This beautiful home w/a rustic cabin design is nestled in the woods at the end of a cul-de-sac. Features a well designed floor plan with vaulted wood ceilings & windows galore which brings the outside into the home. Two hand carved log posts finish off the kitchen and offers an open feel to the living area. The deck offers a hot tub and wonderful views of the surrounding woods. The kitchen layout is a cook's delight and is great for entertaining & just had new granite installed. The master suite is on the ML & features a large private bath with his/hers vanity, new granite & large walk-in shower and 6 x 12 WI closet. The living area has a gorgeous stone fireplace to cozy up to on cold nights. Upstairs you'll find 2 BR's, a full BA, also with new granite, & large sitting area great for relaxing. Finished LL walkout with family rm., BR w/WI closet & bath.
- House3300 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Min Stay2 - 7 nights
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, 3300 Square Feet, Hot Tub
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- Aug 14, 2018
About Patrick Burns
This home is a wonderful vacation retreat for our Chicago family and we would like to share it with you. We use this home year round as the area is remarkable in all seasons. The hot tub on the deck is our favorite spot to relax. Our home is just a quick drive to downtown Saugatuck and Oval Beach.
Patrick Burns purchased this House in 2007
Why Patrick Burns chose Saugatuck
Saugatuck is a spectacular town, whether you come for fall colors, a winter snowy retreat, the green of spring or the sunshine of summer.
What makes this House unique
Our home is located next to a nature preserve above Silver lake for beautiful hikes in all seasons.
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
We enjoyed our stay here and would consider returning the next time we vacation in the area.
We enjoyed our stay here and would definitely consider returning the next time we decide to vacation in the Saugatuck/Douglas area. In addition to the information provided in the listing, here are some other observations.
- Large attractive house with plenty of space for people to share (or escape to if need be).
- Great place for 2-3 families to share or for one family with grown kids and grandkids.
- Two bedrooms (queen and two twins) plus loft sleeping area (queen bed) and shared full bath on 2nd floor. Large master suite with king bed and en suite bathroom on 1st floor. Large bedroom with king bed and full bath access on lower level.
- Great residential location with large, wooded lots and space between houses.
- Quiet neighborhood with friendly folks who will say “Hi” and chat you up, in a nice way, on your walks.
- For cyclists, the streets in the neighborhood provide a nice 6.7 mile ride without having to deal with cars on through roads. (Although the roads around the neighborhood are not busy roads.) I just kept taking all the right turns into the side streets and did a U-turn where the main road met the through road.
- Easy access to the roads north to Holland (about 7 miles) and beyond to Grand Rapids (20 or so miles), Grand Haven, and Muskegon.
- Drive into Saugatuck is short and riding your bike there is very doable. Access to the bike path to Holland is about three miles from the house (near the Burger King).
- Good selection of games eliminates need to bring games from home.
- Wifi is good but limited to 1 GB/week so no video streaming or photo uploading unless you want to pay for extra access.
- TV in lower level is operational but not attached to any working source. The DirecTV receiver appears to be out-of-date and not getting a satellite signal anymore.
- There is a ping-pong table and dart board in the basement but you’d be advised to bring your own paddles, balls, and darts to use them. There was only one working dart and the paddles/balls were pretty beat up.
- The house is located on a great wooded lot with a flat section for lawn games. However, the bugs are a nuisance, particularly in the evening, so bring your bug spray and whatever else you find effective to keep the bugs away.
- Kitchen is fully stocked but if your fussy about your pots, pans, and cooking utensils you might want to bring them from home.
- You’ll pretty much have to drive everywhere as nothing is close by.
Lovely, clean multi-generation house in quiet wooded area.
The layout of this clean house on a quiet cul-de-sac helped to make it possible for three families, with children from 7 months to 15, have a good time together. We appreciated the pingpong table, darts game, the crib and children's toys. It was a hot week, but the air-conditioner never gave us problems. The owner was on vacation during our week. The manager was easily contacted, but wasn't able to do repairs. After our week I wrote the owner about items that needed to be dealt with: basement TV didn't work, deck needed sweeping and scrubbing, manager needed security system password (electricity went off and when came on, so did the alarm), washing machine knob didn't turn, 2nd floor shower head needed replacing and downstairs was damp and cold despite dehumidifier. I talked to Pat, the owner, who said that these items were in the process of being fixed. I'm sorry that these items weren't discovered and repaired "before" we came. If they had, I would have given this house a 5 star rating!
Fun with family during the Holidays
Great house. Great views. Fun time with family. Games, holiday baking, puzzles and movie watching.
Hot tub in the snow was a hit !
Exactly what we were looking for!
The house was clean and very cozy, we spent our New Years there and were very happy with the house. It was perfect for three families with 6 kids. Pat, the owner is very accommodating and responsive. Couldn't ask for more and would love to come back there in summer or next year!
Great getaway for family & friends!
This is a beautiful location close to town with every amenity u need! It is very clean! Easy to contact owner for questions and concerns. I highly recommend this great gem!
Beautiful home in the woods
Our group of 8 enjoyed staying at this property. It was very clean home in a beautiful setting. Beds were comfortable and we liked having 3 different levels for the bedrooms. There were a few things that would have made it better-- for example, for a house that sleeps 12+, there weren't even 12 regular drinking glasses. Also thought the internet policy was a bit odd-- we were limited in the amount of data we could use. It worked out fine, but maybe should be posted on rental listing so people aren't surprised. We did not have a chance to take advantage of the hot tub, but appreciated that it was there to use. Somehow did not receive check-in instructions so had to contact VRBO to receive them. We would stay here again-- great location and proximity to town.