Perfect Family Getaway in Big Sur, Now with Hot Tub!
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Relax on the deck and listen to the solitude, while the creek babbles below - or sink into the private outdoor hot tub and look at the star filled sky - or use the cabin as your home base as you enjoy easy access to all of the area's sites! Carmel is just 15 minutes away and Big Sur Proper is just a scenic 20 - 30 minutes away!
Quiet, private grounds - nestled in the redwoods with a babbling creek. Easy access on paved road, and a house full of amenities offer convenience, while peace and tranquility really invite you to unplug from the world. .
This cabin comes complete with full kitchen, including gas range, dishwasher, full sized refrigerator, Cuisinart coffeemaker, blender, dishes, cookware, utensils, etc. Home also comes with a washer/dryer. There is also an outdoor propane barbecue, and spa! Indoor and outdoor dining for up to 6.
Palo Colorado Canyon is a special place, attracting artists, writers and poets, as well as anyone else who longs for inspiration, fresh air, beauty and solitude. It's truly a place to unplug and commune with nature, but close enough to engage in world-class sightseeing, hiking, art and fine dining!
One bedroom has queen bed and private balcony, another has queen bed and private deck. The third bedroom has 2 twin beds (can be made in to one king bed upon request).
Television with satellite service, lots of dvds, books and board games also available.
We have recently re-furnished this cabin with new cozy sectional and new quality beds for your comfort.
House Rules: Please see house rules below in exhibit A of rental agreement.
Note: Photo ID is required for check in. Signed rental agreement required. Check in is by appointment, between the hours of 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
See copy of agreement below with house rules in exhibit A and waiver of liability in exhibit B for preview:
Thanks, and have a great vacation!
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between (“Homeowner”) and _______________ (“Guest”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property. The property is located at:
Palo Colorado Rd. Carmel Ca. 93923
The property is fully furnished and includes kitchen appliances, cooking utensils, pots/pans, dishes & utensils, linens, towels, books, games, hot tub, and BBQ.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist only of Guest and the following persons (please print names):
1. _________________ 2. _______________ 3. _________________
4. _________________ 5. ________________
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to six persons. An additional charge or $60 per person per night for guests in addition to four will be assessed.
4. Term of the Lease.
The lease begins at 4 p.m. on ___ (the “Check-in Date”) and ends at 11 a.m. on _____ (the “Check-out Date”). Check in is by appointment, between the hours of 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
5. Minimum Stay: This property requires a two night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is needed for less than two days, the guest will be charged the two-night minimum rate.
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
8. Rental Rate and Fees
a. Deposit: A deposit of $1000 is due upon booking prior to the Check-In Date.
The deposit is for security and shall be refunded within 7 days of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
i. damage to the property or furnishings;
ii. dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
iii. any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
b. Rental Rate. Payment in full of fees at time of booking shall be due upon booking, per rental site (VRBO, HomeAway, Airbnb):
9. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded as follows:
VRBO: 100%, less VRBO fees, if cancelled 60 days prior to the Check-in Date.
Airbnb: 50% refund, less Airbnb fees, up to one week prior to Check-in Date.
10. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler’s insurance. Please refer to VRBO or Airbnb websites for further information.
The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement including exhibit A( house rules)and exhibit B(waiver of liability) when the parties request to book and make payment online or by check.
Signature: _________ Signature:_______________________
Name (print) ______________ Name (print): ______________
Signature: Phone # (during stay):______________
Name (print) ____________ Date:
Phone # (during stay):
1. There is no smoking, campfires or candles allowed anywhere on the property.
2. In consideration of all of our future guests with allergies, no pets are allowed.
3. Out of respect for our neighbors absolutely no drone devices are allowed on the property.
4. No trespassing on neighboring properties: Pubic hiking trails are located at the east end of Palo Colorado Rd., at Botchers gap, or several locations along hwy. 1. Please feel free to peruse the Big Sur hiking trail books located on the bookshelf below the television in the living room (please be sure to return them to their shelf before final departure).
5. We strive to honor our neighbors by maintaining the tranquility of this community and therefore we do not allow loud parties or amplified music outdoors. Please, only quiet voices outside.
6. No children under the age of 18 are permitted in the hot tub, or its enclosure, without adult supervision.
7. Please shower prior to entering the hot tub. Do not add anything to the hot tub water (oils, bubble baths, etc.) – please note that doing so will result in loss of $300 of deposit.
Failure to comply with any of the aforementioned rules may result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of rent and/or deposits.
Guest house #: See phone headset label
Please keep long distance calls short and to a minimum.
