About the property
- Apartment1000 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay7 nights
Awesome 2bdrm, 2bath Unit With Multiple Ocean Views, Gorgeous Ocean On 3 Sides!
- Freshly renovated and decorated, 2 bdrm + 2 full baths
- gorgeous gated community with Venian-stucco'd buildings, clay-tiled roofs, manicured landscaping
- Oceanviews from the balcony in 3 directions (peninsula)
- Gorgeous Delaporte Bay Beach ... located at the end of world-famous Cable beach .... honestly, this stretch of beach is one of Bahamas best kept secrets! Its awesome, and private/quiet! Great snorkling all alround the Delaporte Point and into adjacent Delporte Bay.
- Quaint, quiet & relaxed neighbourhood setting, secure, patrolled & gated community
- Two private ocean-side pools, tanning & shaded areas .... quiet ... and no having to fight other tourists for a lounge chair!!
- Warm Bahamian breeze blowing virtually all the time
- Close to everything; Beaches, activities, restaurants/bars, groceries, banks, liquor stores, gym, medical, etc. This doesnt mean 'over commercialized' though ... the area has a great Bahamian feel to it, whilst providing access to these conveniences. Its truly a perfect combination.
- 10km from downtown Nassau, 5 minutes from the airport (but flight paths dont cross near/over the property!). You wont waste your [valuable] vacation time commuting to/from the airport!
- onsite car rental service available, local buses stop right outfront
- please email owner for detailed brochure, added picture requests, or any other needed information
- if your stay is longer (or shorter) than 7 days, rates can be negotiated.
WELCOME TO DELAPORTE POINT, NASSAU'S BEST VACATION LOCATION!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
About Tina Walsh
My wife & I are owners and users of this fantastic apartment. We work very hard at keeping it in top condition.
Tina Walsh purchased this Apartment in 2013
Why Tina Walsh chose New Providence
This property is uniquely located on a small peninsula, very likely one of the best locations in the Bahamas!
What makes this Apartment unique
This property has an unmatchable combination of; 1) setting/location; 2) quiet & relaxing area; 3) promixity to all amenities; 4) ease of access to the airport
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Spotless, beautiful condo. ALOT of fun. Very nice , friendly bunch. Highly recommend.
So happy you and Francine enjoyed your stay . It was nice to have met you!
Amazing location and breathtaking view!
Our stay at Delaporte Point was absolutely amazing! From waking up in the morning to a breathtaking view, to hopping on the street bus to hit up nearby beaches, our stay in Nassau was more than we expected. The condo was perfect for a group of 4 and the location was ideal for visiting the surroundings. Lots of restaurants/pubs walking distance and only about a 5-10 minute bus ride to the most beautiful beaches on the island.
Thank you for everything Tina and Erik, we appreciate all your help and looking forward to be going back.
Amélie, Ryan, Caroline and Joel.
Thanks so much. We are here now enjoying the amazing weather.
The apartment complex was well kept and felt safe
Tina and Erik's apartment 7A was very clean and comfortable. The guards at the gate were very nice and helpful and any staff we ran into were also. The views from 7A were great, even though, they were not ocean view from the sitting area. Sitting on the balcony was so relaxing and fun, that the ocean scenery from there made up for it. We never wanted to stay inside and miss the views. We did have to go to the small pool nearest to us, in order to get pictures of the sunset, but again, it was definitely worth the ride down the elevator. We got some beautiful pictures of the sunset and of the waves and the gorgeous blue water.
Tina and Erik were so helpful before we got there, that we knew almost exactly what we were doing when we were ready to venture out of the gated community. The Blue Sail Restaurant was right down the street from us, but we had to walk down the shoulder of the road, which was not great, but the restaurant was delicious. We ate at the Poop Deck, but it was not one of our favorites. We walked a little further on the other side of the street and tried out the Twisted Lime at The Sandy Port Community. That was also pretty good, but very crowded.
We had no trouble riding the jitneys to get downtown to Double Dragon Restaurant, which was okay; and we especially liked going across the street from the Melia Hotel to the Daiquiri Shack to get fresh daiquiris, with or without alcohol. We also found a Swiss Bakery nearby. There was a small learning curve when it came to riding the jitneys, but if we could do it, anyone else can do it.
The apartment had all the amenities that we needed and we ended up getting just water and crackers and peanut butter for the whole week that we were there. We were able to eat out most of the nights and eat the leftovers for the other meals. We slept really well there, so we ended up eating only one meal a day!
The Delaporte Beach and Cable Beach were okay, but the weather was a little too cool for us to swim. But, that did not stop some other people who enjoyed the refreshing ocean. We didn't get to try the pools for the same reason, but also because we just stayed busy relaxing on the balcony and sleeping and eating.
The only complaint that we had were the crazy flights back and forth and delays. We were lucky bc we always get at least 2 hour layovers. There were a lot of people who missed their connections. Luckily, the planes flew and stayed up in the air.
We recommend this property!
Hi Carol and Bruce
Lovely to have you stay . We look forward to having you as guests again.
We stayed in Erik & Tina's Apt. 7, which was clean, well equipped, and delivered stunning balcony views. We loved both pools and swimming in Delaporte Bay. Jittney service to downtown was consistent and very easy, but there are also several great restaurants in easy walking distance. The absolute perfect place for a relaxing vacation!
Thank you for staying with us. Love to have you back!
The best vacation spot!
We (two couples) spent a week at Delaporte Point in apt 7 and absolutely loved every bit of it. The apartment was described perfectly in the description and there were no surprises upon checkin. The location is great if you want to do your own thing and live more of the Bahamian lifestyle rather than being on a resort. There is a grocery store within walking distance as well as a few restaurants. We took the jitney into Nassau a few times and never once had any problems or felt unsafe. Bahamas is a beautiful country and everyone we met was very helpful and welcoming. I would recommend renting from Tina and Erik to anyone looking to vacation in the Bahamas, they were great to deal with and they have an awesome spot on the water!
Thank you ! Thrilled you enjoyed what Delaporte has to offer. See you again :)
Great location with comfortable amenities.
A lovely apartment, well equipped and comfortable. Great views although not directly with sea frontage which would have been better. While access to the jitney bus is very convenient, we would recommend renting a car if you want to get around and see the island, shopping etc. Great location away from the main cruise ship trippers.
Thank you Edward, We appreciate you looking after our home and look foward to having you back.
Tina and Erik
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
- there is an additional $120 cleaning fee which is left by the traveler in the apartment upon departure. This is collected by the local Bahamian housekeeper - all rates/prices are in US dollars (USD) - payments can be made using PayPal or VRBO [Visa] - arrival time is after 2 pm on arrival date (can be discussed with owner) - departure is 11am on departure date (can be discussed with owner)