3BR Oceanfront House at Quart-a-Nancy Point, Cooper Island, Bvi(8 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
3BR/2BA, Sleeps 6-8, Cooper Island British Virgin Islands
This small piece of paradise provides island living at its best. Relax, swim and snorkel/scuba dive, read, or watch daily life at Manchioneel Bay. Our 50-foot, open-plan, living area and west-facing panoramic view showcase spectacular sunsets over the Sir Francis Drake Channel. Experience self-sufficient island living without giving up all the amenities. We produce our own 110v power on-site using solar technology and feature free wireless internet. Cook your own meals on our outdoor gas grill or in our full kitchen, or visit the Cooper Island Beach Club (CIBC) for lunch or dinner.
The ocean is just below the house - be sure to get in the water - the snorkeling near the end of the jetty and along the shore is some of the best on Cooper Island.
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 8
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- Bathroom 1 contains a toilet and sink, combined with the 'Powder Room' which contains a tub (with hot/cold shower) and sink, this constitutes a full bath in the portion of the house containing the Master Bedroom. Bathroom 2 is in the portion of the house containing the Front and Back Bedrooms and has a toilet, sink, and an Outdoor Shower w/hot/cold water and a 3/4-height privacy wall. There is an additional outdoor shower with cold water only and a 3/4 height privacy wall on the outside of the house near the Master Bedroom....moreless
- Amenities: Private Jetty with Swim Ladder, small inflatable dinghy with outboard motor for use within Manchioneel Bay, Solar Power (12-volt DC and 110-volt AC), Cistern Water, Filtered Water, Solar Hot Water, Full Kitchen, Full-size (16-cubic feet) Refrigerator/Freezer, Four-burner Propane Stove and Oven, Charcoal and Gas Barbecue Facilities, Blender, VHF Base Station, Broadband Wireless Internet, Wired and 802.1b/g/n Wireless Internet within the House and on the Porch, Mini-Stereo w/AM-FM/AUX(MP3, Bluetooth) and outside speakers, 22' LCD/TV w/DVD, Selected Books, Board Games and Jigsaw Puzzles, a few DVD movies, Cooking Utensils provided, Linens provided, Non Smoking....moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Games For Kids
- Video Library:
- Away From It All
- Bird Watching
- Beach View:
- Near The Ocean:
- Ocean View:
The house faces directly down the Sir Francis Drake Channel about 50ft above the ocean. It's just a short walk down a paved driveway to the jetty and some of the best snorkeling around. ~400m to a sandy beach....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access:
- Ceiling Fans
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Paper Towels
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Beach Towels
- Boat Dock
- Deck / Patio:
- Inflatable Boat
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
Porch / Veranda:
50 ft front porch overlooks the Drake Channel. This is our living room/dining room and where most guests spend their time ! Roll-down shades protect from afternoon sun, rain, wind.Extensive open-air...moreless
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Walkway To Water
- Water Sports Gear:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 - Apr 30, 2017
7 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $40 per night, per additional guest
May 1 - Nov 30, 2017
7 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $40 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 7%
We prefer a 7-night minimum stay, but shorter stays will be considered on an individual basis.
Children 0 – 2 years stay free. Children ages 3 – 12 are half price with 2 paying adults.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
The British Virgin Islands (BVI), a part of the Leeward Island chain, are located in the Caribbean Sea, approximately 1100 miles southwest of Florida, USA. While only about 8 miles east of St. Thomas and just north and west of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands, they are a world apart – the BVI are typified by a quieter, more rural lifestyle. Tortola is the main island and the main city is Road Town. The airport is located on the east end of Tortola (Beef Island) and is principally served by commuter airlines from San Juan, Puerto Rico. Tortola can also be reached via ferry from St Thomas, USVI. Cooper Island, a typical BVI out-island approximately 5 miles across the channel from Tortola, is an idyllic place to live or visit. It is, however, off the power grid and most necessities are self-contained and provided on-site. Cooper can only be reached by boat and there is no regularly scheduled ferry. We can help you arrange a charter to get you there at a reasonable price.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Fred & Candia Kruse, Owners of Quart-A-Nancy Point live in Frisco, Colorado, USA at an altitude of 9200ft (2800m). They have traveled to the Caribbean for over 35 years for the pleasant climate change marked by living at sea level in a tropical area.
Why the Owner Chose Other Islands, British Virgin Islands:
After several bareboat sailing charters in the BVI, we decided that an island-based vacation home was what we really needed. We chose Quart-A-Nancy Point at Cooper Island in the British Virgin Islands because it's that 'deserted' island everyone dreams about. It's far enough away from things to feel secluded, but close enough that you can drop by the bar for a drink or dinner or go to town on Tortola if you want. We've made sure the house has all of the amenities expected so that we (you) aren't roughing it (though you could choose not to use things like wireless internet and TV if you want to truly get away).
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Located at the north end of Manchioneel Bay, Quart-A-Nancy Point, Cooper Island is island living the way it used to be - simple and serene. The views from the front porch are unparalleled and will make you never want to leave.
- Primary: +1 3034999471 Direct - Colorado USA
- Secondary: +1 8773578209 Toll-Free USA Only
- Fax: +1 8773578210 Toll-Free USA Only
Links to more information:
Aerial view of Manchioneel Bay. House at Quart-A-Nancy Point outlined in black.
View looking towards the house from the driveway
View of Manchioneel Bay, Cooper Island from Quart-A-Nancy Point front porch
Double Hammock on the front porch
Master Bedroom, Dresser, Desk, Chest
Quart-A-Nancy Point Courtyard
Front (Yellow) Bedroom - Queen Bed
Front (Yellow) Bedroom - Computer Area
Back (Green) Bedroom made as twins (can be combined as King)
Sunset ritual - Quart-A-Nancy Point, Cooper Island, BVI
House Overview from Water: Quart-A-Nancy Point
Quart-A-Nancy Point Open-Air Dining
Quart-A-Nancy Point Open-Air Living Room
Kitchen - Food preparation and stove
Master Bedroom - King Bed
Powder room (left) and main bathroom (right)
Front (Yellow) Bedroom showing Futon that can serve as an additional double bed
Sunset over the Drake Chanel from Quart-A-Nancy Point
A sunny day at Quart-A-Nancy Point, Cooper Island, BVI
This listing was first published here in 2005.
Date last modified - Saturday, March 18, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.