About the property
- Chalet1300 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
3 Bedroom, 3 Bath with Mountain Views and Golf
Welcome to our 3 bedroom, 3 bath home. We hope you enjoy “Adler Hutte” (German for “Eagle’s Hut”) as much as we do. As a retired Air Force Colonel (eagle rank insignia) and former fighter pilot who spent 13 years in Germany, my wife and I felt this was an appropriate name for our “Get Away”. During our days in the US Air Force, we traveled extensively in Bavaria, the southern part of Germany, which includes the German Alps. That is why we like this little village of Bavarian Helen so much and why we come here to get away when we can. Since this is our home, you will notice many personal items (many from Germany) that we leave here. We request that you respect them as you would for any home that you visit.
Thank you for not smoking inside and please use caution with open flames and cigarette ashes when outside.
There are lots of things to see and do, including playing golf on the lovely Innsbruck course. Don't forget to ask for discounted rate as guests of the Proctor’s. This is also a great place to hike or just relax, enjoy the peace and quiet, and let the stresses of everyday life pass you by.
All the comforts of home can be found here in the serene and tranquil gated resort community of Innsbruck, located inside the city limits and just minutes from the hustle and bustle of downtown Bavarian Helen, home of the longest Octoberfest east of the Mississippi River. Put your feet up in front of the welcoming gas fireplace and enjoy the flat screen TV. Fix a meal in the kitchen and eat inside, or outside on either the private front or back deck (I prefer the front deck in the morning overlooking the valley when the occasional flock of geese will flyover heading to the golf course lakes). Try the Golf Course Grill for lunch or early evening snack along with its free WI-FI .
When you're ready to venture out, enjoy golf at the guest rate for up to 6 people per day, including GPS golf carts; take a dip in the resort’s refreshing pool; play a rousing game of tennis; head downtown for some local shopping or dining; tube down the Chattahoochee; or take a ride around town in one of the horse drawn carriages. When you return home, get a good night's sleep in either of the three bedrooms, each with its own bathroom.
SPECIALS Dec 1 – May 15: Book 2 nights and get 3rd night FREE!
Specials: Book 3 nights and get 4th night FREE! Book 5 nights get 2 FREE!
HOLIDAYS: The following holidays require 3 nights minimum: Easter; Memorial Day; July 4th; Labor Day; Christmas. Thanksgiving requires 4 nights minimum.
Military (active or retired) receive 5% discount.
CLEANING/RESORT FEE OF $100 AND 15% TAXES (State, City, Resort) ARE EXTRA..
MINIMUM STAY IS 2 NIGHTS. Specials do not apply to holiday periods. Over holiday periods, rates increase 15-20%.
• No Pets
• Children Welcome
• Not Wheelchair Accessible
• Renter must be a responsible adult over 21.
• Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
• Upstairs Master Bedroom: 1 King
• Main Floor: 1 queen
• Main Floor: 1 bunk bed and one trundle bed: Sleeps 4.
Bathrooms: 3 Full Bathrooms with Showers
Kitchen & Dining
• Kitchen: All the comforts of home - refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee maker, blender, toaster, pots, pans, utensils, and dishwasher
• Dining Area Seats: 6
• Bar seats 4
• Linens Provided:
All bed sheets, blankets, pillows, pillow cases, kitchen and bath towels provided.
• Washing Machine and Clothes Dryer:
• Gas Fireplace in living room
• Central Air Conditioning
• Paved Parking for 3 to 4 cars
• Central Heat
• Discounted golf included for up to six people each day of your stay; guests pay $25/person midweek or $35/weekend (includes GPS cart rental). Beautiful mountain golf course. Use of the seasonal resort community pool and tennis courts is also included with your stay. Great trout fishing close by at Smithgall Woods or Duke's Creek.
• Cable TV
• Music:Stereo system, with CDs provided.
