Feel at home in your very own detached cottage in an idyllic park setting. Inside you will find an open plan with comfortable Queen size bed, and Double pullout sofabed. The kitchen provides a full size stove, oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, toaster, blender, kettle, coffee maker, French press, and much more. All the dishes, utensils, and cookware you will need are here. Also, dish soap and cloths are provided.
Unwind in front of a new 33' flatscreen TV with Telus Optic TV package, hundreds of channels to choose from. Apple TV is also installed allowing you to connect iDevices, or access the internet, your Netflix account, movies from iTunes etc...
Catch up on emails with wireless high speed internet. Two small stereos to allow you to enjoy music from whatever phone or mp3 player you have. Radio also provided.
This brand new 500 sq ft. 'Laneway House' has been built to exceed not only current building code, but surpass most eco-standards. Featuring recycled hardwood flooring, a reclaimed claw foot tub, and low VOC paints. Illuminated throughout by warm colour corrected LED lighting, utilizing Energy Star appliances, and a high efficiency on-demand hot water system. Argon-filled double glazed windows keep you warm while protecting the space from damaging UV.
We use only eco-friendly cleansers and detergents.
Please no smoking, no pets.
MONTHLY PRICING AVAILABLE: October through March.
Book early for best availability.
Come and go as you please, as this cottage is separate from our main residence. Keyless entry makes after hours check-in/out a breeze and the best part is no extra fees! Park easily on the street, or in the lane in front of the cottage, also free!
You will be provided your own personal entry code before check-in.
For entry: Enter code (see green light), pull door toward you, turn knob to the left.
For exit: Press 'EMTEK', pull door toward you, turn knob to the right.
Interaction with Guests:
We respect that each guest is unique and has different needs. We will make every effort to welcome you when possible, and make local recommendations. The beauty of Rose Cottage is that it is a separate dwelling with digital key pad, allowing for a maximum of privacy.
Step out your front door, cross the lane and enjoy everything John Hendry park has to offer. This includes a large lake with beautiful walking/cycling trails, sandy beach with gorgeous mountain views, rec center, two kids playgrounds, market and concession in summer, and plenty more to discover.
A short walk in the park takes you to the brand new, state-of-the-art Trout Lake Recreation Center, featuring Olympic skating rink, fitness center, tennis and basketball courts, outstanding children's playground, a cafe, and more! Detailed information is available by using your favorite search engine: type 'city of vancouver trout lake'
The Vancouver Farmers Market operates Saturdays from 9am-2pm literally steps from your door, May through October. Exact dates and vendor information is available by using your favorite search engine: type 'eatlocal'
A parking pass is required to park in the neighbourhood during market hours.
Take a pleasant stroll to vibrant Commercial Drive, once known as 'Little Italy'. Voted one of the top 10 hippest hoods in North America, it is one of the most culturally diverse and eclectic spots to visit in Vancouver. Find a plethora of authentic Italian coffee bars, fine dining restaurants, European delis, unique boutiques, and organic food stores. This is a hub for Vancouver's live music and theater scenes, art exhibitions, poetry readings, cafe culture, environmental activism, and alternative lifestyle. Find more info by using your favorite search engine: type 'commercial drive business society'
A short walk takes you to the intersection of Commercial Drive & East Broadway offering two Sky Train stations and many major bus routes. This is very fortunate, as the Sky Train provides fast and inexpensive transport to and from downtown, the airport, North Vancouver and much more. The #99 B-Line bus also stops here and is a quick and direct line to UBC.
A handy route planner can be found at the translink website.
Other Things to Note:
For the FASTEST and most serene walking/cycling ROUTE TO COMMERCIAL DRIVE: May we suggest that you travel North on Lakewood Drive. You will cross a small bridge, turn left at the end of it onto the Central Valley Greenway/BC Parkway/North Grandview Hwy. This will take you to the corner of E. Broadway & Victoria Drive, from here you will be able to see the Sky Train stations. Cross the street in both directions (both North and West) and continue on the BC Parkway/North Grandview Hwy in the direction of Northwest. This is a lovely shortcut, it will take you directly to Commercial Drive through a pretty and quiet residential setting. See a map of this route in the photos.
Please note there are a number of local laundromats (many offer pick up/drop-off service). There is no washer/dryer on site.
If you have a smart phone or laptop we would highly recommend two apps to help you find your way around town. One is called 'Around Me', which will show nearby businesses and includes maps and routes to any location or place you type in.
The other is called 'Yelp' which has reviews of nearby businesses as well as directions. For fun things to see and do go to the 'tourismvancouver' website.
Please keep all windows & doors locked when not in suite. Don’t leave valuables in plain sight; we are not responsible for loss or stolen items.
**IMPORTANT! To receive your full deposit back you must follow these steps:
1. If you use the kitchen please leave it as you found it. All dishes and cooking utensils must be washed, dried, and put away respectively. Please wipe all surfaces and inside microwave.
2. Please leave all bed and bathroom linen in place. Do not hang anything from shower curtain rod.
3. Please sweep all floors, broom and dustpan in closet.
4. All waste and debris must be taken out on the day of your checkout. As per
Vancouver city bylaws, PLEASE SORT ALL WASTE PROPERLY AS FOLLOWS:
• All food scraps, raw or cooked, must be put into the green bin (including meat and bones). ****Please empty and rinse this bin daily to avoid odor, attracting fruit flies. There are brown paper bin liners under the sink for your use if you like.
• Recyclables (glass, plastic, metal) should be rinsed if necessary and placed in the blue bin.
• Paper & cardboard must be broken down flat to fit inside the yellow bag.
• Down the West side of the cottage are bins to empty your waste into:
Large bin with green lid = food scraps
Large bin with black lid = garbage
Blue recycle bins = glass, plastic, and metal
Yellow bags = paper and flattened cardboard
(please return the empty blue box to cottage)
- Remove shoes in suite please.
- Lock all windows and doors when you are absent.
- Respect the neighbours by keeping quiet hours between 10pm-8am
- Please keep thermostats between 60-78 deg. and widows & doors closed
when heaters are on. Leave them set when you go (do not turn off).
- Turn bathroom fan off when not in use, and before checkout.
- As per our no pets policy, please mindful of our two curious cats (Scout &
Silver). Please do not let them into the suite.
- Let us know about ANYTHING that breaks or isn't working properly. If
there are stains that need treating please let us know.
- Remember to take all your personal belongs with you upon checkout. We
are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Be energy conscious. Long-term guests may be subject to utilities fees.
- Feel free to enjoy the water straight from the tap; B.C. has some of the
cleanest water in the world!
- Allow 30-40 seconds for hot water.
- No smoking on the property.
- No pets.
- NO candles, NO incense, or ANY substance to be burned or lit inside
suite. Fire extinguisher is under the sink.
- No bikes, large strollers or outdoor equipment inside.
- Don't flush foreign materials down the toilet.
- Please refrain from opening the back door and using the private yard.
-EMERGENCY CALL: 911