- english, french, spanish, portuguese
Why Luis Dinis chose Lisbon Old Town
Come feel the life in a traditional and popular old Lisbon neighborhood! You will be living very comfortably in this remodeled house, in the 1st floor of an ancient building, with 3 bedrooms, living room and kitchen.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Sweet apartment with all the facilities you need and a great location. The bathroom was kinda small.
Overall we enjoyed our stay in this apartment. We had all the facilities we need and the location was great. The only thing that kinda disappointed us was the oder of the bathroom.
Thank you again for staying here, for taking good care of the house and for being such nice guests! It was a pleasure to host you, you are welcome anytime.
This property is my small family business and a review goes a long way for us. I work very hard for 5-Star reviews as they help my business a lot!
I just left you a review too. I hope this will help in future reservations you make on Airbnb.
All the best, until the next time,
Central location but hot and noisy
This apartment is in a great location, close to central shopping area, the river front and the barrio alto. The tram at the top of the street goes to alfama via the central shopping area and the cathedral and was a really useful way to get around. The apartment is comfortable and well equipped, but we did not cook there. It was very hot during our stay and there is no air con. The third bedroom has no external window and was a little stuffy as a result and very hot. The street was very noisy at night (mid week) and thus leaving the windows open was problematic. We had two older people and two teenagers among our group and so we weren't in a position to join the party! I'd stay here again but not during summer time. The restaurant below the apartment and the bigger one on the far side of the junction both served great food.
Great apartment and great location!
The apartment was everything we expected and more. It was very clean, spacious, and conveniently located. We were walking distance from great restaurants, bars and shops while still having peace and quiet at night. Would definitely stay here again and will recommend to friends.
The perfect place for us
Luis, thank you very much for all your help and doing during our 3 week stay. We had a great family reunion and everybody enjoyed staying in the cute apartment which had everything we needed . The most I liked was the cloth line outside of the window ....I used it a lot.
We all loved the charm around the apt. and the typical older clean Lisbon side street it was located on. Around the corner was the hassle and bustle of the vibrant city and we felt during our stay that we became part of the Lisbon way of life. The people of Lisbon are very nice, friendly and helpful.
The location could not be better. Because it is so central it was easy for us to get around to all the places we wanted to visit. All the div. transport systems - the 28, cable car, train, subway, hop on hop off - all are in walking distance......perfect.
Thanks again for your great hospitality and help.
I stayed here with 4 frie...
I stayed here with 4 friends for the Optimus Alive festival for 4 nights. We fancied a change from the usual camping and opted to stay in this apartment seeking a little bit of comfort!
The apartment was beautiful and we all fell in love with it's quirkiness. It was huge and we had lots osf space for the 5 of us. The apartment was spotless, immaculately clean. the beds were so comfortable too. The location was great, close by to all the nightlife, bars and restaurants etc. It could be a noisy at night with people making their way around but it did not bother us at all.
Luis was very informative, showing us all around the apartment and giving us lots of advice on where to go in the city.
I would highly recommend this apartment to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Lisbon.
"Cozy apartment with all ...
"Cozy apartment with all amenities. Convenient location. Nearby restaurants and shops and the tram stop number 28)) The apartment is suitable for two families with children."
- To go from the airport to the apartment I suggest you take a taxi. This is much easier and faster than to take public transportation because there is no direct transport from the airport to this area, and the taxi is not expensive. The taxi should take about 20 min and cost around 15 Euros (be warned, taxis from the airport are known for trying to charge more sometimes). The address is "Rua do Almada, 38 - 1st floor". It is a small street in a traffic restricted area, but the taxis can go in. This area is also known as "Bica". The taxi can also drop you off at the end of the "Largo do Calhariz" (the beginning of "Calçada do Combro"), in front of the street "Rua Marechal Saldanha", which is where you enter the traffic restricted area. From here it's only 50 meters to the apartment door.
- If you are arriving in Lisbon by car, you can use a public parking that is just 100m from the apartment. The apartment is in a restricted traffic street so you can't park at the door.
The RUA DO ALMADA apartment is ideally located in the center of Lisbon in the typical neighborhood of Santa Catarina. This is one of the best places to stay when visiting Lisbon. You can easily visit the whole historic city center on foot, because you are at the center! The street is very central but not noisy. The address is "Rua do Almada, 38-1º" (you can see it on Google Maps but write "Rua do Almada, 40, Lisbon" for the correct location).
- You are just 2 minutes away from the famous "Bairro Alto" nightlife and less than 5 minutes from the trendy "Cais do Sodré" bars.
- 2 minutes from the beautiful viewpoint of "Santa Catarina" (also known as "Adamastor" because of the statue of the giant in the park) where you see the whole river, the south side and the famous "25 de Abril" bridge.
- less than 5 minutes from "Luis de Camões" square and the shopping district of "Chiado".
- less than 10 min to the shopping district of "Baixa", the "Rossio" square and the splendid "Liberdade" avenue.
- 15 min walk from the Lisbon moorish castle ("Castelo de São José").
- 15 min walk from the "Alfama" quarter, which is like a wonderful maze of narrow streets
- 1 min to the world famous typical nr.28 electric trolley.
- less than 5 min to the subway (300m), buses, taxis.
- 5 min to the "Rossio" train station (to the "Estoril" and "Cascais" coast).
- 5 min to the "Cais do Sodré" train station (to the beautiful town of "Sintra").