One Bedroom, Downtown Friday Harbor; Pet Friendly
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-2 nights
- Property type:Bungalow
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
This lovely one bedroom 'Fisherman' Suite has a separate private entrance around the back of the house. You enter from a fenced and covered porch. There is a full bath with shower, a double bed in the bedroom and a single convertible bed in the living room. It also enjoys a very complete kitchenette with refer, micro, coffee pot, toaster and all the dishes necessary for a vacation stay. There is plenty of off street parking and privacy.
Member since: 2007
- 750 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3, Beds for 3
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Guest Access: The Fisherman has a private entry around back with a combo entry lock Interaction with Guests: Guests are left completely on their own. We are available at any time to answer questions, there is a great selection of info about the island available in each suite. The Neighborhood: Acanthus Suites is in the old historic Argyle neighborhood. There are several restored historic homes both next door and across the street. It is a very easy walk to town. There is a bus system to the other side of the island, bikes, electric bikes, mopeds and cars to rent. Plus many of the whale watch vessels and kayak operators depart from right from the Port of Friday Harbor only 3 blocks away. Our island has so much to offer!! We have year around resident Orca whales to see, wonderful kayaking along our shores, the largest number of nesting bald Eagle in the continental USA, 2 large National parks with numerous hiking trails...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Towels Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 20 - Apr 3, 2017
2 night min stay
Apr 4 - Sep 25, 2017
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning $60 + tax
- Tax Rate 10.3%
Check in 4 pm
Check out 11 am
All Suites are non smoking
Please no parties and all quiet after 11 PM.
Every effort has been made to sound proof the rooms from each other.
Pets are only allowed in this suite
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Many birds reside here in the winter, most beautiful are the Trumpeter Swans and the Great Blue Heron, plus the largest population of Bald Eagles outside of Alaska, reside in the San Juan Islands. We have 3 National Parks on our small beautiful island so there are a lot of opportunities for hiking on the well marked trails.
Friday Harbor Vacation Rentals
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: Acanthus Suites is owned and operated by Mother and Son Team; Lynn Danaher and Ryan Bennett. Both arrived from Alaska to Friday Harbor in May of 1994 and worked together to create San Juan Excursions, offering both whale watching and sea kayak tours. Sold in 2000. Lynn started to expand into repurposing under-utilized commercial properties in downtown Friday Harbor, with a primary focus on historic restoration. Ryan traveled extensively for several years working in the snowboard and skiing industry. He returned to Friday Harbor in 2008 to assist his Mother, Lynn to co-manage the family business. They have expanded to own 4 historic homes along Argyle Ave. which are used as vacation rentals and commercial offices.
Why the Owner Chose Friday Harbor, WA, USA:
This was an underutilized commercial property in a great location. It was beautifully restored and needed some creative thought as to how to best apply it's attributes to our visitor industry.
The Unique Benefits at this Bungalow:
Classic craftsman style, very well preserved, lots of square footage guaranteeing spacious suites, that are both convenient to downtown Friday Harbor and all the activities available on San Juan Island. A true gem!!
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - our web site featuring all our suites
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Fisherman Suite welcomes pets!
COVERED AND FENCED DECK WITH SEATING
THE FISHERMAN SUITE IS NAMED IN HONOR OF ONE OF OUR MOST IMPORTANT INDUSTRIES
SEATING AREA WITH ORIGINAL ART AND CONVERTIBLE COUCH
A WONDERFUL OLD POSTER FROM THE 60'S SAYS IT ALL
ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL VIEWS
OR FLY TO OUR ISLANDS IN A SEAPLANE FOR A REAL ADVENTURE & SCENIC VIEWS
SEE OUR ORCA WHALES FROM A VESSEL OR KAYAK
WE HAVE THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF NESTING BALD EAGLE OUTSIDE OF ALASKA
WITH 3 NATIONAL PARKS THE HIKING IS EXCELLENT
THE FISHERMAN SUITE HAS A PRIVATE ENTRANCE AND FENCED & COVERED PORCH
Big back yard, plenty of parking and room for a dog.
DRIVEWAY TO THE BACK WITH LOTS OF OFF STREET PARKING
THE MURAL ON THE ACE BUILDING CELEBRATES THE COMMERCIAL FISHERMAN
KITCHENETTE WITH ALL YOU NEED
BEDROOM WITH DOUBLE BED
HALF THE FUN IS GETTING HERE...RIDE THE FERRY
THE ARRIVAL TO FRIDAY HARBOR IS MAGICAL
OUR CHARMING HISTORIC SEAPORT
KAYAKING IS A FAVORITE ACTIVITY
BIKING OUR ISLAND IS ALWAYS FUN
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 01, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM