THE TOUCAN HOUSE – BEST VACATION RENTAL IN BELIZE!
Well done! You've just found “the best vacation rental in Belize”! We've got super friendly staff to greet and welcome you warmly; lovely accommodation to house you; and a simply outstanding location in the foothills of the Maya Mountains in Western Belize on a 5-mile lake!
Book your next Belize vacation at "The Toucan House", our warm and welcoming eco-lodge at Better in Belize EcoVillage in Cayo, Belize. Experience the magic of the rainforest in our off-grid jungle lodge in Belize.
"The Toucan House" Belize vacation home rental features 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms that can accommodate up to 11 guests. Book the entire house for larger groups or book individual rooms for solo travelers or smaller groups. Mix and match! Accommodation details and room breakdown below*.
Our Belize vacation rental home is located in an enchanting 132-acre eco-village chock full of exotic wildlife and birds. Ever wanted to see a Howler Monkey? Or a Blue Morpho Butterfly? Or an Ocelot? Or a Keel-billed Toucan? Or a Purple-Crowned Fairy Hummingbird? Book this vacation rental in Belize and discover some of the most exotic species on the planet!
The Toucan House is named for the toucans that roost in the rainforest canopy above our Belize rainforest lodge. We deliver "off-the-charts-charm factor"!
Our vacation rental in Belize is off-grid which means that we use solar energy for power and rainwater catchment for water supply. Fabulous opportunity to experience off-grid living in the Belize rainforest! Check out the alternative architecture in our Belize eco-village including a couple of Hobbit Homes. Fun to explore for all ages.
And have no fear, we've got WiFi! :-)
We offer a meal package with our Belize vacation rental for US$39/person/day which includes three home-cooked meals with non-alcoholic beverages. Meals are enjoyed outdoors under the palapa-covered dining deck. Meal Plan optional if you rent the entire house.
Please note: We are not able to accommodate people with severe or life-threatening food allergies or intolerances, e.g. peanut allergies, shellfish and gluten allergies.
Our Belize vacation rental in Better in Belize EcoVillage is entirely off-grid – with solar and rainwater catchment. Our wonderful manager and his family will be your hosts when you visit.
This Belize vacation rental offers guests a choice when renting. When you send in your rental inquiry, please specify how many bedrooms you want to rent and specify your preferred bedroom/s.
THE TOUCAN HOUSE LOWER LEVEL
(Bedrooms have separate entrances):
- BEDROOM # 1: Downstairs Bedroom with Double Bed with Single Bunk above and Sink with Shared Outdoor Bathroom/Shower;
- BEDROOM # 2: Downstairs Bedroom with Queen-size Bed and sink; shared outdoor Bathroom/Shower.
Note: Outdoor bathroom facilities are modern!
THE TOUCAN HOUSE MAIN FLOOR LEVEL
- BEDROOM # 3: Main floor Bedroom with Double bed with shared main floor bathroom;
- BEDROOM # 4: Main floor Balcony Bedroom with Double bed with shared main floor bathroom.
THE TOUCAN HOUSE LOFT LEVEL
- LOFT LEVEL BEDROOM with King-size bed (shared bathroom on main level).
FURTHER LOCATION DETAILS:
“We’re far from ordinary and close to San Ignacio!”
30 minutes from Benque Viejo del Carmen, Belize;
45 minutes from San Ignacio, Belize;
30 minutes from Xunantunich Mayan Ruins.
Our Belize jungle eco-lodge is located in Better in Belize EcoVillage, 10 ½ miles southeast of the village of Benque Viejo del Carmen in the Cayo District in Western Belize. Close to the twin towns of San Ignacio and Santa Elena in the Cayo District, this Belize home rental is ideal for adventure seekers or anyone who would like to escape to a world of wonder!
FURTHER HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS VACATION RENTAL IN CAYO, BELIZE:
• Enjoy a tour of our 132-acre eco-village! Discover fun and fabulous nooks and lookouts to explore!
• Best Star-gazing in the World! For amateur astronomers, The International Dark-Sky Association rates Belize as a super place to stargaze!
• Bonfires and Singalongs! Take a step back in time and enjoy the old-fashioned ambience of a bonfire around the outdoor fire pit at The Toucan House. Down by the Bay, anyone?
• Eco-Tourism! Check out the alternative architecture in our Belize EcoVillage – including tiny homes; earth bag homes; and daub and wattle construction.
• Fabulous Bird-watching Opportunities! Keep your eyes peeled for Yucatan nightjars, cuckoos, pygmy owls, parakeets, and more!
• Hiking! Pack a picnic lunch and trek into the Maya Mountains. Don’t forget your camera!
• Horseback riding! Giddyap! Trot over to the farm next door for a gallop off-the-beaten-track!
• Howl up a Storm! Chart the movements and antics of our resident howler monkeys.
• Jungle Pontoon Waterfalls Adventure Tour! Hop aboard and explore the beauty and grandeur of Vaca Lake and the 4 waterfalls that spill into the lake. This is a full day of adventure right in the backyard of Better in Belize. Spend the day on a jungle cruise with stops at different waterfalls deep within the heart of the Mayan mountains! Enjoy cliff jumps, tubing, swimming and a waterfall you can climb! Perfect for all ages and fitness levels. Be on the lockout from the boat for rare birds and exotic flora and fauna! Day-long tour with lunch included. Must be booked in advance.
• Medicinal Plants! Find and identify Maya medicinal plants in our tropical rainforest!
• Nap! Grab a snooze in the hammock. Fall asleep to birdsong!
• Photography! Snap some “Bucket-List pics”!
• Read a Book! This is the place to dump your devices (if you can!) and kick back and read that treasured novel. Yes, we have Wi-Fi if you can’t go cold turkey from the wired world.
• Tours! Organized tours are available and include Horseback Riding, Che Chem Ha Cave Tour, Cave Tubing, Xunantunich Mayan site, The Forgotten Jungle City, and Caracol Mayan ruins. Email us for more info.
• Visit our Neighbors! Mosey across the road from Better in Belize and visit our neighbors who make homemade cheese and cashew wine, a sweet wine that tastes somewhat like port or sherry. You may go nuts for this beverage!
• Yoga! Climb to the top of Rainbow’s Roost, our ridge view lookout and practice your Sun Salute. OM-azing!
Come stay in a really cool off-grid home in a land of adventure and magic – The Toucan House at Better in Belize EcoVillage – the best vacation rental in Belize!
Please rent a 4-wheel drive vehicle as the road from Benque Viejo to Better in Belize EcoVillage is gravel. Jeeps are not recommended due to their short wheel base.
This is a perfect family vacation spot if you’re into a super natural environment showcasing the pristine and awesome wonders of a tropical rainforest. Super Belize vacation rental for winter-worn snowbirds or singles/couples/families in search of adventure year-round!
Ask about our Belize weekly vacation rentals!
Book your Belize vacation rental today!
Please note that our “Cancellation Policy” is no refunds for cancellations of bookings.