About the property
- Condo925 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
Sparkling Pool, Evening Walks Under the Stars, Afternoon Showers!
Experience desert living within prestigious Starr Pass. 1st Floor Unit. No Stairs. Steps from Pool, Gym and Tennis. Sleeps 4. Nature trails, Downtown, U of A, JW Marriott, Desert Museum. Casa Serenita is our serene home away from home. Clean, comfortable and well equipped, we welcome you to experience desert living in the Tucson Mountains.
Located within the prestigious Starr Pass Community and near the JW Marriott Resort, Casa Serenita is surrounded by gorgeous desert nature trails, a world class Arnold Palmer golf course and an abundance of wildlife. It's not uncommon to see javalinas, coyotes and quail meander through the grounds as you relax on the patio!
Casa Serenita is located on the first floor, so there are no stairs to climb. It's perfect for guests who want easy access to parking and it's just a few steps from a sparkling pool, tennis courts and clean gym.
Conveniently located just minutes from restaurants, shopping, Downtown, the University of Arizona, UMC, and 20 minutes away from the Tucson International Airport.
For a truly magical morning hike nearby, head up to the Lorraine Lee nature trail at the mouth of the JW Marriott Resort, where we've spotted deer, javalinas and bobcats. In the evening, unwind with cocktails, music and breathtaking panoramic desert and city light views on the patio of the JW Marriott.
Our 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo is comfortably furnished. The master has a king sized iron canopy bed. The second room is furnished with a double bed. There are HD flat screen televisions in the living room and in both bedrooms. Table and chairs on the patio. Casa Serenita has all the amenities to comfortably accommodate up to 4 guests.
Dishes, Linens, Cable, all Utilities and a Full Size Washer and Dryer, and Hi Speed Wireless Internet for our Guests. Hablamos Español, Farsi and French.
Check out our other home in Starr Pass #759617.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 21, 2018
About Thelma Gutierrez
I am a graduate of the University of Arizona and currently write and produce documentaries.
Thelma Gutierrez purchased this Condo in 2014
Why Thelma Gutierrez chose Starr Pass
There truly is nothing better than Starr Pass. It's 10 minutes to the freeway, downtown and the UofA, yet nestled in the lush Sonoran Desert that I will always cherish and call home.
What makes this Condo unique
Our home has no stairs, it's steps from parking, the heated pool and gym, and it's conveniently located to hiking trails and the JW Marriott. It's quiet and if you're visiting Tucson to experience the desert, Starr Pass is the perfect community.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Well maintained first floor condo just steps to the pool
This is a very nice condo on the first floor-parking right in front and just steps to the pool. The area is quiet and the beds were comfortable. The front door lock was a little tricky at first but once we got the hang of it it was not an issue. The owner was responsive to any questions and we were able to access the condo a little early, which was appreciated. We did not cook there, but the kitchen seems well appointed and we did make use of the tea that was there, which I enjoyed. It's a short drive to I-10 and markets and fast food options.
I would stay there again next time I am in Tucson.
Nice place in a good area
Nice clean home in a good area. Thelma was very quick to answer any questions we had. The home was well stocked with everything we needed. Would recommend this home to anyone.
Thank you for choosing us Ron! We’re so glad you enjoyed your time in the desert. You were such a thoughtful guest. We hope you come back! Thelma
Homey and comfort stay!
We had a fabulous stay in Casa Serenita! The condo is very homey, clean and comfortable with plenty of room. Just about anything you might need for cooking is provided. Plenty of towels. Beds are very comfortable. The area is beautiful with lots of exciting activities to do close by. Sitting by the pool and hot tub is definitely a bonus along with seeing so many hummingbirds, hawks and owls! The beautiful plants blooming is very eye catching. The owner Thelma is fantastic to work with and is very helpful in all aspects of whatever you might need.
With so much to choose from, we are sincerely grateful that you chose us! You were wonderful guests and I’m thrilled that you considered our Casita your home away from home.
Need to make sure there is enough TP. Other than that. Wry nicr
Very enjoyable stay. Accommodations were very clean, comfortable, and convenient. Thelma is the sweetest and most accommodating host I have had the pleasure to deal with. She will go out of her way to make sure that you have whatever you need to ensure that your stay is a memorable one. I highly recommend Thelma and her property.
We’re so thrilled to know that you enjoyed our home! You were such wonderful and considerate guests, truly an owner’s dream :) We look forward to your return!
Just as stated.
We had no problem locating the condo and the lock box made getting in a breeze. There was an ample supply of linens and we appreciated the condiments supplied in the kitchen since we did some eating in. The pool was right next to the condo which was nice. We knew we wouldn't be within walking distance to anything, but even that was anticipated. Everything we did was easy access to the roads/highways. We especially enjoyed the outdoor table so we could relax and visit with the dog walkers, bike riders and returning workers. The javelinas were a surprise, but neighbors let us know they were regulars to the complex. We had one issue with the Wifi and as soon as I emailed Thelma, she called me! We would definitely make a return visit.
Thank you for staying with us Sandi! We’re so glad that you met our four legged, snouted friends, the Collered Peccaries! They’re fun to look at from afar :) You were wonderful guests and we hope you’ll come again!
Thelma and Bahram
Tucson is a hidden gem for tourism in the southwest. It's 45 minutes from the US Mexico Border, 1 hour to the snow and near countless landmarks of the old west: Tombstone, Benson and Bisbee. Also try wine tasting around the town of Sonoita. For the latest happenings during your stay, go to: Tucson Happenings.com. It has a calendar for events and live music!
Here's my top ten list of must sees:
1. Lorraine Lee Nature Trail. Breathtaking desert vistas! It's within Starr Pass and an easy way to experience the desert up close.
2. Best Scenic Place to have a drink and enjoy panoramic views in the evening - The patio of the JW Marriott. Live music & tequila tastings!
3. Most Romantic Dining Room: The main restaurant at Hacienda del Sol on Tucson's northeast side. Think Mexican hacienda, candlelight and city light views.
4. Sonoran Desert Museum. If you appreciate the desert, no where in the world will you experience such a magical, world class museum where the flora and fauna are in a natural setting.
5. Saguaro National Monument West. A short drive from the desert museum takes you through one of the most beautiful scenic drives in the southwest. Take a picnic, find your happy place where you can walk an arroyo, a trail and zen out, There are rock paintings by the ancient Hohokam people.
6. Tubac, Az. It's south, about 40 minutes on the I-19. Wonderful way to spend the day checking out local art galleries and shops. One of a kind southwestern art. THEN my favorite place for lunch, Elvira's Mexican Food. Great ambiance - for dinner and drinks nothing there can beat the Tubac Country Club. A former hacienda where the dining room is elegant, yet unpretentious.
7. Sabino Canyon. Hike or take a tram up into the canyon where you can experience waterfalls in the desert! A great place to spend the day. You'll need sunscreen, a hat, swimsuit, snacks and WATER.
8. Mount Lemon. If you need to escape the heat in the summer, or want to play in the snow in the winter, this one hour drive up into the Catalina Mountains is beautiful! When you get to the town of Winterhaven, eat at The Sawmill Run. A great spot to have spicy turkey chili, rhubarb pie and comfort food.
9. Kartchner Caverns. It's about an hour away but a real treat! You take a tram to the caves and go on a fantastic guided tour. You must make reservations. It's a popular destination.
10. 4th Avenue. A great place to walk. Eclectic bars and restaurants, Vegan, Mexican, Italian, and cute shops. Near the U of A.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
$100 nonrefundable cleaning deposit. $200 refundable security deposit. Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.