This home was built in 1925 in the classic mission revival style and was renovated in 2014. It has an open 4 room plan (porch, living, dining, kitchen) and an adjacent hallway providing two bedrooms with closets, dressers and a full bath. There is a comfortable fenced in back yard for additional relaxation. The detached garage provides a washer, dryer and free use of two bikes. This property is ideal for one or two couples!
2 bedroom, 1 bath home close to the beach, sleeps 4.
About Garth Roberts
This home was purchased in 2013 and has been completely updated. We were looking for an old Florida community that has a small town feel, with a Main Street, nearby beach and friendly atmosphere. Lake Worth is known for its 'cottages,' and this 1925 historic home is a short walk or bike ride to the center of town where you'll find restaurants, galleries, supermarket and shopping opportunities. The newly restored Lake Worth Casino is part of the beautiful Lake Worth beach.
Garth Roberts purchased this House in 2013
Why Garth Roberts chose Lake Worth
We love older homes - this property boasts it's original stucco walls, arched entrances, fireplace and original hardwood floors. We have always been drawn to the Mission Revival Style.
What makes this House unique
Lake Worth is a coastal city of 37,000 residents and 7 square miles, located in Palm Beach County, Florida. The Atlantic Ocean and the broad waters of the Lake Worth Lagoon form the city's east boundary and the beautiful fresh waters of Lake Osborne its west. Next door to Palm Beach, it is situated along the latitude making the northern most point of the subtropics. Lake Worth is truly the place “where the tropics begin” and the fun never ends. Lake Worth is a dynamic, multi-cultural city with a strong social and environmental consciousness. People are drawn to the city by its independent character, acceptance of different cultures and lifestyles, many historic structures, hip downtown, and distinctive residential neighborhoods. The city has a rich history and is protective of its historic architectural fabric. Over 1,000 historic buildings contribute to the human scale and charm of the downtown and residential areas. The City is the geographic and artistic center of Palm Beach County. The downtown is considered the artistic soul of Lake Worth with a historic theater and a museum, live music clubs, coffee houses, art galleries, antique malls, retail stores, and many restaurants.
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Lush Garden & Wonderful Home !!!
YES we had a terrific stay !!! I only would have liked to enjoy the wonderful house
& lush tropical garden more instead of galavanting everywhere but even the
torrential rain for the first few days didn't spoil our wonderful stay at this CHARMING
& lavish home!!!
A simply AMAZING stay at a beautiful cozy place that immediately made us feel at home!
We immediately fell in love when we walked into this cozy home, central to all we wanted to do this week in Florida. The house was immaculate and ready for our stay, the owners made checking in and out a piece of cake. We had plenty of room, and the eclectic and colorful decor left us thinking how to incorporate it into our home in New York :-) This rental boasts a full kitchen with a dishwasher, a washer and dryer made it easy for us to pack very light, and the back yard is a little oasis that made us want to come home early to listen to the fountain water and relax under the lights of the trees. An beautiful beach is in walking distance, and the community of Lake Worth has a diverse, artsy, colorful feel, with a GREAT nightlife. The culture of the community is inviting, artistic touches are everywhere, and we wish we had time to visit the theater for a live performance. We are so happy with our stay, we are looking to purchase a home exactly like this one, in the same area. Highly recommend, and already planning our next trip.
Charming house but Disappointed by the run down and questionable neighborhood
The owners were very responsive and accommodating. The house is super cute and has a great kitchen for cooking. Though there were mice droppings. The house is set up ideally for family of 4. My son got the couch. It was a very comfortable place to stay. However the house has old thin windows and we heard every single swear and cuss word from the neighbor next door as well as the movie they were watching. The neighbors dogs and pet pig were barking until 1 am for several days in a row. We had to ask them to bring the dogs inside in the middle of the night twice. Two houses down people were blasting fireworks right over the vrbo until 2am. Cars would also speed down the side streets late into the night. The house on the other side next door is boarded up and the neighborhood is very run down with people wandering about late into the night. On Dix Highway 3 blocks down, homeless and some prostitutes were about and the police stopped a homeless guy on his bicycle next to our vrbo. It ruined our Christmas Eve and day because of the late fireworks and dogs barking. The house is really charming but at the price and location and surroundings we were really disappointed. It’s also 9 min drive from the Fort Worth beach. We were under the impression the beach was closer. Not recommended for young kids to ride bikes to the beach since you have to cross some busy streets and a huge draw bridge.
As property owner of this home, I had a sinking feeling our guests would not be pleased under any circumstances from the moment they arrived. So as to be as concise (and truthful) as possible, a few comments:
1. Mice droppings: our pest control service determined they are from the tiny lizards that can occasionally find their way into your home. The 1925 cottage is treated monthly.
2. The property information clearly states it is a 2 bedroom home, we had no intentions of punishing our guests son by forcing him to sleep on the couch :)
3. Neighbors: we have them & the cottages are close together, privacy & noise can sometimes be challenging. We know almost all of our neighbors on our block personally. The neighbor described does have 2 dogs and a miniature pig, she's adorable! I have never heard them out at night barking or snorting :) Yes, the neighbor arrived home late, yes they were let out, and yes they were promptly put back inside after my guests screamed at them, and apologized to me.
4. Christmas fireworks: - it was unfortunate but beyond our control. One of our neighbors called the Sherrifs Department. Crisis averted!
5. The house next door (on the other side) IS occupied by two professionals and several of its windows are boarded up. Michael and Macey are terrific.
6. Regarding the safety of our area, Lake Worth is a city, and like any city incidents happen in the best of neighborhoods.
7. The stunning Lake Worth Beach IS in fact a 5 minute car ride. The bike ride is 10 minutes and really glorious if you bike over the LW bridge and
intracoastal. Yes, always bike with caution, at any age.
8. Price: at less than $150 per night, the cottage is a great value for two couples, two singles, or a small family. While I made every effort to make our guests happy, the majority of their concerns were well out my control, overly dramatized and/or based on incorrect assumptions. I hope any future guests will read all of our reviews before booking and by all means reach out to me with any questions you may have. Thank you!
The owners are amazing! They answered our questions ASAP and gave us many suggestions on where to eat and what to do. The house is adorable and very comfortable for 2 couples. Everything is clean and comfortable. Lake Worth is a beautiful town which is a short ride or little longer walk from the house. We went to the Lake Worth Beach ( 5 minute car ride if that!) and it is beautiful! Our son loves to fish and the Lake Worth dock did not disappoint. Don’t miss eating at Bennys right next to the beach!
Paradise in Lake Worth
You will love it here. Owners are very responsive, and this home is so well appointed. Comfortable beds, private back yard with grill and bikes to ride and check out Lake Worth. We loved the fact that the kitchen is well equiped with fun and very functional gadgets. But what we love most is the location of the property. - How nice is it to be able to walk six blocks to downtown restaurants and attractions and then walk back "home"!
We loved it. So warm and comfortable.
The house was a home. The owners thought of everything too make the guests comfortable. We loved the decor and their recent remodel which retained a lot of the early 20th century period.