About the property
- House1800 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
Luxurious, charming, art-filled 2 BR, 1 BA, Adjacent to Park, Walk Downtown.
What is the ART of vacation rental?
Starting with this question, we determined that for us it comes down to five words: Beauty. Comfort. And Location, Location, Location.
Location: One of the most walkable and lovely neighborhoods in Walla Walla, we are adjacent to Wildwood Park (the unofficial dog park) and four blocks and five blocks from Pioneer Park and Whitman College respectively. A casual stroll to downtown takes a little under 20 minutes. In spite of the central location, the house is very serene, something we always marvel at when we are in our Walla Walla getaway!
Beauty: Why stay at a vacation rental if it’s not at least as nice as your place? We can’t say you will prefer it to your own nest, but it’s been decorated to provide an artful view. The feeling is comfortable, without being too casual; touches of elegance abound but nothing is stuffy. And the eye-candy? Whether it’s the beauty of the art on the walls, the whimsy of some of the décor or simply the visually soothing colors, everywhere your eyes land will bring a smile to your face. That’s what we are shooting for.
Comfort: Into each life luxe touches must fall! We want you to be a little spoiled at My Walla Walla Getaway, including some of the pleasures of finer living: Egyptian and Supima high thread-count cotton sheets; a choice of soft to firm pillows on your bed; great shower pressure and a thirsty robe waiting for you afterward.
PLEASE NOTE: SPECIAL EVENT PRICING APPLIES IN SOME SITUATIONS. SEE "NOTES" ON RATES PAGE FOR DETAIL.
Amenities by Room (House has central A/C and heat.)
• Wood-burning fireplace, Queen size sofa bed, comfortable seating for six, original art, 55” HDTV, DVD player and Bluetooth/USB port compatible sound bar for playing music from your device, board games and plenty of books.
• Dining table seats six without leaves, eight with leaves; extra chairs available. Beautiful, new dinnerware and flatware. Schott Zwiesel Tritan Diva wine glasses.
• New stainless steel appliances; Gas stove.
• Fully stocked with cookware, essential small appliances (coffee maker and coffee grinder, blender, taster, microwave, rice steamer/slow cooker, hand mixer), utensils and serving dishes for eight.
• Assortment of basic cooking ingredients and condiments including flour, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cream substitute, ketchup, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise. And enough coffee beans and oatmeal for a couple of mornings.
• Lovingly and beautifully furnished, each inspired by our great love for animals! Each room is equipped with:
o New high end mattresses and box-springs
o Highest quality Supima or Egyptian cotton sheets and Cuddledown comforters
o Four high-end feather-down pillows ranging from soft to firm (synthetic poly pillows also available)
o Two robes
o Plenty of storage for clothing
o Luggage rack
o Ceiling fan (upstairs)
o One bedroom has a small writing desk (taken from an early 20th Century cruise ship!)
Downstairs suite features:
- Second bathroom
• Mishka & Frodo’s Room (the Dog room) is the slightly more masculine of the two rooms, with dark chocolate espresso wood furniture. The walls are a soothing pale sage green which complements the lovely Pottery Barn bedding perfectly. Byron Birdsall’s iconic Northwest landscapes adorn the walls, along with some reminders that this room is aptly called “the dog lover’s room.”
• Minnie’s Room (the Cat room) is very Minnie-licious and a little more feminine feeling (fe-line!) Rich pecan wood furniture surround a plush bed dressed in Ralph Lauren. Gorgeous watercolors surround you, including cat prints by the talented Rachel Parker. A collection of cat books and a writing desk.
• Original Art Deco tile, hardware and toilet/bath are in excellent vintage condition.
• Great water pressure.
• African “Black Soap” -- a delightful product that can be used as body wash, shampoo and shaving cream, so you can travel with less products. Very low suds, but leaves you squeaky clean.
• Lovely Wildwood Park is our 'side yard'!
• Covered tile patio with four sturdy, comfortable wrought iron chairs and a coffee table.
