|Minimum Stay||2 - 5 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
In the heart of the Lake Tahoe area, this woodsy home is just the retreat you've been waiting for! With a huge deck, climb-up lofts to doze in, and cross country skiing right out the back door, this cozy rental is the perfect place for up to seven to enjoy all Lake Tahoe has to offer.
Located just ten miles outside Lake Donner and Truckee, this house is ideal for anyone who wants access to the awesome shopping, restaurants and bars in town or the beauty of the lakes! This home is even closer to the nearest ski lifts- just five miles for world-class skiing and snowboarding. Prefer to get away? The surrounding woods make it the perfect place to get some solitude.
The beautiful high, vaulted ceilings make this home feel warm and open, and with a wood-burning stove and sweet deck you'll feel totally at ease. The living room lets in plenty of light with huge bay windows, and there's a ladder that leads up to a loft with a full-sized bed to cozy up in. With an open kitchen and dining room, it's fun to cook up a delicious meal while joking with the entire family.
There are two bedrooms and one full bath, and the master bedroom has a sliding glass door that leads right outside into the trees. The second bedroom has a queen-sized bed, and another sweet loft that hides a twin bed for the kids to hang out in while the adults sip some wine and jam to some tunes on the stereo in the living room. Use the WiFi to stream some of your favorite shows, or slip a movie into the DVD/VHS player after a long day of shredding the slopes.
This laid-back home tucked away in the woods is an excellent retreat for any adventurer - with Truckee and Lake Donner only a few minutes' drive and the Trout Creek Recreation Center also nearby, this place has the easy accessibility you desire while maintaining a remote and nature-friendly vibe.
Whether you're tearing up the water on Lake Tahoe or claiming the mountains for skiing and snowboarding, this warm and relaxing home is the perfect adventure base for the whole family!
Note: the use of Tahoe Donner HOA facilities requires additional daily fees.
RCN # 469
My wife and daughter and I stayed here for a family wedding in October. The house was cozy and clean, perfect for us. So much better than staying in a hotel and at the same price! Great trails to walk behind the house, too!
Good trails on the doorstep. Historic Truckee vibrant.
Enjoyed our stay here; perfect for 2 couples. Close to downtown Truckee, easy to get to the ski resorts. Listing description was accurate, home was very clean and well-maintained. Great customer service as well!
The house was great- cozy and cute. Great for 4-6 people. Good location, easy to get to. Enjoyed our stay!
We spent a long weekend in February with our 2 kids ages 2 and 5.
1) Location is great: 5 mins to Tahoe Dinner ski resort, close to The Lodge a great restaurant in the community.
2) awesome back yard for snow play. Sleds in the garage.
3) Comfortable beds.
4) Decently stocked kitchen with cookware, towels, dishes etc
5) Nice collection of games and a smart tv you can stream your Netflix, Pandora, etc thru. Instructions on how to do this not included, we figured it out by tinkering with the remotes
6) Stays warm once base board heaters are turned on and the thermostat is set.
1) The place was not totally clean on arrival, we found lots of long hair all over the shower walls and in the drain, the coffee pot was filled with old coffee and coffee ground, dirty underwear found on the closet floor. This really bothered me
2) Lack of a solid guest binder, Tahoe donner guest passes located on the fridge, not in a binder as the check in manual states, it is ALO not clear that the door key works to open the garage, it does and there is fire wood and sleds in there.
3) Dangerous wall heater in the bathroom, kids can easily turn on and get burned with hot metal coils or possibly catch a towel on fire if not careful.
4) ice and snow not well managed on driveway or stairs. If well maintained there should not be a pile up (several inches) of ice on the stairs or upper driveway. We lived in Truckee for many years and know you need to be diligent about this to keep clear, would be nice to have this well maintained for a rental property
Overall, not my first choice to stay again based on the cleanliness. The house, fixtures, appliances are all dated (except the tv and wifi) but decently maintained so everything works fine once it get the hang of the heaters and appliances.
We enjoyed our stay in Truckee! While the major appliances are a little outdated, everything is functional and it's a great place to stay.