Vancouver's Best-Kept Secret! Penthouse Loft-Panoramic Views of Mountains & City(29 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Stylish Roof Deck Loft, 1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4, Mountain/City Views
• Penthouse loft with roof deck and panoramic views of mountains & cityscape of downtown Vancouver (sleeps 4)
• 1 bedroom with queen bed & new pillow-top mattress (upstairs mezzanine open-concept loft bedroom)
• Large living room with 20 ft ceiling & high windows, sofa-bed (double) & gas fireplace!
• Fully equipped kitchen, 1 full bathroom with tub/shower, in-suite washer & dryer
• Includes wifi internet, flat screen TV with Netflix/Youtube, electricity, heat, hot water, gas fire, air conditioner, multi-speed ceiling fan, secure bicycle locker, free unlimited street parking (extras with advance special arrangements: pets, home-cooked meals, personal shopping)
The full description that will make you want to stay here:
Recently renovated penthouse loft with a huge outdoor patio boasting panoramic views of the mountains & City of Vancouver. Take the elevator to the top floor roof deck to enter your home away from home. Enter the open-plan suite with 15-20 foot ceilings and high reaching windows on the north and south sides allowing an abundance of natural light to flow throughout. Floating above the living room & kitchen is the open concept mezzanine loft bedroom with queen sized bed & brand new hotel quality pillow-top queen mattress that sleeps 2 people. The living room has hardwood floors, cozy area rugs & a slate accented gas fireplace, stylishly furnished with mid-century modern and contemporary furniture including a comfortable Eames chair & ottoman plus a Bauhaus style sofa bed that folds down to sleep 2 extra people (double size). A desk with comfy swivel chair, desk lamp & powerbar provide you an office space and charging station for your lap top, cell phone and electronics.
In the kitchen: granite counters, glass mosaic tiles, slate floors with black appliances including ice dispensing fridge, stove/oven, microwave, coffee-maker, toaster, blender, slow cooker, crock pot, popcorn maker, a dishwasher & granite top prep island. Relish the northern mountain view from the dining table that seats 4 people. Our modern kitchen is stocked with all your cooking essentials (A Vitamix blender is available for rent if you can’t live without one – your host happens to be a Vitamix Sales Rep). In-suite washer & dryer, white subway tile bathtub/shower with granite counter & slate floors in the bathroom.
Enjoy the massive roof top terrace just outside your front door with your own private patio furniture (seats 8 people) for outdoor dining, suntan in our reclining lounge chairs or make friends with our lovely neighbours at the communal picnic tables at the other end of the roof deck, get your grill on with 2 gas BBQs but most of all… fall in love with our stunning view of snow-capped mountains & the metropolis of the city just minutes away, watch the crimson sunset or sunrise on our beautiful city.
Located in the False Creek Flats, you are within walking distance of: our rapid transit system - Main Street-Science World Skytrain Station (3 blocks away), Olympic Village Square (4 blocks away, complete with waterfront promenade, public plaza, grocery supermarket, restaurants, brew pub/tap room, bakery & coffee shop, pet store, walk-in clinic, dry cleaning, bank, food trucks & boat rentals), hipster Mount Pleasant, bohemian Strathcona, colourful Chinatown, trendy Yaletown, SoMa Art District, Fairview Heights & a short taxi-ride or 30 minute walk into Downtown Vancouver’s vibrant shopping & financial district. Take the colourful and cute Aquabus up and down False Creek and watch the kayaks and dragon boats, or enjoy a 30min walk along Vancouver’s famous picturesque seawall that will take you to Granville Island Public Markets where you can shop for fresh local food & unique artisan crafts, then gawk at yachts, boathouses and Emily Carr art students on campus. Or take bicycles further along the relaxed seawall route to the beaches of Kitsilano, English Bay or Stanley Park, voted the #1 Urban Park in the world. Our penthouse is located ideally for a walking or biking tour of many local breweries & restaurants plus hundreds of tourist attractions. Adults and children can be entertained rain or shine, being closely situated to major venues for sporting events, trade shows and concerts at Canada Place Conference Center, BC Place Stadium or Rogers Arena, Science World & i-max theatre, the Vancouver Aquarium, golf courses, Stanley Park, pitch & putt, Queen Elizabeth Park’s frisbee golf, tennis courts, floral tropical conservatory & botanical gardens, Capilano fish hatchery & suspension bridge, world class ski, snowboard & cross country mountains such as Grouse, Cypress, Seymour & Whistler Blackcomb.
Free street parking or a secure underground parking spot is available for an additional cost. Book for a week and get underground parking for free. We have a couple of extra bikes for rent as well if you want to take a culinary or craft beer tour of our diverse city.
Getting here from the airport, a taxi door to door in 21 minutes or take public transport via skytrain to Olympic Village Station & a short bus-ride all within 35 minutes.
If you are an artist, business person or vendor, the building has a gallery space/amenities room with washroom that can be rented depending on availability. It is ideal for an art exhibit, pop-up shop or sample sale, business meetings or presentation pitches (2 long tables and a dozen chairs provided). A separate refundable damage deposit and daily rental rate is applicable for use of this gallery space. Bookings must be made well in advance.
Notes & Policies:
• The communal side of the roof deck is also getting new benches, picnic tables & covered gazebos for shade over the BBQs so some of the roof deck photos will be updated soon, your personal patio space in front of the suite is still the same.
• This is strictly a non-smoking suite. You're most welcome to smoke outside on the roof deck with the door to the suite closed. Please be respectful of other neighbours who may have their doors open. Smoking inside the suite may result in loss of your damage deposit.
• Children are welcome. Some games are provided.
• Small house-trained pets are considered with a nominal fee. ($10/day for small non-shedding dogs, $15/day for all other dogs)
• We appreciate you kindly advise who will be staying with you, maximum 4 overnight guests. No unregistered overnight guests however a small quiet gathering to entertain some friends for a few hours is welcome (ie. a roof deck BBQ or cocktail party for 8 people max), after all our panoramic mountain & city views are something to brag about.
• Check-in from 4pm-7pm, Check-out by 11am promptly. Arrivals or departures outside of these times require advanced special arrangements, subject to availability and are subject to an additional charge if really late. Having said that we are flexible, kindly discuss with me in advance.
• Additional housekeeping services can be arranged for an extra cost.
• The street accessed lobby, elevator, roof deck patio and main floor of the suite (kitchen/dining room and living room with sofa-bed) are wheelchair accessible; however, the main bedroom with queen bed is only accessible by stairs and the bathroom is not ideal for wheelchairs. There is a handrail only on one side of the stairs to mezzanine; the other side is open therefore young children must be supervised at all times.
Member since: 2014
- 800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
The stairs to upper bedroom in mezzanine loft has a hand rail on one side but no rail on the other side therefore crawling babies & toddlers are not well suited for this suite as a baby gate is not effective in this situation. Please contact owner for better photos or more details....moreless
Non Smoking Only:
You're most welcome to smoke outside on the roof deck with the door to the suite closed. Please be respectful of other neighbours who may have their doors open. Smoking inside the suite may result in loss of your damage deposit....moreless
- Pets Considered:
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Full bathroom with tub & shower, white subway tiles, slate & granite
- If you want a home-cooked meal delivered to your door, your host can arrange anything from simple breakfasts, packed lunches or 3 course dinners with 2-3 days advanced notice. Please request menus, prices will vary on seasonal availability. Our modern kitchen is stocked with all your cooking essentials (A Vitamix blender is available for rent if you can’t live without one – your host happens to be a Vitamix Sales Rep). We have a couple of extra bikes for rent as well if you want to take a culinary or craft beer tour of our diverse city. ...moreless
- Music Library
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
the penthouse loft opens its front door to the roof deck with panoramic views of the mountains and the downtown city of Vancouver, 5 min walk to nearest rapid transit Main St Skytrain Station...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
Kitchen island for prep, granite counters, slate floors, glass mosaic tiles, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, black appliances including: ice-dispensing refridgerator, stovetop & oven, dish washer...moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill
- Ski & Snowboard:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $14.99
- refundableDamageDeposit $374.85
- Cleaning fee $71.22
- Taxes Not included
This is strictly a non-smoking suite. You're most welcome to smoke outside on the roof deck with the door to the suite closed. Please be respectful of other neighbours who may have their doors open. Smoking inside the suite may result in loss of your damage deposit. We reserve the right to ask you to leave without refund should we get any major complaints from neighbors regarding your stay.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Distance from the penthouse loft to Vancouver’s famous attractions:
