About the property
- Condo750 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 3 nights
1 Bd / 1 Ba With Sofa / Sleeper; Sleeps 4. Spectacular View of Mtns and Aspens.
It is hard to describe the feeling of waking up to this fabulous view and grandeur from your balcony, bedroom & dining windows. This recently remodeled 1bd/1ba condo home is a corner unit with a large extra side window which provides spacious lighting and openness - no tunnel-vision hotel feeling here.
The breathtaking Alpine views of the Rocky Mountains and its Aspen trees provide incredible peace and tranquility, especially after a long day of skiing, hiking or biking. You are just 1 mile north of the Purgatory/Durango Mountain Ski Resort but miles away from all of its noise and congestion. A free shuttle takes you there and backs (no driving/parking hassles). After a fun day full of activities, you will just want to relax on your balcony taking in the stunning views or in one of our 3 spas. A glass of wine and the fragrance of your favorite meal is the perfect way to end the day.
***Our Fabulous Amenities***
• Spacious, newly remodeled unit that sleeps 4
• King-size bed with memory-foam mattress
• Queen size sofa/sleeper with brand new memory foam mattress
• Full size bathroom with oversize jacuzzi tub
• Full kitchen with all plates, glasses, utensils and cooking pots & pans; ice maker, oven,
• Microwave, 2 coffee makers (including a Keurig with complementary coffee paks), toaster, dishwasher
• 2 flat screen TV’s with DVD player (and we also provide some great movies and classic board games)
• Corner fireplace with all the free wood you can use
• Bluetooth/CD/FM stereo player
• Washer/Dryer in unit
• Free High-speed internet, WiFi, Cable TV and land-line phone
• Locked ski closet
• Complete sets of towels & linens
• Covered parking for 2 vehicles
• Welcoming bottle of wine (for watching the sunset on the mountains from your balcony)
***Cascade Village Amenities***
• Huge heated indoor pool
• 1 indoor spa and 2 outdoor hot tubs
• Men’s & women’s saunas and dressing rooms
• Exercise room & equipment
• Tennis Court
• Gas BBQ’s
• Ski Shuttle – Free!
• Ski Shop on premises (skis, shoe shoes and equipment)
• Snowmobiling, sleigh rides & dog sledding
• Incredible hiking trials!
• World-class mountain biking
• River rafting
• Stream, waterfalls and lakes
• Horseback riding
• And did we mention Incredible views and sightseeing; deafening quiet and tranquility
• Purgatory/Durango Mountain ski area
• Alpine Slide
• River rafting
• Many unique local restaurants and breweries
• Town of Durango – Wonderful historic western town full of lore, shopping, restaurants and cultural events
• Town of Silverton – the preserved but active western mining town which features various mine tours, shops & eateries
• Durango-Silverton Railroad – world famous steam engine railroad line offering fantastic views
• Mesa Verde National Park - go back to the time of our nation's first inhabitants and their incredible dwellings built into the sides of cliffs.
• Fort Lewis College and its Performing Arts Center
• Music in the Mountains – an exceptional world famous summer music festival
• Art Galleries
• Trimble Hot Springs
• Baker’s Bridge – above the natural river gorge where much of the movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was filmed.
• Jeep/ATV/snowmobile/bicycle rentals
• Bar D Chuckwagon and musical review
• Outstanding melodrama productions (where you are encouraged to boo the villains)
State Sales Tax #30068158
Annelle & Gary Leonhard
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 22, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Great time at Purgatory
We really enjoyed our stay here. The condo was clean and had plenty of room for the 3 of us. The sofa bed had a memory foam mattress which made it more comfortable. The drive to the ski area was only about 5 minutes which was really nice. We also took advantage of the indoor hot tub and pool which were also very nice after a long day of skiing/boarding. I would definitely stay here again.
Condo was clean and had everything you need. Nice that he bathroom was large with double vanities. Close to tennis court and pool. Unfortunately the kids game room was in sad shape. None of the game worked and the pool table was useless as the pool sticks had no felt ends on them. The pool and hot tubs were nice to have after a day of skiing.
Clean and comfy
We felt at home from the beginning of our stay!! Thoughtful touches..comfy bed. Beautiful view..perfect for the mountain lover.
We felt right at home. The condo was clean, comfortable and well stocked. They thought of everything right down to an assortment of stuffed animals that keeper my 7 year old busy for hours. I would highly recommend this condo
Very nice condo with wonderful views. Nice pool and hot tub.
Nice condo but don't go in the off-season
First, the condo is quite well equipped and looks like it would be perfect for a ski trip. Gary (the owner) was incredibly nice. The reason I'm giving this three stars is that we went in the off-season and found very little to do 30+ minutes from Durango. Most importantly, one of the key reasons we booked this condo was for the indoor pool and hot tub that are advertised. But we couldn't even use those. The indoor pool was freezing; I don't think it was heated at all. The indoor hot tub was boarded up and the outdoor hot tubs were lukewarm (which was not even enough to warm our feet from the snowy walk to get to them). So we were not able to use the spa facilities like we had hoped. Since it was the off season (and snowed while we were there), there was really not much else to do. We ended up leaving a day early. Don't count on the pool and hot tubs at this location.
The San Juan Mountains in southwestern Colorado offer breathtaking scenery of the Rocky Mountains, lakes, rivers, forests and Aspen groves. The offer both action packed adventures as well as incredible peace and serenity.
Whether it be the active life outstanding skiing, snowmobiling, rafting, world-class mountain biking, hiking, off-roading, fishing, tennis, horseback riding or just being able to get away to incredible quiet & serenity with breathtaking scenery of grand mountains, forest, Aspens, rivers and lakes -- its all here!
The nearby historic western town of Durango and the old mining town of Silverton are link by the world-famous Durango-Siiverton Railroad. Both towns offer fabulous history as well as the amenities of fine restaurants, shopping and cultural events. The nearby Mesa Verde National Park will take you back to the time of our nation's first inhabitants and their incredible dwellings built into the sides of cliffs.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates above do not include taxes or fees. We do not require a damage deposit as the majority of guests treat our property respectfully. If damage is discovered or excessive cleaning is required, renter agrees to reimburse owner for the cost of repair/cleaning. If booking within 30 days of arrival, the full balance is due immediately. Must be 25 years of age with a valid credit card to reserve.