Private Studio in North Portland with Large Kitchen Close to Max Light Rail(17 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Newly finished, dog-friendly basement apartment with a full kitchen
* Private access is through a side door and a shared laundry area.
* The large kitchen features a full-sized gas range, stainless steel mini-fridge, sink, and all of the things you'll need to cook great meals (It's actually better than our kitchen upstairs!).
* The queen-size bed is on the firmer side and there are different types of pillows for different types of sleepers.
* The couch folds out into a queen size sleeper sofa in case you need to sleep an extra person or two.
* There is a wall mounted 32' television with Roku (that means unlimited Netflix, HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, and Hulu!).
* In the bathroom, there is a stand up shower and lots of storage.
* A washing machine and dryer are located steps from your unit.
* We have Comcast high-speed internet that gets good reception in the unit.
* Other amenities include: whole bean coffee, tea, iron, hair dryer, fan, laundry, equipped kitchen, chickens (with eggs!).
We are located on a quiet street near the intersection of N Lombard and N Fenwick about five miles north of downtown Portland and two miles south of downtown Vancouver. Our house is a five minute walk to the Lombard TC MAX light rail station which can get you to downtown in 25 minutes or the Convention Center in 20 minutes. We are also really close to Vancouver's downtown, St. Johns, Mississippi, Alberta, and the Columbia River.
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BOOK:
1) The studio is located in the basement of our house. This means you will hear footsteps between the hours of 7am and 10pm on weekdays, and 8am and 11pm on weekends. We both work full time and keep quiet hours after 10pm. We also have two dogs that sometimes make noise. If you are sensitive to noise during waking hours, this may not be the best place for you.
2) We like to know who our guests are, as the unit is located in our home. When you contact us, please tell us a little about yourself and why you are coming to Portland. We will gladly answer any questions you have about the neighborhood and the apartment.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2014
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 3
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Eco Tourism
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Area
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 2 - Mar 31, 2017
3 night min stay
Apr 1 - May 25, 2017
3 night min stay
May 26 - Sep 9, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Cleaning $40 + tax
- Tax Rate 11.5%
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
Please note that the unit is located in the basement of our home. It has a private entrance, but you will hear some footsteps during normal waking hours.
We have a valid short-term rental permit from the City of Portland that ensures the unit meets safety standards. Our permit number is 15-126200-000-00-HO
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: Chad and I are an adventurous couple from Portland, OR who love backpacking, kayaking, and exploring Portland. We got married in summer 2014. Chad hails from Phoenix and is a huge AZ Cardinals fan. He also loves rock climbing, animals, and eating thai food. Emily hails from Sonoma County, California and is an urban planner who loves adventurous baking, gardening, and eating pie. Emily studied abroad in Denmark in high school and again in Germany in college. She loves meeting people from other parts of the US and from other countries and pointing them to the best things Portland has to offer.
Why the Owner Chose Kenton, Portland, OR, USA:
Kenton is our favorite neighborhood in Portland. From the Paul Bunyan statue that greets you on our Main Street, to our favorite resale shop, to the miles of bike boulevards that go through the neighborhood, we love it here. We think this area gives you a great idea of what it's like to live in a sweet little neighborhood that is quite close to all the activity on Mississippi Ave, Alberta, and the Pearl.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
We live on a quiet street that is within walking distance of the cute shops on Denver Avenue and the light rail station. It's a real Portland neighborhood with lots of kids, bikes riding by, and some favorite locals spots. We can point you in the right direction depending on what you're looking for!
- Primary: +1 5033856343 7072937265
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome home! Sleeper sofa provides extra bed space for up to two more guests.
Lots of counterspace and a bar to hang out and eat at.
Comfy bed with down comforter and several types of pillows.
Our house - your entrance is up the driveway.
Denver Avenue is a short walk and features shops and restaurants.
You can walk to two MAX stations within five minutes.
A well-stocked kitchen with gas range.
Our neighborhood coffee shop with great pastries, Posie's!
Our neighborhood mascot, Paul Bunyan. Just a five minute walk from the apartment
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.