Beauty, Comfort & Location (Downtown), Location (Whitman), Location (Parks)!(15 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Luxurious, charming, art-filled 2 BR, 1 BA, Adjacent to Park, Walk Downtown.
Starting with this question, we determined that for us it comes down to five words: Beauty. Comfort. And Location, Location, Location.
Location: One of the most walkable and lovely neighborhoods in Walla Walla, we are adjacent to Wildwood Park (the unofficial dog park) and four blocks and five blocks from Pioneer Park and Whitman College respectively. A casual stroll to downtown takes a little under 20 minutes. In spite of the central location, the house is very serene, something we always marvel at when we are in our Walla Walla getaway!
Beauty: Why stay at a vacation rental if it’s not at least as nice as your place? We can’t say you will prefer it to your own nest, but it’s been decorated to provide an artful view. The feeling is comfortable, without being too casual; touches of elegance abound but nothing is stuffy. And the eye-candy? Whether it’s the beauty of the art on the walls, the whimsy of some of the décor or simply the visually soothing colors, everywhere your eyes land will bring a smile to your face. That’s what we are shooting for.
Comfort: Into each life luxe touches must fall! We want you to be a little spoiled at My Walla Walla Getaway, including some of the pleasures of finer living: Egyptian and Supima high thread-count cotton sheets; a choice of soft to firm pillows on your bed; great shower pressure and a thirsty robe waiting for you afterward.
PLEASE NOTE: SPECIAL EVENT PRICING APPLIES IN SOME SITUATIONS. SEE "NOTES" ON RATES PAGE FOR DETAIL.
Amenities by Room (House has central A/C and heat.)
• Wood-burning fireplace, Queen size sofa bed, comfortable seating for six, original art, 55” HDTV with cable, DVD movies, music CDs and Bluetooth/USB port compatible sound bar for playing music from your device, landline phone, board games, library and a small gallery area to purchase gift items.
• Dining table seats six without leaves, eight with leaves; extra chairs available. Beautiful, new dinnerware and flatware. Schott Zwiesel Tritan Diva wine glasses.
• New stainless steel appliances; Gas stove.
• Fully stocked with cookware, essential small appliances (coffee maker and coffee grinder, blender, taster, microwave, rice steamer/slow cooker, hand mixer), utensils and serving dishes for eight.
• Assortment of basic cooking ingredients and condiments including flour, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cream substitute, ketchup, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise. And enough coffee beans and oatmeal for a couple of mornings.
• Lovingly and beautifully furnished, each inspired by our great love for animals! Each room is equipped with:
o New high end mattresses and box-springs
o Highest quality Supima or Egyptian cotton sheets and Cuddledown comforters
o Four high-end feather-down pillows ranging from soft to firm (synthetic poly pillows also available)
o Two robes
o Plenty of storage for clothing
o Luggage rack
o Ceiling fan (upstairs)
o One bedroom has a small writing desk (taken from an early 20th Century cruise ship!)
Downstairs suite features:
- Second bathroom
• Mishka & Frodo’s Room (the Dog room) is the slightly more masculine of the two rooms, with dark chocolate espresso wood furniture. The walls are a soothing pale sage green which complements the lovely Pottery Barn bedding perfectly. Byron Birdsall’s iconic Northwest landscapes adorn the walls, along with some reminders that this room is aptly called “the dog lover’s room.”
• Minnie’s Room (the Cat room) is very Minnie-licious and a little more feminine feeling (fe-line!) Rich pecan wood furniture surround a plush bed dressed in Ralph Lauren. Gorgeous watercolors surround you, including cat prints by the talented Rachel Parker. A collection of cat books and a writing desk.
• Original Art Deco tile, hardware and toilet/bath are in excellent vintage condition.
• Great water pressure.
• African “Black Soap” -- a delightful product that can be used as body wash, shampoo and shaving cream, so you can travel with less products. Very low suds, but leaves you squeaky clean.
• Lovely Wildwood Park is our 'side yard'!
• Covered tile patio with four sturdy, comfortable wrought iron chairs and a coffee table.
• High efficiency washer and dryer
• Laundry detergent available
• Private long driveway
NEW features available as of June 2015:
• Outdoor grill
• Picnic basket and supplies
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2014
- 2000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Considered:
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- Each bedroom is furnished with a bed, a dresser, nightstands, reading lamps, ceiling fan (upstairs bedrooms; in addition to the Central A/C), bedside clock with USB port for your smart phone/etc and a luggage rack. Two bathrobes are provided in each bedroom for your use. Back bedroom has a small writing desk. Combination crib/playpen is available. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Lawn / Garden
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 7 - Mar 23, 2017
2 night min stay
Mar 24 - May 17, 2017
2 night min stay
May 18 - May 22, 2017
3 night min stay
Summer Season '17
Jul 4 - Aug 31, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Housecleaning fee $90 + tax
- Pet Fee $25
- Tax Rate 10.9%
EVENT RATES 2016
$400/nightly-3 night Min - Wine Releases, Festival Weekends, Whitman Reunion Weekends & College Graduation weekends
FOR STAYS LONGER THAN 6 NIGHTS, PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT LONGER-TERM RATES.
50% of rental fee upon reserving; remaining 50% due 30 days prior to stay along with deposit.
Security deposit returned within 7 days.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: I fell in love with Walla Walla while living here following my graduation from Whitman College. I was an 'older student' and moved here with my 12 year old son. It proved to be an idyllic setting for us. If Norman Rockwell had drawn a portrait of a young single mother/student with her boy, we might have been it! I worked, while a student, as a bilingual interpreter for a family planning clinic and also Child Protective Services. After graduating, I became the Teen Outreach Educator for Planned Parenthood and continued working for CPS, as a social worker. I loved my jobs and co-workers! I also volunteered for the City of Walla Walla on a Hispanic Advisory Committee and for the United Way. There was much good work to be done in Walla Walla and I loved this little town...BUT, it was tough to be single here and so I said to myself: get thee to a big city! But I never forgot the good feelings engendered by this “land of many waters” and so when I had the opportunity to do so, I purchased this property. I dreamed of having it be my vacation home, but the timing was wrong then and so it became a month to month rental. Now, after seven years, my dream has come into fruition and me and my family have a lovely place to land for weekend getaways. AND I get to share the place with you and do my best as the owner/property manager to give you the best experience you've had in a vacation rental. I truly intend to master the ART of Vacation Rentals!
Why the Owner Chose Walla Walla, WA, USA:
Location. Location. Location. Our home is directly adjacent to a park, a few blocks from the wonderful,larger Pioneer Park (which was designed by the same architect as Central Park in NYC), mere blocks from Whitman, and a nice stroll into downtown. Moreover, it's simply a great well-built home. It was built by Henry Gross, who built many houses in the area during this time (1940), and this is the house that he built for himself. Not surprisingly, it has a lot of special touches and loads of character. And then there is also something less definable but the house, but everyone who is inside of it comments about it: it just has good jou-jou!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
It's both centrally located and a serene getaway- this is something I am struck by every time I visit. And I love our art deco bathroom that has all its original fixtures! Having been spoiled by some very good vacation rental places as a traveler, I can no longer tolerate a generic or boring setting when I travel. What I've sought to create is an environment that stirs the heart and spirit and makes you feel good just to hang out in your Walla Walla Getaway.
- Primary: 206-295-9572
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to My Walla Walla Getaway!
Front bedroom inspired by our spirited and nature loving dogs!
Luxe bedding, plush Queen mattress, and original art- of course!
Photos of 1940 Divas and premium fluffy towels and robes for you.
Kitchen's fully equipped for whipping up anything from coffee to gourmet meals.
Back yard: enclosed for your pet children's safety and lovely spot o' green.
Park your car in the driveway and walk tree-lined street into downtown.
Soothing colors and ultra comfortable seating for six.
Painting by Walla Walla artist Aaron Burgess.
Back bedroom inspired by our kitty, Minnie- who is strong, feminine and divine!
Charming Art Deco bathroom.
Breakfast nook for two.
Covered patio- for heading toward the shade with cool friends & cold drinks.
Our side yard: Wildwood Park.
Look forward to hearing from you.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.