• Outdoor grill
• Picnic basket w/supplies
• High efficiency washer and dryer
• Laundry detergent available
• Private long driveway
Leticia Lopez (Whitman, '94)
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
About Leticia Lopez (Whitman, '94)
I fell in love with Walla Walla while living here following my graduation from Whitman College. I was an 'older student' and moved here with my 12 year old son. It proved to be an idyllic setting for us. If Norman Rockwell had drawn a portrait of a young single mother/student with her boy, we might have been it! I worked, while a student, as a bilingual interpreter for a family planning clinic and also Child Protective Services. After graduating, I became the Teen Outreach Educator for Planned Parenthood and continued working for CPS, as a social worker. I loved my jobs and co-workers! I also volunteered for the City of Walla Walla on a Hispanic Advisory Committee and for the United Way. There was much good work to be done in Walla Walla and I loved this little town...BUT, it was tough to be single here and so I said to myself: get thee to a big city! But I never forgot the good feelings engendered by this “land of many waters” and so when I had the opportunity to do so, I purchased this property. I dreamed of having it be my vacation home, but the timing was wrong then and so it became a month to month rental. Now, after seven years, my dream has come into fruition and me and my family have a lovely place to land for weekend getaways. AND I get to share the place with you and do my best as the owner/property manager to give you the best experience you've had in a vacation rental. I truly intend to master the ART of Vacation Rentals!
Leticia Lopez (Whitman, '94) purchased this House in 2007
Why Leticia Lopez (Whitman, '94) chose Walla Walla
Location. Location. Location. Our home is directly adjacent to a park, a few blocks from the wonderful,larger Pioneer Park (which was designed by the same architect as Central Park in NYC), mere blocks from Whitman, and a nice stroll into downtown. Moreover, it's simply a great well-built home. It was built by Henry Gross, who built many houses in the area during this time (1940), and this is the house that he built for himself. Not surprisingly, it has a lot of special touches and loads of character. And then there is also something less definable but the house, but everyone who is inside of it comments about it: it just has good jou-jou!
What makes this House unique
It's both centrally located and a serene getaway- this is something I am struck by every time I visit. And I love our art deco bathroom that has all its original fixtures! Having been spoiled by some very good vacation rental places as a traveler, I can no longer tolerate a generic or boring setting when I travel. What I've sought to create is an environment that stirs the heart and spirit and makes you feel good just to hang out in your Walla Walla Getaway.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Wonderful house in a great location!
Wonderful house in a great location!
Lovely home in Walls Walla
We had a great time tasting wine in Walla Walla. The house is very nice and cozy. Good central location. Well equipped and comfortable.
Excellent property for 3 couples to stay at. Perfectly located,very upscAle feel.
We stayed at the house for a bachelorette party, there were ten ladies and there was plenty of room for everyone. The beds were comfy. The bathrooms were spacious. The kitchen wasn't huge, but plenty of room to cook a dinner for ten in. We had a great stay and owner was easy to contact.
All the comforts of home in the heart of Walla Walla
This is a fantastic place to stay. We had 3 couples and 1 dog. Having a fresh bowl of water and some dog treats waiting for us was great after a long ride in from Seattle. Having 3 well appointed rooms including bathrobes made it feel like home. The kitchen had the cooking equipment we needed to make scones, eggs Benedict, coffee, tea and more. We also made good use of the grill for salmon, pork chops and steak. The fenced in yard was nice and private. The home is in a great neighborhood just a few minutes to downtown and the wineries. I will definitely be staying here on my next visit.
This house was a lovely place to stay. It is clean and well laid out. It is very well located in a quiet neighborhood, and a short walk to the Whitman College campus and the downtown. We were a party of 10 people, adults and children, and we felt it was spacious and yet cozy.
Unofficial dog park directly next door to house!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
EVENT RATES 2017 $350-$400/nightly AND a THREE NIGHT MINIMUM: Wine Releases, Festival Weekends, Whitman Reunion Weekends & College Graduation weekends; major holidays including: Easter, Memorial day, July 4, Labor Day. FOR STAYS LONGER THAN 6 NIGHTS, PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT LONGER-TERM RATES. TERMS 50% of rental fee upon reserving; remaining 50% due 30 days prior to stay along with deposit. Security deposit returned within 7 days.