About the property
- Chalet1290 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Mininum Stay1 - 4 nights
3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Sleeps 6 comfortably.
Greetings from the Ski Bear Lodge. This cozy mountain retreat, with recent upgrades, is the perfect vacation getaway. The cabin is competitively priced and conveniently located minutes from the Snow Summit and Bear Mountain Ski Resorts, as well as the Alpine Zoo and Big Bear Mountain Golf course. (You can walk to Bear Mountain Ski Resort's overfill parking lot!) It offers 3 bedrooms, 3 baths and sleeps 6 comfortably, with 2 queen size beds upstairs, and a king sized bed in the lower level. There's a futon couch both upstairs in the living room and one downstairs.
After a great day on the slopes, whether mountain biking in summer, or skiing in winter, unwind before a cozy fire or relax under the stars and enjoy a dip in the newer, 6-person hot tub.
* 6-Person Hot Springs hot tub with Weber Spirit gas grill, patio furniture and seating for 6 on a cozy deck, surrounded by a beautifully updated privacy fence.
* Wood Burning Fireplaces in both the living room and the lower level.
* Living Room features cathedral ceilings, 46" Samsung HDTV, Internet, High-Speed Wi-Fi. Netflix and Sling TV provided on all 4 TVs.
* Fully equipped kitchen - ready for cooking. Has new gas stove, microwave, new dishwasher, garbage disposal, coffee maker, slow cooker, blender, toaster, assorted spices, dishes and utensils,etc.
* Master Bedroom Suite has private bath, 40" Samsung HDTV & queen size Rough hewn Aspen log bed.
* Bedroom #2 has adjacent bath & queen size Rough hewn Aspen log bed.
* Bedroom #3 (lower level/ 14'x20') has a king size bed, a full size futon sofa-sleeper, and an adjacent full bath. 40" Samsung HDTV, and wood burning fire place also on lower level.
* A short ride to the charming Village for dining, shopping and vibrant nightlife.
* Close to hiking and mountain biking trails (including bike trails that are open at both ski resorts during the warmer months).
* Goldmine Golf course and (soon-to-be) new Big Bear Alpine Zoo are within walking distance of the cabin.
Come relax, play and create lifelong memories in this charming cabin.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Feb 27, 2018
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Snowy weekend getaway
We enjoyed our cozy weekend at this property very much. We were 4 adults and two young children and we had more than plenty of space. The cabin was fully stocked with everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Andy, the owner, was extremely accommodating and made himself readily available for any questions or concerns. The cabin was clean and we were happy we did not have to bring towels, sheets or basic cooking supplies. Behind the cabin is a nice "hill" which made for great sledding. Thanks again for such a lovely weekend getaway!
Beautiful place, fantastic host
A really nice place to stay run by even a nicer host. The place is cozy and charming with a terrific hot tub. I can’t say enough good things about Andrew, the host, who made sure everything was good with us - down to recommendations for places for our kids to play in the snow - real time via text message. Highly recommended.
Booked this for a weekend trip to Big Bear and had an amazing experience at this Cabin.
- Located Walking distant from Slopes
- Has the cozy cabin feel, but was very nicely modernized with universal outlets and a easy to use A/C Unit.
-I searched and searched for a weekend Cabin and by the end of it nothing could beat the price of this Cabin.
-My group had an amazing time and we all agreed this Cabin was a steal and a wonderful experience. If I have another weekend trip to Big Bear this will be my first search.
Thank you so much for this review!
So appreciated! My goal is to make sure everyone has a great time while staying at my cabin. Let me know when you want to come back again. It was a pleasure hosting you and your guests :-) Summer is a fun time to come up with mountain biking and hiking.
Clean and accommodating!!
We enjoyed our stay at Ski Bear Lodge! It was our family of 4 and another family of 4. There was plenty of room and the cabin is equipped with everything you may need and then some during your stay! When we first arrived the jacuzzi was a little green so I let the owner know and within 20mins he had someone over to check it out and fix it up! The owner is quick to respond and went above and beyond to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and had everything we needed. I would definitely recommend this cabin to any friends and family!
Thanks for your review Kristie! I'm glad your overall visit was a nice one! I'm sorry about the hot tub. My cleaning service is supposed to be by every week, but I think I convinced them that this new Naturel spa treatment was so good that they needed to be there less frequently. ( It relies on far less chemicals than the traditional system, but chlorine is still used). Lesson learned.
We recently stayed at this cozy retreat and loved it. It was a great vacation and the location was fantastic. We would definitely stay again!
Very nice, comfortable place in a great location.
We enjoyed our stay visiting with family in Big Bear. The house had everything we needed and more!
Thanks Pam! I try to think of everything that someone could possibly need there. I think I have more supplies there then I have at home!