.
* Study (converted garage): sofa, desk, combination printer/fax/scanner/copier for guest use with printer paper.
* 1/4 bathroom.
* Master bedroom: king-size bed, fireplace, armoire, and 2 large closets. French doors lead to the garden patio and to the laundry room.
* Bedroom #2: queen bed, armoire, desk, and large closet.
* Bedroom #3: twin bed with a trundle, armoire.
*Linens: all down comforters, down pillows, and high-quality white sheets. Down alternative bedding can be provided in case of allergies.
* Bathroom: fluffy white towels and travel-size shampoo, conditioner and basic toiletries provided.
* Laundry room: washer and dryer, adjacent to master bedroom. Laundry soap will be provided.
* Garden patio with garden furniture.
* Off-street parking.
* Central air/heat.
* DSL internet.
* Child care can usually be arranged.
The house shares a wall with the cottage next door yet is completely private.
Guests are welcome to munch on any fruit they find in the gardens, including apples, pomegranates, citrus, and many herbs.
Interaction with hosts
We respect privacy. However, hosts are always available to help in any way they can to recommend restaurants, sights, hikes etc., and are on call at a moment's notice to attend to any issues with the house.
Peaceful, family-friendly and safe, Beachwood Canyon's reputation as an oasis in the middle of Los Angeles is fully justified.
A perfect launch-point for those visiting Los Angeles and Southern California, it has on its doorstep Griffith Park (the largest municipal park in North America) with its multiple playgrounds and hundreds of miles of hikes, and Lake Hollywood, a wonderful spot for a bike ride or jog.
Beachwood Canyon a perfect base for those working or vacationing in Los Angeles. One of the most convenient neighborhoods in Los Angeles for getting around, all major tourist destinations are within easy reach.
By foot: a 15 minute walk down the hill brings you to hip Franklin Village (Gelson's supermarket, multiple restaurants, dry cleaners etc.) 15 minutes up the hill takes you to our favorite cafe (Beachwood Cafe) and small market.
By car: it is close to the 101 freeway which takes you to Downtown in one direction, or, north, into the Valley and Malibu in the other.
By public transport: the Red Line metro is either a 15 minute walk or short bus ride on the Beachwood Dash (the bus stop is a 2 minute walk away).
We stayed for a bit more then 2 weeks with our 3 kids (6,5,2) and it was wonderful. The house is nice and spacious and the beds are very comfortable. There is a off street parking spot which is very nice and its close to 101 which is convient to everything! The neighborhood was safe, quiet and beautiful. The house is very pretty and the hosts are very nice and helpful. I would recommend the house to anyone looking for a place in the Los Angles area.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Pets are considered upon arrangement with host.
Private catering options are available - host is a private chef who trained at the American Academy in Rome under Alice Waters. Please contact host for options and rates.
Please note that this is a quiet neighborhood. Your consideration is appreciated.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.