Azure: Stunning, Waterfront Townhouse in the Ramparts of Old Antibes
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-4 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Azure is a newly renovated 300 year old townhouse on the waterfront edge of the Ramparts of Old Antibes with spectacular views across the bay to the Cap d'Antibes. Every room in this air conditioned house has a sea view and the terrace has a spectacular vista. The luxurious architect designed interior has been inspired by a contemporary coastal theme with soft pebble inspired tones on the stucco walls. Limestone flooring, slate bathrooms and teak terrace decking combine with luxury Egyptian cotton linens and softened water to ensure that you have a supremely comfortable stay. In a superb location Azure is just 1 minutes walk from the Provençal Market where your gourmet welcome hamper produce is purchased by our local staff.
The Picasso Museum and the nearest sandy beach are also just a few minutes stroll away. There is a wealth of interesting shops, cafés & restaurants in the old town and vibrant port area which may just enough to entice you away from the sun drenched terrace.
Location: Azure is located 20 minutes by taxi from Nice Airport. Airport transfers, daily housekeeping & baby sitting can be arranged with our local staff. Beaches - Plage de la Gravette 5 minutes walk, Plage de Salis 8 minutes walk. The more exclusive private Garoupa and Keller beaches on the Cap d'Antibes are either a 20 mins walk or accessed from the bus station 5 minutes walk away. Inland -Visit the medieval villages located inland such as Biot -famed for its hand blown glass. Grasse - home of the international fragrance houses & the International Perfumery Museum. St.Paul de Vence- beautiful hilltop fortified village & art centre. Tourette sur Loup- a precipitously perched hilltop village. Valbonne- geometrically laid out historic village. Coast - Antibes rail station is ten minutes walk away & gives access to the coastal rail links which allow you to cherry pick your favourite excursion destination - cultural Nice, chic Cannes, Monaco or across the Italian border for lunch.
Events and Activities: Cannes Film Festival is closely followed by the Monaco Grand Prix in May are both easily accessible from Azure.
The July Jazz Festival in Juan les Pins is only minutes away. The terrace at Azure is the ideal venue to watch the dramatic firework display on Bastille day (July 14). The Nice Carnival is a must for February.
Sports and leisure: As a town with a marina at its heart, sailing, yachting, water skiing and wind surfing are all readily available. Golf - with 14 golf courses to choose within a 30 mins drive there is something for all levels. The Mougins ‘Golf and Country Club’ is renowned in France. The course is set in a beautiful landscape with outstanding views. Also of note is the Royal Mougins which has hosted the French Open.
Inland are riding, canoeing and kayaking. For the more adventurous there is also canyoning.
Skiing - Set at the gateway to the Mercantour National Park are two ski resorts - Isola 2000 (with 120 km pistes) set at 2000 metres, it is a purpose built resort. In contrast the traditional alpine village of Auron (130 km pistes) at 1600 metres oozes character. Both are within a one hour drive, and offer excellent facilities including the ESF ski school.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
+44 (0)1580 212303
Member since: 2006
- 90 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- The sleeping accommodation is for 4 people. Both bedrooms have deep comfortable beds, luxury fine Egyptian cotton bed linen, hotel quality bath towels and separate beach towels. The interiors have limestone flooring, feature lighting, built in storage and air-conditioning which provides both heating and cooling. Both bedrooms have sea views. Two additional single beds are provided by the day beds in the Terrace room. Wardrobe storage for these is located in the main living area....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Azure has four levels with the bedrooms and bathrooms on the lower two. The spacious limestone floored main open-plan living area has a Californian style kitchen with fully integrated appliances and Corian worktop and island with breakfast bar. This double aspect air-conditioned room has a 'pebble' feature fireplace, original art and soft sectional seating for 6 people in the living area where the flat-screen TV, internet access and storage are located. The top level terrace room opens directly onto the south facing terrace. Glass doors fold back completely to create one continuous space with solid teak flooring throughout. The terrace room has 2 day beds which function as banquette seating for interior dining and conversion to 2 single beds. The terrace has an exterior day bed, a sail awning for shade and a designer water feature. The teak dining table & 6 chairs are designed to be used both internally and externally to allow al-fresco dining, enjoying the most spectacular view....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Tourist Attractions
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 - Mar 31, 2017
4 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Changeover Day: Saturday
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,600.00
- No additional mandatory fees
Rental includes Luxury bed linen and towel use .Gourmet Welcome Pack. Free French Phone calls. Wi-Fi Internet access. Rental Period : Normally weekly Saturday to Saturday. Shorter breaks considered in the mid and low seasons. . Two week rentals have a mid stay linen change and clean.
Refundable Security Deposit 1500 Euros
June rates apply in Christmas and New Year weeks.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Azure is located at the prestigious heart of the Cote d'Azur midway between Nice and Cannes. It is situated on the waterfront in the medieval Ramparts of the Old Town of Antibes. Antibes with its network of ancient interconnecting cobbled streets fans out from the superb marina and old Port Vauban with innumerable cafés, bars, restaurants and shops. The wonderfully colourful Provence Market is just one minutes walk away guaranteeing you the freshest local produce. The Picasso Museum with it is superb Contemporary Art collection is also only a minute stroll away. The nearest beach is only 300 metres from Azure. Further afield, if the historic hilltop villages of St.Paul de Vence, Biot and Tourettes sur Loup fail to entice you then the cosmopolitan centres of Cannes, with its fashionable Croisette, Nice with its culture and Promenade des Anglais & Monaco certainly will. Within an hours drive the ski resorts of the Southern Alps and the Italian border towns beckon.
Azure Maison Exterior. Terrace and open shutters on yellow rendered house
Front Door of Azure
Kitchen Area viewed from Terrace Room
Front view of Azure
Azure Living Room
Sea View from Double bedroom
Exterior of Azure with direct uninterrupted sea views
Open Plan Living Area
Fireplace in Living Area
Azure Entrance Hall and view of Twin Bedroom
Sitting view from sun lounger on terrace
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees