Simple old world elegance, silence and serenity, panoramic views, and peaceful privacy awaits you in this hillside paradise. Unsurpassed, breathtaking views of Clear Lake and the feeling of being away from it all, if only for a few days.
Enjoy the spectacular views of Clear Lake and the surrounding hills while you have coffee & breakfast on the terrace, or share a romantic glass of wine from the bottle you just picked up at one of the many local vineyards in the evening. Pick your own fruit and vegetables from our garden (seasonal) while birds swirl overhead. Kick back in the rocker and read a great book in the soothing silence. Pull the yoga mat out onto the front porch for a tranquil stretch.
The interior decor is old-world style accented with woodland fantasy, idyllic and natural. Along with the panoramic views, you'll feel as if you're relaxing in the French Riviera or overlooking a Scottish Loch. Your spacious private rooms have queen-sized beds with a romantic touch, along with modern amenities like high-speed internet, WiFi, streaming video, microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator. Fitness equipment available in the Storybook Suite's alcove for your health and relaxation.
Dinning and shopping are minutes away. Wine tasting is offered by numerous local wineries. Festivals and concerts happen throughout the summer. Harbin Hot Springs and Mendocino National Forest nearby. Lake County also offers many other activities like art walks, hiking, boating, and more. See examples listed below. Full listings and pamphlets of nearby activities provided in your rooms for your convenience.
Your stay includes:
- Internet via WiFi or Ethernet, Netflix, and DVD player for your enjoyment
- A full country kitchen
- Coffee/tea provided
- Small gym with exercise ball, 8lb medicine ball, boxing gloves, and yoga mat
- Space heater, portable AC, and extra pillows/blankets available for controlled comfort
NEARBY ACTIVITIES, DINING, & RESOURCES:
Step back to a simpler time, before box stores and corporate take-overs. Find a plethora of unique shops, art, restaurants, and more on the serene north shores of Clear Lake, plus a few familiar names as well. Miles away from property in parenthesis.
- Subway (4.5)
- The Alpine Cafe (4.5)
- Foster's Freeze (4.5)
- Mexican BBQ (4.5)
- Pepper's Lakeside BBQ & Lounge (4.5)
- Kapitan's Kafe (5)
- Nice Frostie (6)
- The Marina Grill (6)
- The Harbor, Asian Cuisine (7)
***WINERIES & VINEYARDS***
- Nice Wine Co. (6)
- Seachao Strawberries (12)
- Robinson Lake Vineyards (15)
- Seely Orchard (15)
- Sol Roughe Vineyard (25)
- Red Hills Vineyards (27)
- Obsidian Ridge Vineyard (30)
- Many, many more vineyards (15-30)
- Kayak Adventures, Retail & Rentals (4.3)
- Harbor Park & Artist Village (4) Piers. Picnic Tables. Playground. Boat Launch. Small Beach. Pet Area.
- Lucerne Creek Park (4)
- Alpine Park (5) Piers. Picnic Tables. Playground.
- Visitor Center (5)
- Mendocino National Forest (15)
- Anderson Marsh Historical State Park (18)
- Clear Lake Riviera Golf Course (28)
- Buckingham Golf Course & Resort (32)
- Harbin Hot Springs (38)
- Robinson Rancheria (12)
- Running Creek (15)
- Lakeview Market & Deli (5)
- Sentry Grocery (10)
- Many, many antique shops (5-15)
Our home is situated at the top of a very steep, windy mile-long road. Although it might be a bumpy ride, it's worth it once you see the views. We're the last visible house on the right, so you feel as if you have the entire mountainside to yourselves.