• CD/ DVD Player
• WI-FI Broadband Access: Free WI-FI with good signal is available at the golf course restaurant. Site access is "innsbruckguest" and password is the same
• Communal Pool: Community pool is located next to the tennis courts (first road to the left as you go thru the gate).
• 2 private decks with picnic table and chairs. Gas grill on rear deck
• Golf Course View Across Street:
• Mountain View
• Boating/Sailing at Nearby Unicoi State Park
• Hot Air Ballooning (seasonal)
• Rock Climbing
• Wildlife Viewing
• Horseback Riding
• Wine tasting
• Miniature Golf (3 Courses)
• Sight Seeing
• Mountain Biking
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 25, 2018
About Cort Proctor
Colonel Cort Proctor retired from the Air Force in 1991 then spent 15 years working for industry while wife Lona owned and operated Happyland Preschool. Since the Proctor's spent 17 years in Germany, Bavarian Helen was ideal for our getaway home. However, as we have aged, we don't visit as much as we would like since our primary home is in the Florida Panhandle. We hope you enjoy your stay at Adler Hutte as much as we do.
Cort Proctor purchased this Chalet in 2004
Why Cort Proctor chose Helen
If you like the mountains (but not too large!) this is the place. Our home is on a quiet cul-de-sac with only a few curves and few hills to negotiate. Don't be intimidated by the up-hill driveway. You can also use the driveway next door in order to pull straight in to your spot. Please do not park next door. Sitting on the front deck is like being in a tree house overlooking the valley below. While on the rear deck, watch for deer but don't leave any foodstuff in the garbage can or outside or you may also see bear. A quiet and serene place sitting on either deck with the forest surrounding you.
What makes this Chalet unique
If you haven't visited Germany, this is close enough. Good German food and beer with several wineries nearby. Octoberfest is great with imported German OOMPAH bands. Enjoy sitting on the river downtown in the summer enjoying a bratwurst and watching the people float by on colorful tubes, or maybe try it yourself! Recommended places to eat and sights to see are in the Welcome Book in the cabin.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
For your next stay, remember to ask for repeat visitor discount.
This was my 2nd time returning and my daughter’s 3rd time. The cabin was immaculate when we arrived and well stocked with plenty of towels, sheets, toiletries, kitchen appliances, etc. The owner is extremely responsive whenever I have questions about our stay. I will be renting this cabin again in the near future.
Thanks for those kind words. We try to make your visit as nice as we would expect if we were there.
Spring Break 18
We decided on this area for our spring break and Cort was great on communication about his rental.
Rental is close to everything we needed and wanted to visit in this area. (Applalachian trail isn't too far away...my guys hiked 11 miles as one is earning his Hiking merit badge for this, Several very nice State Parks, Babyland, Nora Mill Granary)
The rental is very nice...we had 3 adults and 2 children and we had plenty of room for all of us to enjoy our break. Was nice to have the fully stocked kitchen and washer/dryer. It was a very comfortable place to relax after a big day of hiking or shopping.
I would highly recommend this rental if you visit this area. Thank-you Proctor's for making our Spring Break a fantastic get-a-way.
Glad you had a good time and really appreciate your ext remunderstanding with driveway repair and associated rain delay. Next visit remember to ask for your repeat visitor discount.
Dissatisfied w/ refund
The house was great. I was warned beforehand about the steep driveway, but I think you need to add, if you don't have front wheel drive, don't even attempt it. I slid down into the ditch in my brand new Toyota Hybrid. $4,000+ damage to my car. Was disappointed I didn't get more of a refund when I left after 1 night because of my unfortunate accident.
I have had the property for 12 years and no one has ever had any problems with the driveway and no one has ever visited, that I know of, that had 4 wheel drive. Re refund, there are sunk costs, even if only one night: VRBO service charge, cleaning, resort fee, etc that still must be paid. Regret that you had an accident but you are the first to have ever had such an incident.
Had such a Great time, wish we could have stayed for another week. House we well equipped and very nice relaxing home. Thank you !!¡
Thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed Eagle's Hut.