Pacific Centre Shopping Mall, Robson Street high street fashion & boutique shops & Granville Street theatres & clubs, Vancouver Art Gallery, historic cobblestoned Gastown: 3 km (1.8 miles)
Granville Island Public Market, Emily Carr University of Art & Design: 4 km (2.5 miles)
Kitsilano Beach & Outdoor Swimming Pool, English Bay Beach: 5 km (3.1 miles)
Stanley Park (#1 urban park in the world): 6 km (3.7 miles)
Jericho Beach, Spanish Banks, Wreck Beach, Museum of Anthropology, UBC: 7-13 km (4-8 miles)
Capilano Suspension Bridge: 11 km (6.8 miles)
Vancouver International Airport YVR: 13 km (8 miles)
Grouse Mountain, Cypress Mountain, Mount Seymour: 15-20 km (9–12 miles)
Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal to Vancouver Island, Sunshine Coast & Bowen Island: 24 km (15 miles)
Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal to Victoria, Vancouver Island: 34 km (21 miles)
Whistler Blackcomb Mountain: 123 km (76 miles)
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: Your accommodating hosts are adventurous world travelers, active in recreational sports, hiking, camping, cycling & yoga, a couple of “foodies” and knowledgeable about the craft beer scene in Vancouver, so suggestions of where to go, what to do, see, eat & drink are abundant with our informative welcome book, chalked full of maps & pamphlets for local attractions. If you want a home-cooked meal delivered to your door, your host can arrange anything from simple breakfasts, packed lunches or 3 course dinners with 2-3 days advanced notice. Please request menus, prices will vary on seasonal availability. Jenn & David live in the same building so if you need any assistance, they are close by to offer any help or suggestions to make your Vancouver vacation an awesome experience.
Why the Owner Chose Strathcona, Vancouver, BC, Canada:
My husband has owned in this amazing building for a dozen years now & he didn't want to leave. I wanted my own place close by and voila the chance came for me to buy my own. Situated so central to every cool part of the city, you are within a few minutes walk of everything you could possibly need. The space has impressive high ceilings and the most spectacular views of the mountains & city.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
When people visit for the first time they walk out of the elevator onto the roof and say, 'Wow! I didn't know places like this exist in Vancouver.' This property has the best roof deck patio with panoramic views of the mountains & downtown Vancouver. Imagine watching the incredible sunsets over the urban skyline and the sunrise over the mountains... well you can do that everyday from the comfort of your own patio furniture right outside your front door. Originally an artist live/work studio, the suite was recently renovated into a stylish open concept loft with 20 foot ceilings, high reaching windows and a bedroom mezzanine above. The furniture is a chic mix of mid-century & modern. Great for a photo shoot or romantic getaway.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of the Living Room with 20 foot ceiling from the bedroom mezzanine above.
Living Room with Gas Fireplace, Barcelona chair & ottoman, TV with Netflix, etc
Open-plan mezzanine above with closet, Queen Bed & brand new pillow-top mattress
Kitchen with island & dining table that seats 4+ people. See list of appliances!
Northern view of the mountains as seen from inside the loft. Your own patio area
City/mountain view from your own private patio furniture right outside your door
sunset from the roof, right outside your front door
Just 3 blocks away you can walk to the water & see Dragon Boats & Science World
Granville Island houseboats, 2 miles away, 35 min walk
Kits Beach, Kitsilano is 3 miles away, view of downtown & Stanley Park behind
Stanley Park (#1 Urban Park in the world) & Coal Harbour, only 3.7 miles away
Take the Aquabuses to any of 7 stops in False Creek http://theaquabus.com/
View of Living Room with Gas Fireplace, flatscreen TV & 20 foot ceiling.
View from living room of fireplace, desk & open plan bedroom mezzanine above
Kitchen: Dining table, granite top island, dishwasher & essential appliances
Sunrise from your own private patio furniture right outside your door
Just 3 blocks away you can walk to the water and see BC Place Stadium
3 blocks away, walk to the water in Olympic Village, see BC Place, Science World
Granville Island Market for produce, gourmet & crafts, 2 miles away, 35 min walk
Kits Pool, Kitsilano is 3 miles away, saltwater outdoor pool
Vancouver, one of the most beautiful cities in the world
Grouse Mountain for summer skyride or winter snow sports, only 9.3 miles away
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Friday, January 20, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.