About the property
- Condo655 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
The Kihei Akahi is a six-story condo complex that is ideally situated in south Kihei across the street from Kamaole Beach Park II, a very popular beach on Maui. After you return from the beach, take a dip in one of two on-site swimming pools, or play some tennis on the private court. Shops and restaurants are also just a few blocks away from the condo (just walk up or down South Kihei Rd). If you want to stay in and eat, you can take some food to the propane barbecues on property and grill up a great lunch or dinner!
This condo is located on the 4th floor and is 655 square feet. Take advantage of a full kitchen to cook up breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and then walk that meal out to your private lanai where you can eat outdoors. The condo has a queen bed in the bedroom and a fold out couch in the living room to sleep an additional two guests. There is air conditioning in the living room and free WiFi throughout. There is a shower in the bathroom.
This condo is professionally managed by an on-island vacation rental company. All responses will come from them.
State Tax ID # TA-024-571-9040-01
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 18, 2018
About Property Manager
Condominium Rentals Hawaii has been managing vacation rentals on Maui and Kauai for over 30 years. We service thousands of guests each year and assure that they have memorable stays while in Hawaii!
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
This unit was on the 4th floor of the Kihei Akahi, in building C (4 buildings on the property). I was traveling with my husband and two children ages 5 months and 3 years for context.
1. The location is amazing, directly across the street from Kamaole Park Beach II which was not crowded and lovely for my daughter to play in the waves. On a small 'strip' of street which gave us easy walkable access to restaurants, little shops and of course, ice cream. A short drive to Foodland, Wailea shops, etc.
2. The unit was spacious. Well stocked kitchen. Wi fi was good. Lovely view of the water (when standing on the balcony).
3. In suite laundry (with detergent provided by the front desk). Awesome!
4. Tonnes of beach stuff to use (beach chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards, beach towels, snorkel gear etc)
5. Free dedicated parking spot.
6. The two pools are clean and convenient. BBQs poolside are obviously well maintained (as are the surrounding gardens/grounds). Can only access pools with a key which keeps them secure. There are always shady spots to sit in poolside (important with baby).
7. Fast elevators.
THE NOT SO GOOD:
1. The pull out in the living room was incredibly uncomfortable. Completely adequate for my 3 year old but terrible for anyone adult sized.
2. No bathtub. I may have missed this in the description...
3. Dated decor and linens. Not sure how often the comforters (not duvets with covers) would have been cleaned...
4. Air con ok for living room but not strong enough to cool bedroom (which is at the front of the unit).
5. Windows in the bedroom are not sound proof and bedrooms face onto the main walk ways of the building. So, you hear people walking by as well as outside traffic noise (cars, garbage trucks during baby nap time, etc).
In short, I would definitely stay at the Kihei Ahaki again; however, would opt for a ground level suite (many of which open out to a lovely grassy but NOT ENCLOSED area which would be great for older or supervised kids). Of note, our building was concrete which limited noise issues through walls/ceilings (unlike building B).
Mahalo for your review. Sounds like you found the condo well equipped and in a great location! We hope to host you again in the future. We will take a look at the fold out sofa and see if we receive any other guest comments.
Condominium Rentals Hawaii
It was absolutely perfect. They thought of everything.
Glad you liked the condo! We hope to see you back again soon!
- Condominium Rentals Hawaii
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 61+ days before your arrival date, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you will receive no refund.