Don't forget to ask for your repeat guest discount for your next stay.
Great mountain getaway
We enjoyed the chalet in Helen, GA. It felt secluded in the woods, but was close enough to Helen for the restaurants and activities. The chalet worked great for our group (2 couples and 1 adult child) with the 3 BR and 3 BA. The beds were very comfortable and the kitchen was well stocked. We grilled out one night and ate at Bodensee (German) restaurant one night (very good food!). There are lots of outdoor activities near by. We hiked to two beautiful waterfalls (Raven Cliff Falls and Dukes Creek Falls) and canoed down the Chestatee River in Dahlonega). The Cavendar Creek Vineyard was wonderful - good wines, a porch with rocking chairs, games on the lawn, and we happened to catch some live music. Overall, it was an awesome Labor Day weekend. It helped that we had a regular GPS (Garmin) because our phone GPS didn't always get a signal.
Thanks for those kind words and glad to hear your time in Helen was so enjoyable.
For your next visit to Eagles Hut, don't forget to ask for your repeat guest discount of 10%.
Located in the foothills of Northeastern Georgia, Helen is located on the banks of the Chattahoochee River and 90 miles northeast of Atlanta. The village is decorated in the German Bavarian theme. Golf, hiking, waterfalls,winery tours and relaxing are the favorite activities.
Driving instructions are as follows:
From Atlanta take I-85 north direction Greenville/Gainesville. HOV lane becomes a toll lane shortly after leaving downtown and continues until Mile Marker 90. You will need a Georgia Peach Pass or Florida Sun Pass for tolls. There are no collection booths. If you don’t have a pass and use the toll road, a picture of your license will be taken and the bill sent for collection with an added collection fee. What you do with that is up to you. Not sure if they take your home and first born if you don’t pay.
2. Take I-985 north (Exit 113 direction Gainesville). I-985 will become SR 365/US 23 about 5 miles after leaving I-985. About 42 miles after leaving I-85 watch for sign to Helen and Unicoi State Park. Get in left lane and turn left at the light onto SR 384 (Duncan Bridge Road). Travel 16 miles and turn right onto SR 75. Follow signs for 3 miles to Helen.
3. Jut prior to Helen you will pass thru Nacoochee Valley, Habersham Winery and Nora Mill, where you can pick up your stone ground grits, corn meal, etc. It’s worth a visit.
4. Shortly thereafter you will pass Helen City Limit sign on the right. Take next right just before Jameson Inn onto Edelweiss Strasse (street).
5 Baptist Church and Econolodge will be on the left after you turn. Turn right at the all-way stop sign onto Brucke Strasse.
6. Cross the bridge and turn left at the stop sign. Go to top of the hill and watch for Innsbruck Security Gate on the right. Turn in here, pick up resort pass and continue on Bahn Innsbruck for 0.6 miles. As you get to the top of the hill, turn right onto Schwartzwald Strasse into Igls (Time Shares) and Igls Landing (Proctor's area).
7. Stay to the right around the Igls clubhouse and continue to the right and follow the road down a steep hill. Most folks turn too early and make a left turn into the lower part of the time shares. Just follow the road and it will make a sharp turn to the left (a small house will be just at the 90 degree turn.
8. Go about half way up the hill and take first left onto Dach Brucke Gasse. Go about 0.2 miles, passing several houses on your left but just at the top of a small hill watch for the second house (green) on right.
9. The driveway is steep so with several cars, it will be easier to go up the driveway of the first house (white) on the right and then turn across the connection into our driveway. You can then pull straight ahead into our parking area and get two cars side by side. A third car can park on the concrete connection between the driveways.
10. Please do not park in the adjacent neighbor's driveway. They will be up on most weekends.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are susceptible to change until confirmed. Military (active or retired) receive 5% discount. Lock box code and specific directions issued after receipt of final payment Luggage lift is not available to guests due to liability.