Our 4000 sf home has that modern Chateau feeling and we hope your stay will be as royal as can be.
You might read on the different reviews that in some instances we rented the entire house to our guests, in others we shared the house with our guests and provided breakfast, operating as a B&B. This is no longer the case, we only rent the entire house now and we don't live in the house any more. It will be all yours to enjoy :)
We are only a few minutes away from Crown Center (we are part of the Crown Center district & North Hyde Park area), 3 blocks from Martini Corner, Power & Light, Westport, Plaza, Downtown, River Market, Chiefs & Royals stadiums. We are perfectly centered in the city so nothing is far away and buses are only a block away.
The house is fully furnished, linen & towels, hair products, soap, etc. are provided. The kitchen is fully equipped. In short, you'll find in this house everything you need as you would find in your own home.
Note: due to the limited time we have in between 2 rentals to do laundry and clean, if you need more than one set of sheets, one bath towel, washcloth, hand towel (provided) please bring extra ones.
Other than a great kitchen, living and dining room, we have an awesome space on the 3rd floor, the "lounge" area with a bar, sofas, books, etc. A great place to relax.
Louis XIV has a Queen size bed, its own en suite bathroom and large outdoor patio.
Victoria has a King size bed, its own bathroom across the hallway.
Louis-François has a King size bed and shares a bathroom with Anne-Elisabeth.
Anne-Elisabeth has a Queen size bed and shares a bathroom with Louis-François.
Bedding consist of duvets and duvet covers. The duvet cover is useful because it protects the duvet during use and is easily removed and easy to wash after each guest. It serves as a top sheet and makes the whole chore of making your bed a lot easier. It’s a single covering instead of a combination of sheets, blankets, quilts and other bed coverings. That being said you'll find extra flat sheets if needed and extra pillows in the bedrooms cabinets.
Each bedroom has its own flat screen TV, as does the living room.
We have free Wi-Fi throughout the house (Google Fiber), central AC and heat.
There is plenty of parking space in the back of the house where 4 cars can easily park. (no more than 4 please and no parking or driving on the grass).
Our neighborhood is a melting pot of cultures and artists. We are right by 'Martini Corner' where you can walk to from the house and have a nice choice of bars and restaurants.
Last but not least, we have a few house rules, only common sense required :)
- We don't wear shoes in the house so we ask our guests to do the same OR to bring clean shoes to use in the house, whatever works for you.
- We do not allow parties in the house.
- We do not allow outside/non-paying guests in the property. If you want a couple of family members or friends to visit, as long as it's NO MORE than a couple and NO OVERNIGHT stay, that's fine, just let us know.
- We care about the environment and we recycle. All recycling items can be left at the house in the blue bin but you will have to bring your glass bottles 2 blocks away (Home Depot) to recycle them. Our cleaning crew could do it but will charge for the time it takes them to take care of it (extra $20). Let us know if you want them to do it or if you want to take care of it yourself.
- Before you leave bring all your trash in the trash bin outside.
- Before you leave make sure dishes are clean and back to the proper place in the cabinets, dishwasher must be empty.
- We ask our guests to try and leave the AC at 76° during the summer as advised by our AC company, and 69° during winter time. House has plenty of fans as well.
- No smoke, no pet, no illegal downloading.
- Don't move the furniture outside (! yes, some people have done that in the past... ;))
- Don't drive or park on the grass (! yes, same as above ;))
- Make sure doors and windows are locked prior to your departure.
- Lastly, these rentals are self-catering. We provide bedding (1 set per bed), bath towel and washcloth (1 set per person) and kitchen linens for your stay. Due to the limited time we have to clean and do laundry between two rentals, we cannot offer an unlimited amount of towels & linens. There is a washer and dryer you can use if you need to wash towels during your stay. We invite you to bring your own if you need more. We also provide an initial supply of paper towels (1 roll), toilet paper (2 full rolls per bathroom), dish detergent and laundry detergent. If you run out of these disposable items during your stay, you will need to purchase some to use.