RELEASE & WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
IN CONSIDERATION for being permitted to enter premises and property for vacation rental or
any other purpose, the undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her personal representatives, guests, children,
heirs, and next of kin, acknowledges, agrees, and represents that he/she has or will immediately upon
entering, and will continuously thereafter, thoroughly inspect such areas and his/her continued presence
constitutes an acknowledgment that he/she has inspected house, deck and entire property and he/she finds
and accepts such areas as being safe and reasonably suited for the purposes of his/her use, and he/she
further agrees and warrants that if, at any time, he/she feels anything to be unsafe, he/she and all guests will
immediately leave the area and advise appropriate persons.
THE UNDERSIGNED hereby RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS
NOT TO SUE Coy Ware or Lorraine Kempf personally and as company or corporate representatives, their
members, managers, operators, officials, officers, directors, employees, owners and lessees of the premises,
all for the purposes herein referred to as “releasees”, from all liability to the undersigned, guests,
representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin for any and all loss or damage, and any claim or demand
thereof on account of INJURY to the person(s) or property or resulting in DEATH of the undersigned or
guests, whether caused by negligence of the releasees or otherwise while in or upon the area.
THE UNDERSIGNED hereby AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD
HARMLESS the releasees and each of them from any loss, liability, damage, or cost they may occur due to
their presence in or upon the area and whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
WARNING: Use hot tub, and/or fireplace carries risk that may result in serious injury or
death, and unsupervised use by children is prohibited. Elderly persons, pregnant ladies, infants and anyone subject to heart disease, diabetes, low or high
blood pressure, strokes, epilepsy or similar afflictions should not enter a spa alone and without consulting
their physician. Never use a spa while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If you are taking
medication of any kind, or being treated for any illness, consult your physician prior to use of spa. Spa
WALK ON SPA COVER or it will collapse. Supervise children at all times to decrease risk of injury or
drowning. bathers should shower
immediately before and after use. THE UNDERSIGNED hereby ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR RISK OF BODILY
INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE due to the negligence of the releasees or otherwise while in
or upon area.
Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or related to this Agreement or the interpretation
of this Agreement shall be settled by arbitration in accordance to the rules of the American Arbitration
Association, except to the extent modified below. The place of arbitration shall be in Monterey County.
Member since: 2014
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Away From It All
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $60 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
- housecleaning $165
- Tax Rate 10.5%
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. Property is located in area that includes other short-term guests and year round residents. Because we care about our community WE DO NOT ALLOW PARTIES OR OUTDOOR AMPLIFIED MUSIC. Failure to comply with this house rule may result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of fees and deposits. Please also see house rules and agreements.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
We're just under 2 miles east of the world renowned scenic highway 1, amid redwoods, near world class hiking trails, and yet just a short drive away from wine tasting, art galleries, restaurants, and historical sites.
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: My husband, Koi, and I are the owners of this property. We were married at McWay falls, in Big Sur, in 2007 and moved to our Big Sur dream home in 2010. I grew up about an hour from here, so visited frequently throughout my life, vowing someday to make it my home. We continue to work on our property, while managing our special cabin and developing our large organic garden.
Why the Owner Chose Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA, USA:
When we saw this property, it was love at first site for both of us! We love this area - the peace and tranquility of the redwood forest, the aroma of wild sage, and the air! The air here is like no other place I've ever been!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The cabin has all of the luxuries of home. Every window looks out at the redwoods and from the deck one can relax to the sounds of the babbling creek below. The private hot tub is a new addition, as of August, 2015, and just another way we invite our guest to really unplug and unwind. It's a magical place.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Ample off street parking for several vehicles
Large deck with table that can accommodate six
Walking in to living room from front deck. Propane fireplace keeps you cozy!
Living room includes large couch, DirectTV, blu-ray player, books on area hiking
View of kitchen from second floor.
Lower bathroom includes shower, toilet and sink.
Easterly bedroom with balcony and skylight- feels like a tree house!
Upper bathroom includes shower, toilet and sink.
Lower bedroom with queen bed
Washer/Dryer, laundry soap and beach towels available in mudroom at back door.
Front door, off of deck
Easy access with short paved driveway right off of main county road
Refrigerator, dishwasher, gas range, microwave, toaster and coffee maker
Sofa and dining table each accommodate up to 6 guests. Table has extension.
Burlwood bar joins living room to kitchen.
View of great room from second floor balcony.
Easterly upper bedroom with queen bed and balcony looking over redwood grove.
Balcony off of Easterly bedroom.
Lower bedroom with Queen bed and private deck looking out to redwood grove.
Westerly upper bedroom with two twin beds.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 04, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM