- english, french, spanish, portuguese, italian
Why Andrea Grondona chose La Maddalena
The Secret Garden on the Sea is a flat surrounded by a unique mix of centenary fig, perfumed by local herbs like rosemary, myrtle and elicrysium equipped with deckchair, barbecue, table and chairs. The flat is only 30 meters from our private bay where you will be able to swim and relax in peace. Is formed by a spacious living room with double sofa bed, table and chairs, satellite tv; a double bedroom with air conditioning. There is a complete kitchen where you will be able to cook fish and other local dishes in the electric oven. The apartment has independent bathroom with shower and washing machine. The flat is part of the Residence Cava Francese: an exclusive tourist location built on the shore facing the wonderful sea of Archipelago di La Maddalena. History of the Cava: between the late '800 and early '900, this place represented the main extraction site for granite on the island. From the hills facing the shore, a rare and precious rock was caved and sold all around the world. Due to the development of concrete and higher production costs, the activity stopped suddenly in 1952. Since then, only the magalitic granite stones and ancient wooden cranes are silent witnesses of its frenetic past. After 50 years of inactivity, the Grondona Family decided to rebuild the structure and houses where stonemasons and their families used to live. The result is a unique mix of ancient and modern, surrounded by the beauty of the archipelago.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Sehr schöne Anlage
Es ist alles vorhanden was man für einen ruhigen Urlaub braucht.
Das Appartment war gepflegt und die Küchenausstattung überschaubar.
Il posto è davvero incantevole, dentro all'ex cava in un area chiusa molto tranquilla. Abbiamo portato in vacanza anche il cane con cui facevo delle belle passeggaite lasciandola libera senza pericoli. L'appartamento in cui eravamo era molto più grande di come sembrava in foto, comodo e molto carino. Lo consiglio!
How to Reach the Island:
- By Plane: the nearest airports are Olbia Costa Smeralda and Alghero where flights departing from major European capitals arrive daily in summer. Easyjet and Ryan Air also serve these airports.
- By Boat: both Olbia and Porto Torres are linked by boat transport from Italian, Spanish and French main harbours. You can ship both with cars and motorbikes and without.
- By Car: once arrived in Sardinia, the main Island, You will have to drive north to Palau to take the 15 minutes ferry to La Maddalena.
- Public transport: direct bus from Olbia Airport to Palau, then after reaching the island with a 15 ferry cruise, get the bus at the Garibaldi column ( just in front of the ferry arrival) and stop at Nido D'Aquila. There you'll be only 200 meters from the house!
There are 10 sandy and rocky beaches in a range of 1.5 km from the flat you can easily reach walking, with boat, kayak or car.
The flat surrounded by a 23 hectares private property to ensure privacy and peace of our hosts, the structure is located in the western cost of the Island of La Maddalena. . In the Residence There are 20 apartments that can host between 2 and 7 people, equipped with all the comforts (air conditioning, satellite tv, complete kitchen, private bathroom with shower and washing machine and free wifi ). The Archipelago is located off the northern costs of Sardinia, facing the French island of Corsica. Every corner of this paradise on earth hides a crystal clear pool and a tiny white sandy beach; the environment is still untouched and Mediterranean flora and fauna are still the owner of the islands. The Island: La Maddalena is the main of seven Islands that form the homonymous National Park.