Ancient property whose origins date back to 970 and where, in 1308, in the presence of the delegates of Florence, Pisa and Volterra the territorial borders between Volterra and San Gimignano were defined. During the course of the centuries the property was razed to the ground, subsequently rebuilt and changed owners, until in the year 1800 when it became the property of the Marquis Capponi. The Granduca di Toscana (Grand Duke of Tuscany) often stayed here while he carried out business in his territory. Situated on the summit of a hill dominating all the surrounding valleys with panoramic views that extend for many kilometers. The countryside is clad in oak forests and cypress trees interspersed with fields with their crops, vineyards and olive groves. The property has been restored internally and split into thirteen homes with one home in the main villa. In the extensive outdoor area there are two swimming pools, one (7.5x15) )(01/05-30/09) reserved for the guests staying in the villa and the other (10x20) )(01/05-30/09) is to be shared among the other apartments. A short distance away is a lake where there are wild geese. Perfect peace and quiet even if there is a secondary road 150 m below the house. There is a typical Tuscan trattoria situated a few hundred of metres from the property and where you can enjoy pleasant snacks and purchase the gastronomical delights of this local produce.
Check in: 4:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.; Check-out: 9 a.m.ACCOMMODATION: (65 m2) on 2 levels: wide living room with double sofa (satellite TV) and kitchen corner (dishwasher), 2 double bedrooms (or twin bedrooms) each one with bathroom with shower. Outside eating area. 2 extra sleeps on the sofa bed are not included in the price and to be paid for directly on the spot – euro 15/day/person). LOCATION: 6 km San Vivaldo, 10 km San Gimignano, 18 km Volterra, 45 km Siena, 65 km Florence, 60 km Versilia, 10 km golf course, 65 km Florence airport.