This home conveniently located just a 10 minute walk to the south end of Main St. - downtown Hendersonville. Walk there in the evenings for dinner, drinks and entertainment. After you finish, simply take an easy walk back - there’s no UBER (or similar) in Hendersonville at the moment.
This is a small home with 600sqft of floor space. It has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. Bedroom A has a queen bed while Bedroom B has 2 twin beds. There is also a living room and kitchen. The living room comfortably fits a sofa, love seat and entertainment center. The kitchen is well equipped if your want do do some cooking - if your wondering if a particular utensil or cookware is available, please ask me and I will let you know and do my best to make it available. The only downside (for some) in the kitchen is the lack of a dishwasher.
The entertainment system is awesome. It has a 36” television which I see as right sized for this home. Cable television (standard package - nothing fancy like HBO) and high speed cable internet is provided to guests. There is also a DVD player should you be in ‘movie mode.’
There is a desk available for you to set up your personal laptop and send out the email that you didn’t get to finished before you left for vacation. Perhaps you’ve got to catch up on some college homework...that darn webassign - I despise its inventor.
There is also a dining table as well as a porch table and chair set for your home dinning needs.
As far as comfort, the home climate control is maintained by an energy efficient TRANE HVAC heat pump unit. It utilizes a Honeywell WiFi connect thermostat which enables me to ensure the home is at a comfortable setting just prior to your arrival.
If you need to wash your hiking or mountain biking gear, or you simply didn’t bring enough changes of cloth...no problem, there is a washer and dryer in the garage. It’s not a finished garage but feel free to use it as a storage place for your outdoor gear.
✅Walk to downtown
✅Small home, 600sqft
✅Bedroom 1 - Queen Bed
✅Bedroom 2 - 2 x Twin Bed
✅Well stocked kitchen
✅Cozy living room with
✅High-speed internet and cable TV
✅Writing desk provided
✅Outdoor table and chair set on the porch
✅Reliable HVAC unit
✅Washer and Dryer
✅Garage that can be used for storing your gear
Hiking, Mountain Biking, Kayaking, Fishing
• Oklawaha Greenway (Closest Entrance via Jackson Park) – 1.5 miles
• Carl Sandburg Home – 4 miles
• Green River Gorge – 11 miles
• DuPont State Forest – 14 miles
• Pisgah National Forest (Mills River, NC Entrance) – 15 miles
• Pisgah National Forest (Brevard, NC Entrance) – 17 miles
• Blue Ridge Parkway (Closest Entrance via The NC Arboretum (mile marker 394)) – 18 miles
• Chimney Rock State Park – 18 miles
• Hickory Nut Gorge – 18 miles
• The North Carolina Arboretum – 18 miles
• The Biltmore Estate – 22 miles
• Thomas Wolfe Memorial – 25 miles
Cool Nearby Towns
• Asheville, NC (Downtown) – 26 miles
• Saluda, NC (Downtown) – 10 miles
• Brevard, NC (Downtown) – 20 miles