We have a New House Manager that is Amazing and has eliminated the issue in the bad reviews.
We are priced at a price point that will allow the average American to get out of the USA and enjoy themselves on a beautiful native island of Mexico. Our prices, if lower than normal, indicate nothing else but that.
We have had two reviews that were not very good. I believe if you average all reviews and read my responses for those bad reviews, you will find this is not the normal impression for Casa Marlin.
Our Casa is located in a local neighborhood, median income area.
It is a beautiful 2 bedroom house, 1 block from the noncommercialized beach for laying out, a quiet neighborhood.
This is the link to the google map to see location: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Casa+Marlinemail@example.com,-86.726086,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x8f4c256c7f88a35f:0x2f6dca8c8ee71c11!8m2!3d21.2231617!4d-86.7238973
* PRIVATE POOL IN BACKYARD
* BBQ grill on back porch by pool
*ROOFTOP OCEAN VIEW with amazing ocean breeze (HANG ON TO YOUR HAT) (see photos) for Sunbathing and Relaxing (see Photo)
*FREE Wireless Internet
*FREE (ROKU, FREE NETFLIX and whatever free channels you like on Roku.) for rainy days, which are rare on this island.
*FULL kitchen with coffee maker, stove/oven, refrigerator, microwave, dishes, silverware, cooking utensils, pots, glasses, pans, (see photo)
*Convenience store 1.5 blocks away for drinks and also chips , soda and other little things.
*2 SAFE Restaurants within 2 blocks of house (meaning we have never gotten sick eating there)
* 1 SAFE Restaurant 5 blocks with good tender Steak (Thin cut because that's the best here)
* Many Restaurants Downtown that are SAFE just email me and I can send you the list.
* Socially and physically SAFE island that houses the MEXICAN NAVY and MEXICAN MARINES. They are awesome. They Drive the island 24/7 watching for problems.
* We see little children playing on our street and around the island after 8-9 at night. This is normal here, NOT IN AMERICA!!!
*Taxis from Casa to Centro (downtown), Casa to Playa Norte (North Beach)Approx 32 pesos (Tips are appreciated 5 pesos is plenty)
* All of our neighbors are very nice and helpful if you need help finding anything. (Must be good at Pictionary)
* we are a phone call or email or text message away if you need help also.
* REMEMBER THIS IS AN ISLAND. IT USED TO BE A JUNGLE, THERE ARE SMALL LIZARDS 1-3 inches long that you will see in the house on the walls periodically, no not hundreds but one or two. They are actually very cute. There is also SMALL ANTS 1/16 of an inch in size that you will see periodically in the kitchen area on the counter. They basically clean up little microscopic morsels of food that we humans miss or don't see. Please wipe down the counters with soapy water after you are finished preparing any food, this will minimize their activity.
Sorry but it is like this all over the island, unless you stay at the hotels where they spray weekly for the ants.
If these things scare you or make you weary just call us and we can calm your fears.
* PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS PURCHASED FROM A VERY LOW INCOME MEXICAN FAMILY. DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING UNLESS WE TELL YOU OR YOU ASK US. THINGS BREAK SOMETIMES. WE ARE STEPPING OUT OF OUR ZONE AND RENTING OUT OUR LIFE DREAM OF HAVING A VACATION HOME ON AN ISLAND. WE HAVE SEEN MANY POOR REVIEWS ON OTHER HOUSES WHERE RENTERS NITPICK TO DEATH. IF YOU ARE 'ONE OF THOSE' PLEASE DON'T RENT FROM US!!!
** Now for the upside we are normal Americans that work hard and will help with whatever possible when you are here. We want you to enjoy the island. We will give you locals Names and where to find them if you need help just in case we don't text or email you back within your time restraints.