Casa Marlin , Fall Special 2 Bedroom W/Private Pool Carribean View from Rooftop
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Beautiful 2 bedroom house, 1 block from the noncommercialized beach for laying out, a quiet neighborhood.
This is the link to the google map to see location: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Casa+Marlinemail@example.com,-86.726086,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x8f4c256c7f88a35f:0x2f6dca8c8ee71c11!8m2!3d21.2231617!4d-86.7238973
* PRIVATE POOL IN BACKYARD
* BBQ grill on back porch by pool
*ROOFTOP OCEAN VIEW with amazing ocean breeze (HANG ON TO YOUR HAT) (see photos) for Private Sunbathing and Relaxing (see Photo)
*FREE Wireless Internet
*FREE (ROKU, FREE NETFLIX and whatever free channels you like on Roku.) for rainy days, which are rare on this island.
*FULL kitchen with coffee maker, stove/oven, refrigerator, microwave, dishes, silverware, cooking utensils, pots, glasses, pans, (see photo)
*Convenience store 1.5 blocks away for drinks and also chips , soda and other little things.
*2 SAFE Restaurants within 2 blocks of house (meaning we have never gotten sick eating there)
* 1 SAFE Restaurant 5 blocks with good tender Steak (Thin cut because that's the best here)
* Many Restaurants Downtown that are SAFE just email me and I can send you the list.
* Socially and physically SAFE island that houses the MEXICAN NAVY and MEXICAN MARINES. They are awesome. They Drive the island 24/7 watching for problems.
* We see little children playing on our street and around the island after 8-9 at night. This is normal here, NOT IN AMERICA!!!
*Taxis from Casa to Centro (downtown), Casa to Playa Norte (North Beach)Approx 32 pesos (Tips are appreciated 5 pesos is plenty)
* All of our neighbors are very nice and helpful if you need help finding anything. (Must be good at Pictionary)
* we are a phone call or email or text message away if you need help also.
* REMEMBER THIS IS AN ISLAND. IT USED TO BE A JUNGLE, THERE ARE SMALL LIZARDS 1-3 inches long that you will see in the house on the walls periodically, no not hundreds but one or two. They are actually very cute. There is also SMALL ANTS 1/16 of an inch in size that you will see periodically in the kitchen area on the counter. They basically clean up little microscopic morsels of food that we humans miss or don't see. Sorry but it is like this all over the island. Unless you stay at the hotels where they spray weekly for the ants.
If these things scare you or make you weary just call us and we can calm your fears.
* PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS PURCHASED FROM A VERY LOW INCOME MEXICAN FAMILY. DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING UNLESS WE TELL YOU OR YOU ASK US. THINGS BREAK SOMETIMES. WE ARE STEPPING OUT OF OUR ZONE AND RENTING OUT OUR LIFE DREAM OF HAVING A VACATION HOME ON AN ISLAND. WE HAVE SEEN MANY POOR REVIEWS ON OTHER HOUSES WHERE RENTERS NITPICK TO DEATH. IF YOU ARE 'ONE OF THOSE' PLEASE DON'T RENT FROM US!!!
** Now for the upside we are normal Americans that work hard and will help with whatever possible when you are here. We want you to enjoy the island. We will give you locals Names and where to find them if you need help just in case we don't text or email you back within your time restraints.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
This is a US cell phone-JOHN
Member since: 2014
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
The Island does not have much to do for the kids, but the beaches are awesome and safe. So if that's all they need they will be fine. There is a basketball court downtown and also about 1/2 mile from the house...moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Shower, toilet, Sink with countertop.
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
Local Services & Businesses
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Beach View:
- Ocean View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Fall and Winter High Season
Nov 1 - Jun 15, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- Cleaning fee $50
- Taxes Not included
*accept payments Via PayPal
*Door Lock is push number combination lock. Your code will be emailed or text messaged (your choice) to you 1 day before your arrival.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Car: Not Necessary
**Maria's KanKin** is a little hidden Jewel, if you want a private Beach, this is the place. 100 pesos (8 USD) in purchases at the restaurant will give you Beach Access all day.. The restaurant owners (young husband and wife from Argentina) are awesome.
**Mango Cafe is awesome and about 3/4 of a mile from our house
They have great food and all the waiters speak english and spanish
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: Fell in love with the island in 2011, We went back in 2013 and found a house we wanted.. The natives culture and their great attitudes toward life and living on little has captivated us.
Why the Owner Chose La Gloria, Isla Mujeres, Q.R., Mexico:
Our friends who own, The Shell House (Casa Caracol) (it is a a Must see) on Isla helped us choose this little Jewel of a Casa. It needed allot of tender loving care in the beginning but has matured nicely with the help of the skilled concrete workers. The Casa went from no windows in the back and no back door, with just rubble as a kitchen floor to a beautiful place to stay and relax. This is not a million dollar home but it is a nice quiet place to stay.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
it is away from the downtown area, so,if you want to be left alone and not see allot of people you can just sit on the rooftop and listen and watch the Carribean waves roll in. But if you prefer to go downtown for awhile it is only 32 pesos ($2.50 USD) each way for a taxi. You can stay at home and cook, or you can walk two blocks and eat Authentic mexican food for a fair price, about $8 per person. A convenience store 1 1/2 blocks away for eggs to cook for breakfast or a little snack throughout the day. For Drinks and snacks just walk 1 1/2 blocks to the north, and there you go, beer for about $1.00 each, buy one or buy 6 (you just take how ever many you want out of the 6 pack..😃). If you walk two blocks to the west you can see Cancun on one side of the Island and the Carribean on the other. Golf carts are about $55USD per day. (You have to leave your Drivers license as security deposit). But they are sure worth it to ride around the island. We have never had a problem with getting our license back or them stealing the info on it. REMEMBER they know that tourism is their livelihood so they are all very nice to tourist. They respect us and of course we respect THEIR ISLAND. Rene and Rene restaurant downtown is a little place that can easily be missed, DONT MISS IT. Rene (the Awesome host) and Rene (the Amazing Cook, his wife) are so nice. (He will even teach you a little Spanish if you ask).
- Primary: +1 615-785-2803 This is a US cell phone-JOHN
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Sunbathing chair and pool
Couch with our new cushions...Yeahh!!
View from the Rooftop.
Our new wood corner with new colorful pillows for the couch.
Master bedroom with NEW BEDSIDE LIGHTS AND USB outlets for charging electronics
Wardrobe in Master bedroom with 32' TV.
Second bedroom Wardrobe
Kitchen (refrigerator and stove in another photo)
our Little house Lizard, you may see her climbing on the wall sometimes.
couch with our new light hung and USB ports on outlets to charge phone or Ipads
Front of Casa Marlin
Sunrise from Rooftop of Casa Marlin
Our new custom made cushions for our couch
Full Length Mirrored Closet Doors
Dining room and kitchen
View of Dining room from Kitchen
Back Patio and Grill and pool (finally finished)😀😀
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Saturday, December 03, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.