About the property
- House1700 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
Four bedroom, 2 1/2 bath with full kitchen and deck.
Relax and enjoy the most beautiful inland lake in Michigan in this four bedroom, 2 1/2 bath Lakefront home, called 'Pinewood Point'.
Located on Detroit Point, on the west shore of Higgins Lake, Pinewood Point includes a dock to sun bathe and enjoy the shallow, sandy bottom and crystal clear water.
Detroit Point is privately owned, giving the home a sense of privacy not found on the lake front of Higgins Lake.
This multi-level ranch style home includes two bedrooms with King sized beds and two bedrooms with twin-sized sets to sleep eight (8) ADULTS comfortably. There are two sofa beds (one double, one Twin) in the lower level family room that can sleep two (2) children.
A boat mooring is located just off the dock and Higgins is perfect for waterskiing, tubing and fishing.
Pinewood Point is tastefully decorated with hardwood flooring throughout the main level. Three bedrooms and two full baths are nine steps up off the main floor on the upper level, with one bedroom and 1/2 bath four steps down to the lower level. The family room on the lower level includes a wet bar, flat screen TV with cable and sliders to a walkout patio.
Each bedroom (except lower level) has a ceiling fan and there is a two speed whole house fan to cool the home. All windows are screened for great air flow and both the front and lakeside (deck) door are screened as well.
There is a basketball hoop in the driveway and two bicycles available to ride to the Higgins Lake Market store 10 minutes away.
Perfect for a family vacation, this home is located in the best possible location at the center of Higgins Lake, with boat access to Treasure Island just minutes away. Detroit Point shields the house and swimming area from west winds and keeps the water calm most days.
PLEASE NOTE ...
SATURDAY-TO-SATURDAY ONLY RENTALS DURING PEAK SEASON, PLEASE.
PARKING IS LIMITED TO FOUR (4) VEHICLES ONLY.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Mostly great but there are some issues renters should know about
All in all we had a great time. The lake is great. Clear water. Sandy bottom and shallow for a long ways out. Fishing right out front. A really great marina to rent boats from B&B. And the mooring right out from the house was great. The house has lake views from pretty much every window because of the point. The point is private property and fenced off with a chain link fence but still provides for privacy relative to other houses. A small market and hardware store very nearby for quick trips and small needs. Like I said overall it was great.
There are some maintenance and other things other renters should know about.
- When we arrived at the house we found that the shower in the upstairs bathroom was leaking water into the closet in the basement bedroom. It appears this has been going on for a while before we arrived. There was a water mark stained paper towel on one of the shelves, water stains on the ceiling, a bowl in the closet, and what appeared to be mold in the closet as well.
- The basement toilet leaked and was creating a puddle of water under the washing machine
- Upon calling the management company they did send someone out to deal with the repairs.
- The locks on the sliding glass doors downstairs don't appear to work. There was a stick from a tree wedged next to the door that we found didn't actually prevent the door from opening.
- The refrigerator door handle was broken. Thou I believe they are charging us for this even thou we didn't break it and had to deal with the issues with the shower and toilet on our trip.
- The house has a no pet policy which is great but the owner/neighbors let their dog walk around where ever it wants. So their dog regularly would use the yard for it's toilet. We were greeted with a pile of dog poop when we arrived and two more the next morning. The neighbor acknowledged that this was happening but didn't do anything to stop it. Instead she would do laps around the house every day to look for the poop to clean up. Nit picky to care about this maybe but I didn't rent a house to have to avoid stepping on dog poop or sit down for breakfast and get a nice view of the neighbor walking around outside.
- The mattresses/beds are kinda bad in most of the rooms.
Future renters may not experience any of these issues and should enjoy their stay. But wanted to mention these so others are at least aware. By far not the worst house we have rented but also not the best.
We're glad you had a great time and appreciate your feedback.
The master shower had been damaged, previously, and caulking repair work apparently failed, causing the leaking. We think a previous renter had placed the bowl on the lower closet shelf and failed to report it to us...we did not place the bowl and towel.
The master shower enclosure is being replaced during the off season. The water stain and mold in the lower bedroom closet ceiling drywall is also being repaired.
Thank you for reporting the toilet leak (worn seal) which was promptly replaced while you were there.
One sliding door was broken and was secured by a broom handle until it could be repaired. The lock on the other door functions properly.
The beds are not luxurious, but adequate for a summer cottage.
Have addressed the neighbor's dog issue and hopefully it won't be a problem in the future, however the saying 'old dog, new tricks' comes into play. Our neighbor is kind enough to be diligent about policing the yard.
The refrigerator door handle was reported by the cleaning service to have been broken during your stay. It is possible it may have been broken, earlier, and not reported or overlooked by the cleaning service. There is no way of knowing for certain who broke it since it was never reported.
In light of the issues you encountered during your stay, we have issued a refund check to you for the cost of repairing the refrigerator door handle.
Again, thanks for staying at Pinewood Point and we hope you will return in the future.
Higgins Lake Heaven at Detroit Point
Spacious house with all the amenities of home – three bathrooms, four bedrooms, fully stocked kitchen and dining room, and handy laundry room. Equipped with an outdoor fire pit and grill. Breathtaking views of Higgins Lake, luscious beachfront for fishing, swimming, boating and sunbathing. Our extended family has been coming here for more than a decade and have made many happy memories.
Golf courses nearby include: Forest Dunes GC, Ye Olde Country Club, The Quest, Pineview Highlands, Redwood, The Fox, Grayling Country Club, The Garland Resort.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT ARE SATURDAY TO SATURDAY ONLY, PLEASE. MONTHLY RATES NOT AVAILABLE DURING PEAK SEASON.