- english, french, spanish, portuguese
Why Luis Dinis chose Lisbon Old Town
Charming and very well located apartment in the central beautiful neighborhood of Principe Real. The apartment is just across the street from Bairro Alto, 100m from the lovely garden of Principe Real (that has open air cafes and a children playground) and 50m from the São Pedro de Alcântara garden, with one of the most amazing viewpoints in Lisbon! You will be right in the city center, with everything you need just 2 steps away. You can visit most of the town by foot. . See the excellent location on Google Maps: Rua Dom Pedro V, 40, Lisboa
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
If all that matters is location then this is your place. A short walk to shops and restaurants!
Unfortunately this place was NOT very clean. Kitchen and bathroom were grimy and unkept, there was even food in the sink. Towels and sheets were torn and stained. No extra linens were provided at all. The coffee maker was temperamental and only worked some of the time. Back bedroom smelled of cat urine. Apartment is old which is not bad except the floors are sloped and there is no noise insulation from the upstairs tenants. You can hear loud footsteps and full conversations. Luis communicated well when booking and but the women who checked us in wasn’t very helpful.
I'm very sorry that the cleaning and linen were not up to standard. We have now changed the cleaning team and the matter is solved. I just wish you had told me during your stay because I would send new cleaners to do the correct job. This old building has indeed a poor sound insulation and there's not much I can do about it. This in the description for guests to make an informed decision.
Great neighborhood beautiful clean place
Loved everything about this place it was immaculate and beautiful the perfect place to stay
Great part of Lisbon to be located in.
The apartment is in a 200+ year old building which has its issues but it is great base to explore the city. There are many great places to eat and all manner of public transport just outside the front door. We had some troubles during our stay with a water leak and noisy neighbours but both were responded to quickly by Francesca.
Die Wohnung liegt ideal für einen Städtetrip, Vieles könnten wir zu Fuß erreichen. In der Nähe gab es einige kleine Einkaufsläden, Bars und Restaurants. Die nächsten Metrohaltestellen sind ebenfalls nicht weit, auf dem Weg zur nächsten Haltestelle geht es allerdings steil bergab.
Die Größe der Wohnung ist für einen Städtetrip passend. Das Wohnzimmer ist vergleichsweise groß. Es war genug Platz für fünf Leute am Tisch. In den Schlafzimmer ist es etwas enger. Vor allem in dem Zimmer mit Doppelbett kann es mit Koffern eng werden.
Das einzige, das uns gestört hat, war, dass die Decke knarrt und die Mieter über uns nachts viel herum gelaufen sind.
Thank you again for staying here, for taking good care of the house and for being such nice guests! It was a pleasure to host you, you are welcome anytime.
Super endroit, très agréable et bien situé. l'appartement dispose de tous le confort!
TV, Wifi, Machine à lavé, à Expresso etc... si il devait y avoir un défaut ce serait le bruit des pas surtout des enfants le matin de bonheur qui courent dans l'appartement du dessus, c'est mal isolé...
Appartement très bien situé pour les visites et propre. Le Wifi et machine à café Nespresso avec des dosettes sont à notre disposition.
Les restaurants sont à côtés et accessible à pied. Très bel accueil.
Le gros problème de cet appartement est le bruit. On entend les portes claqués quand une personne rentre, les pas du voisin du dessus, les discussions, les enfants pleurés jusqu'à minuit ... et bruit des pas vers 6h du matin ...
Il y a aussi le bruit des gens dînant à l'extérieur, les employés des bars qui nettoyent les bars à 2h du matin
Celà est assez génant quand vous êtes fatigués après une journée de visite sur Lisbonne et que vous voulez vous couchez tôt.
To go from the airport to the apartment I suggest you take a taxi. This is much easier and faster than to take public transportation because there is no direct transport to this area from the airport, and the taxi is not expensive. The taxi should take 15 to 20 min and cost around 15 Euros. Taxis normally take 4 passengers but at the airport there are some taxis that take up to 6 persons. The apartment is at Rua Dom Pedro V, this is a well known street.
- There are several car parks at 5/10 minutes distance (Rua da Escola Politécnica 213; Rua da Misericórdia; Largo Camões)
- Rua Dom Pedro V itself is a beautiful street that everyone should visit, with some designer shops, restaurants, bars (like the wonderful "Chinese Pavillion"), gardens, good places to relax and hang out.
- 2 minutes to Bairro Alto (the nightlife, restaurants and bars)
- 5/10 minutes to the Chiado/Baixa areas (shops and beautiful sites);
- 10 minutes to Av. Liberdade (shops, sites, one of the most beautiful streets in Lisbon)
- 10 minutes to Rato, S. Bento, the Parliament;
- 15 minutes to Amoreiras (shopping mall) and Marquês de Pombal (next to famous Eduardo VII park and its hot and cold greenhouses)
- 20 minutes to Alfama (narrow windind streets, typical of old Lisbon and fado tradition)
- 10 minutes to 3 different subway stations (blue and yellow lines), 2 minutes to bus stops, 2 minutes to taxi.
- 10 minutes to tramway 28 (famous touristic tramway line)
- 10 minutes to Rossio train station (travel to the beautiful town of Sintra) and 15 minutes to de Cais do Sodré train station (travel to the beaches of the Cascais and Estoril coast)
- There are several small shops and groceries close by, as well as a supermarket at 5 minutes that is open everyday 9.00 to 21.00h
- ATM machines next door
----- See all my apartments ----- CONDESSA 2 Ref.615935(4bdr 8p) ----- BICA Ref. 462241 (3bdr 8p) ----- ADELAS Ref. 615992 (3bdr 8p) ----- DOM PEDRO V 2 Ref.581326 (3bdr 8p) ----- CONDESSA 1 Ref.420500 (2bdr 6p) ----- DOM PEDRO V 1 Ref.437814 (2bdr 6p) ----- DOM PEDRO V 3 Ref. 610009 (studio 4p) ----- JUNQUEIRA Ref. 609807 (1bdr 4p)