THE LODGE AT WOODLAND CAMPS ON GREAT POND
This is the real McCoy, built in 1920 as the centerpiece of Woodland Camps, at that time a set of fishing camps. The Lodge was converted from the central gathering place to a beautiful place for family to relax on the lake. The surrounding cabins are used as summer getaway for both owners and renters.
The Lodge sits among the pines and hemlocks of Long Point on Great Pond. The western views overlook the lake and the Kennebec Highlands beyond. Watching sunsets from the 60 foot porch is a favorite pastime. The “main room” encompasses the living area, dining and kitchen facilities, all focusing on the huge original stone fireplace, in working order of course. In addition, there are 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths. The interior totals about 2000 square feet and the porch is 60x10. Two of the four bedrooms open onto the porch, including the master with private full bath.
- Fully equipped, spacious kitchen, opens to living area; generous counter -space and storage. Pleasant dining area overlooking lake as well.
- The living area focuses on the fireplace wit, full glass lakeside wall overlooking the lake.
- Bedrooms include: Queen (master), Full (2nd bedroom opening to porch, and spacious 3rd bedroom) and Twins in 4th bedroom.
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms.
- 24 foot wooden dock, protected by jetty so no mooring needed.
- Gas grill, picnic table, and rockers on porch.
- Propane wall furnace if needed, wood for fireplace on hand.
- Canoes and kayaks
ACTIVITIES AND ATTRACTIONS:
The Belgrade Lakes Area has much to offer those who choose to look around. Of course the lake provides swimming, boating, fishing, canoeing/kayaking. Rental boats available on the lake. Local shopping at gift shops and the local grocery store, as well as trips to “town” for movies, libraries, etc. Hiking is available at all levels, some great hill and mountain trails within 15 minutes of the camp. A great golf course (Belgrade Lakes Golf Course) is 10 minutes by car, as well as many others within a short drive. Day trips to the coast of Maine are within reach, such as Boothbay Harbor, Camden and Rockland, and of course Freeport for the L.L. Bean shoppers. Summer theatre available in Monmouth, Lakewood, and Brunswick, among others.
RATES for 2015
May 9 – June 26 (low season) $1,200 per week
June 27 - Sept 6(high season) $1,700 per week
Sept 7 - October 15 (low season) $1,200 per week
Maine Sales Tax 9% applies to all rentals
Linens available for $100.00
Cleaning fee $125.00
Offseason: Spring and Fall Weekends $500, each additional night $150
8 people maximum, no smoking in building
Sorry - no pets allowed
Arrival Sat. 2p.m., Departure Sat. 9:30 a.m.
Calendar is accurate and up to date.