What is the ART of vacation rental?
Starting with this question, we determined that for us it comes down to five words: Beauty. Comfort. And Location, Location, Location.
Location: One of the most walkable and lovely neighborhoods in Walla Walla, we are adjacent to Wildwood Park (the unofficial dog park) and four blocks and five blocks from Pioneer Park and Whitman College respectively. A casual stroll to downtown takes a little under 20 minutes. In spite of the central location, the house is very serene, something we always marvel at when we are in our Walla Walla getaway!
Beauty: Why stay at a vacation rental if it’s not at least as nice as your place? We can’t say you will prefer it to your own nest, but it’s been decorated to provide an artful view. The feeling is comfortable, without being too casual; touches of elegance abound but nothing is stuffy. And the eye-candy? Whether it’s the beauty of the art on the walls, the whimsy of some of the décor or simply the visually soothing colors, everywhere your eyes land will bring a smile to your face. That’s what we are shooting for.
Comfort: Into each life luxe touches must fall! We want you to be a little spoiled at My Walla Walla Getaway, including some of the pleasures of finer living: Egyptian and Supima high thread-count cotton sheets; a choice of soft to firm pillows on your bed; great shower pressure and a thirsty robe waiting for you afterward.
PLEASE NOTE: SPECIAL EVENT PRICING APPLIES IN SOME SITUATIONS. SEE "NOTES" ON RATES PAGE FOR DETAIL.
Amenities by Room (House has central A/C and heat.)
• Wood-burning fireplace, Queen size sofa bed, comfortable seating for six, original art, 55” HDTV, DVD player and Bluetooth/USB port compatible sound bar for playing music from your device, board games and plenty of books.
• Dining table seats six without leaves, eight with leaves; extra chairs available. Beautiful, new dinnerware and flatware. Schott Zwiesel Tritan Diva wine glasses.
• New stainless steel appliances; Gas stove.
• Fully stocked with cookware, essential small appliances (coffee maker and coffee grinder, blender, taster, microwave, rice steamer/slow cooker, hand mixer), utensils and serving dishes for eight.
• Assortment of basic cooking ingredients and condiments including flour, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cream substitute, ketchup, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise. And enough coffee beans and oatmeal for a couple of mornings.
• Lovingly and beautifully furnished, each inspired by our great love for animals! Each room is equipped with:
o New high end mattresses and box-springs
o Highest quality Supima or Egyptian cotton sheets and Cuddledown comforters
o Four high-end feather-down pillows ranging from soft to firm (synthetic poly pillows also available)
o Two robes
o Plenty of storage for clothing
o Luggage rack
o Ceiling fan (upstairs)
o One bedroom has a small writing desk (taken from an early 20th Century cruise ship!)
Downstairs suite features:
- Second bathroom
• Mishka & Frodo’s Room (the Dog room) is the slightly more masculine of the two rooms, with dark chocolate espresso wood furniture. The walls are a soothing pale sage green which complements the lovely Pottery Barn bedding perfectly. Byron Birdsall’s iconic Northwest landscapes adorn the walls, along with some reminders that this room is aptly called “the dog lover’s room.”
• Minnie’s Room (the Cat room) is very Minnie-licious and a little more feminine feeling (fe-line!) Rich pecan wood furniture surround a plush bed dressed in Ralph Lauren. Gorgeous watercolors surround you, including cat prints by the talented Rachel Parker. A collection of cat books and a writing desk.
• Original Art Deco tile, hardware and toilet/bath are in excellent vintage condition.
• Great water pressure.
• African “Black Soap” -- a delightful product that can be used as body wash, shampoo and shaving cream, so you can travel with less products. Very low suds, but leaves you squeaky clean.
• Lovely Wildwood Park is our 'side yard'!
• Covered tile patio with four sturdy, comfortable wrought iron chairs and a coffee table.
• Outdoor grill
• Picnic basket w/supplies
• High efficiency washer and dryer
• Laundry detergent available
• Private long driveway