Beautiful Huge Townhouse in Westmount, Walking Distance from Downtown Montreal(13 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:6 nights
- Property type:Townhome
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
3100 sq ft, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 storeys, massive rooftop terrace w BBQ!
The location is simply unbeatable: a mere 5 minute walk to the bus and metro (and Bixi bike stand) which will take you anywhere you wish to go on the island of Montreal and beyond, a 10 minute walk to the shops & restos of Westmount on Greene or Sherbrooke, and a 20 minute walk to downtown Montreal.
If doing some light mountain climbing is your thing, it's a 20 minute walk up the slopes of Westmount to Summit Circle and its fantastic views of Montreal.
Or, if chilling in comfort at home is more your speed, make yourself comfortable in the family room, the upstairs TV room, or on the rooftop terrace where in the evening the only sound you will pretty much hear is the birds serenading you. The master bedroom features an en suite bathroom and walk-in closet.
Guests have access to all the amenities within the house: unlimited Wi-Fi, landline telephone if needed, fully equipped kitchen, 55" television with a vast library of films and television shows to select from. There is washer and dryer access in the basement, and free parking in the alley beside the house.
About the neighbourhood: Westmount is a quiet, safe, tree-lined, fresh-air neighbourhood within easy access via the means of your choice - foot, bike, bus, metro - to the downtown core and beyond.
Generally speaking, I require at least a 4 week heads up in order to accommodate a rental request. Please keep this in mind if writing me on short notice - even if the dates are not blocked on my calendar, the odds are slim that I will be able to accommodate you.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING REQUIREMENTS OF PROSPECTIVE RENTERS:
The following is repeated within the "Terms" section, but I feel it is important enough to bring upfront and centre so that there are no surprises to anyone considering making a rental request.
1) The renter must be at least 35 years of age. Children and teens are fine, as long as they are accompanied by a renter aged 35+.
2) I require a $2,000 damage deposit, an amount that may be higher than most. The reason is straightforward: I live in a neighbourhood where damage repair tends to be pricey, and many of the items in my home are higher end in quality. In the unlikely event that something gets damaged or broken during your stay, it can end up costing me a lot to repair or replace it. After verifying that no damage has occurred during a stay, I return the deposit immediately. Positive reviews from guests that have stayed with me hopefully attest that I do not cause my guests any headaches or delay in this regard.
3) I require a scan or photocopy of government-issued photo ID, such as a drivers' licence, health insurance card, or passport, along with a proof of home insurance liability coverage on the part of the responsible renter (ie. the one paying for the rental). This is because VRBO's insurance only covers hosts in the USA, and my personal insurance company does not cover losses or damages incurred by short-term renters at my principal residence.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Member since: 2014
- Max. occupancy 6
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
6 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $87.82
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,463.60
- Taxes Not included
The renter must be at least 35 years of age. Children and teens are fine, as long as they are accompanied by a renter aged 35+.
At $2,000, the damage deposit to rent my place is probably higher than most. The reason is straightforward: I live in a neighbourhood where damage repair tends to be pricey, and many of the items in my home are higher end in quality. If something gets damaged or broken during your stay, it can end up costing me a lot to repair or replace it. After verifying that no damage has occurred during a stay, I return the deposit immediately. Positive reviews from guests that have stayed with me hopefully attest that I do not cause my guests any headaches or delay in this regard.
In addition to the damage deposit, I need a scan or photocopy of government-issued photo ID, such as a drivers' licence, health insurance card, or passport, along with a proof of home insurance liability coverage on the part of the renter. This is because VRBO's insurance only covers hosts in the USA, and my personal insurance company does not cover losses or damages incurred by short-term renters at my principal residence. I therefore need to rely upon the renter's insurance coverage.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: Hi, My name is Mark. I am a market research professional. I live with my girlfriend, who is a marketing professional, and her son, a 12 year old Minecraft professional. Some things about me/us.....we live in Westmount, Quebec, Canada. I am passionate about skiing, and live for the winter, which leads many people, including the aforementioned long-suffering romantic partner, to question my sanity at times (when it is -30 Celsius and I am happy, for example). Love to travel, never get a chance to do enough of it. Our style of travel: walk walk walk everywhere, meet locals, eat in local places. We hate organized touring, prefer to discover what secrets a place has to hold for myself. Whether as a guest or as your host, we are quiet, clean, and entirely respectful of others' property. We are pleased to rent our home out on an occasional, short-term basis to families or groups that are like-minded.
- Primary: +
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Kitchen with gas range
Hallway to bedrooms and rooftop level family room & terrace
Master bedroom view #2
Master bedroom's bathroom view #2
Third bathroom (powder room)
Office area, next to living room and dining room
Master bedroom view #1
Master bedroom's bathroom
Bathroom for second and third bedrooms
Family room, rooftop level
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Monday, May 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.