|Space||2,500 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||2 - 5 nights|
Welcome to beautiful Union Creek in Copper Mountain. This wonderful 3 bedroom, 3 bath townhome is located directly next to the Union Creek lift. With a private 2 car garage, you won't have to worry about the weather outside when you need to go somewhere. Enter through the garage or the side entrance to the first floor with a large open living room that flows into the spacious kitchen. This is a perfect place to entertain while hanging out around the fireplace. With the large flat screen TV and surround sound system you can enjoy your favorite movie or watch the game with friends. Just out the back entrance is a patio with your own private hot tub and grill. Drop your gear here as you enter through the gate to the patio to relax and soak after a long day on the slopes. A full bathroom is also conveniently located on the first floor.
The second floor has a master suite with queen bed and a large private bathroom with large garden tub. A second bedroom has two twin beds, and a third has a queen bed. All bedrooms boast plenty of storage and closet space, and a third full bathroom is located near the two bedrooms.
With a quick walk or bike ride down the trail out the back door, you will find yourself in the Center Plaza. This area is filled with all your dining needs and night life.
Living Room with Fireplace and Flat-Screen TV and Sleeper Sofa (Sleeps 2)
Patio with Hot Tub and BBQ Grill
Dining area (Seats 6)
Full Kitchen with Bar (Seats 3)
Master Suite with Queen Bed (Sleeps 2), Flat-Screen TV, and Private Bathroom
Second Bedroom with 2 Twin Beds (Sleeps 2)
Third Bedroom with Queen Bed (Sleeps 2)
There are many things to love about this place. The good:
1. Location. Located about a 3 minute walk from the lift, and even closer if you take a short cut. (5 stars for location)
2. The private hot tub is GREAT. From skiing to hot tub, you can make it in 10 minutes (5 stars for hot tub)
3. The place was very clean when we got there (5 stars for cleanliness)
4. The kitchen was just fabulous. Well stocked with dishes, glasses, silverware. Appliances were first rate (5 stars for kitchen)
Now for the issues:
1. There was an iceberg around the hot tub. Loads of ice built up to the side where the towel hangers were. Sure would have been nice to use a towel when we got out of the hot tub, but no; could not get to the hangers. But, most dangerously, there was about 2 feet of ice build up right in front of the hot tub, and guests kept slipping on it. Egress to the path in front of the house (short cut to lifts). Was not passable because the huge Iceberg at the south side of the house. Management should do a much better job of cleaning up this mess (1 star)
2. Finally, sleeping arrangements. When the add says it sleeps 8, it's misleading. Does it sleep 6? Sure. But with 8 adults, two had to sleep in the living room on the pull out sofa each night. Meaning, they were the last to go to bed and the first to wake up. This was very uncomfortable. The owners should invest $1000 for a bunk room. There's already a room that's got two twins, and converting to a bunk room is a no-brainer. (1 star)
3. Internet connection was absolutely horrible. The router is placed the garage where it cannot properly reach the living room. Want to stream a movie? Forget it, you get a 3 minute pause every 3 minutes. Want to stream some music over your phone? Same thing. This is an easy fix of $200 Apple router placed in the living room. Frankly quite disappointing! (1 star)
(5 + 5 + 5 +5 + 1 + 1 +1)/7 = (23/7) = 3.2
We stayed for a brief weekend in February and has a most wonderful time. The condo was absolutely stunning with high end appliances design everywhere. It comfortably slept three families (3 couples + one child) and we all had plenty of room to stretch out and enjoy our time. Getting to the slopes could not have been easier; just hop out the back and you can see the lodge about 100 yards away. I would recommend this condo to my friends who needed a three bedroom condo in the area.
The location of this townhome was perfect for us with 3 small children in ski school. The interior was very nice, however not especially clean (hair clumps in the hot tub and old tissues under the beds). It was also lacking some basic kitchen prep utensils. Overall a wonderful vacation. We loved Copper Mountain.
Loved the short walk to lift and ski school. Loved the hot tub, gas fireplace, and overall layout of the home. Kitchen was great, with open floor plan to living and dining. Space is bigger in person than it looks in pictures.
We arrived to find water dripping from the ceiling and a hole in the sheetrock in the kitchen. They had had record snow fall and the roofs were covered which was causing the leak. We called right away and were asked to put bowls out to catch the water and wipe it up. The property manager said that was suppose to have been taken care of. After we had vacuumed up the mess and wiped up all the water someone showed up to clean it up. They could have communicated this to us. Had to deal with contractors coming and going sometimes not announced when we weren't there and all of our belongings were. The fireplace did not turn on and maintenance had to be called. He was aware of the problem but just hadn't gotten around to fixing it (nice guy but if there's a problem fix it!). The fireplace did not shut off (maintenance knew this) so we left it run the entire time we were there. Got pretty warm in there at times so we had to open windows and doors. The place didn't seem overly clean and the furniture in the living area had stains on it. The oven needed to be wiped down on the front as did the cupboards in the master bathroom. There was no path to the front door until the day before we left. We had to climb over huge snow banks when we went out. The instructions in the welcome book were not clear and not updated. We had to deal with way more than we wanted to for being on vacation and the money we spent on this place. I would definitely go back to Copper Mt just not to this unit. We were reimbursed a small amount for our troubles but had to ask for it after being told they would comp us.
The unit is new and clean, with lots of amenities. We had a wonderful and comfortable time. The location is near a beautiful creek and trail, which makes it very scenic. The walk to town is 5-10 min on this scenic trail. Tony the owner was very professional and helpful with our additional questions and requests. We cooked and ate home many times, and enjoyed the fireplace. The kitchen is well stocked. Washer dryer was a huge plus. We would recommend this unit to anyone who wants to stay in Copper Mountain.