For those interested in classes in Art, Spanish, Cooking, Photography, Birding, Music or merely an exceptional Vacation, San Miguel de Allende is a captivating place to visit and Casa Del Alma epitomizes the “San Miguel Experience.”
Entering Casa del Alma brings a sense of awe. You know you have entered a uniquely special sanctuary, close to everything yet quiet, serene and inspiring.
Enjoy sunrise and sunset views of the City from the roof-top Terrace. Or be entertained by frolicking Hummingbirds with morning coffee and throughout the day in the tree-shaded patio by the fountain. On cooler mornings and evenings, simply flick a switch to turn on any one of the 3 uniquely designed gas-lit Fireplaces for heat.
Kitchen, dining and living rooms plus bedrooms open onto lush patio gardens replete with various birds and butterflies. While the “Frida Kahlo Blue Wall” draws the eye upward to even more surprises.
This spacious 2-story corner home enjoys a sense of openness yet privacy between bedrooms as one is downstairs and the other upstairs.
Casa del Alma has 2 Master Suites.
The roomy downstairs “Fountain Suite” features a hand-made Wrought Iron headboard that contains a comfortable Queen Pillow-Top mattress with good support. There are side tables with reading lights, a Flat Screen TV & Blu-Ray player plus a wall-heater for the cold months. There is even an Air Conditioner for good sleeping on those occasional warm nights.
The best features are the exquisitely tiled bathroom where you can luxuriate in a shower of pressurized hot water, be lulled to sleep by the Fountain outside your window and awaken to Birdsong from the Garden Patio.
Ascending the stairway from the dining room brings you into the “Tree House Suite”. The first room upstairs, is the Family Room/Den featuring a tile and hammered-tin Fireplace, hammered-tin Cabinet, Queen Sofa-Bed and Boveda (arched brick) ceiling with a Skylight.
Inside the den cabinet find a Flat Screen HD/TV an dBose sound bar, with Canadian Satellite TV having over 100 English-speaking channels including connection to Netflix plus a Blu-Ray Player with dozens of DVD’s.
From the den, pass through the expansive hallway to the Master Bedroom. The King-sized Memory Foam Mattress boasts an elegant hammered tin headboard. Above find an Air Conditioning unit and a second Boveda ceiling with a skylight so you can view the sky and stars from your bed and awaken to birdsong from the tree outside your window.
The adjacent spacious bathroom has a full sized Tub, separate Shower, Bidet, Filtered Drinking Water and Hair Dryer. The Pressurized Water system with hot water provides an exhilarating morning or evening shower.
Both bedrooms have feather and non-allergenic Pillows, Quality Linens, Electric blankets, luxurious Duvets, Plush Towels, Hairdryers, Full-Length Mirrors and Designer Robes to enjoy during your stay. There are ample drawers and closets with felt hangars in both bedrooms.
Kitchen and Dining Room
“The kitchen was awesome… so much work space, such good quality pots and pans…”
Whether eating in or entertaining, the spacious gourmet Cook’s Kitchen is well equipped with quality utensils and cookware plus hand-painted plates and serving bowls. Additionally, there are ‘pass-through’ windows from the kitchen to the patio table where you can enjoy the antics of Hummingbirds throughout the day.
The Dining Room with its’ combination fireplace/heater and garden view is a wonderful inside place to eat. The handmade plates and serving bowls are found behind the door under the stairway.
For cool mornings & evenings, three unique gas fireplaces with thermostats provide Instant Heat. To cool the rooms, five ceiling fans ventilate both bedrooms, den, living room and kitchen. There are more portable fans, if desired, plus an air conditioning unit in the upstairs Tree House Suite.
The secure Garage has a Washer & Dryer and will accommodate a small car. [9½ by 15 feet] Additional secured paid parking is available a couple of blocks away.
There is a completely upgraded high-speed wireless Internet network set up so you can stay connected through-out the entire house & patios.
*Plus Casa del Alma provides a secure Programmable Safe for your valuables.
We are conveniently located in Colonia San Antonio, a quieter neighborhood, 10-15 minutes EZ walking to Centro, the Mercado, the Instituto and the Jardin. We prefer this area to Centro because it is a safe and more tranquil neighborhood with flat streets and less traffic. (Ask about the shortcut to the Instituto)
A short 2-minute walk around the corner on Del Refugio, you will find the “Dulce Corazon” (Sweetheart) Bakery with divine pies, cakes and pastries featuring the famous “Tres Leches” cake, along with ice cream, yogurts and more.
Further up Calle Refugio, it becomes Refugio Norte and you can find El Restaurante “La Rinconcita” 4.5* in yelp, a favorite of many locals and visitors.
From our front door walk straight ahead half block on Calle Rosal to find the small family Tienda or grocery store. Francisco and Imelda have everything from soft drinks & cold Beer to Eggs, Light Bulbs, T.P., Cheese and more. Continuing on Rosal, a 5 minute walk brings you to Canal Street. A right turn is an easy walk to the Jardin or turn left over the bridge for the best place to find Taxi’s.
A bit further across Canal street is the large San Juan de Dios Mercado [Market] with wonderful sandwiches, chile rellenos, Fresh Juices, Produce, Flowers and more. If you don’t feel like cooking or eating out, pick up a delicious (Rostasado Pollo) Roasted Chicken on Canal and enjoy it on the Patio or in the Dining Room.
A special bonus for your Mexican vacation is our housekeeper Araceli three days a week. She cleans the house, outside areas, rooms and kitchen.
As an “extra service”, Araceli will also wash & iron your clothes, shop for you and cook delicious meals, both Mexican and American. We ask that you please tip her extra for these services.
BEFORE DECIDING ON YOUR NEXT “HOME AWAY FROM HOME” PLEASE COMPARE CASA DEL ALMA WITH OTHER RENTALS:
• Have they been shown regularly on the San Miguel House and Garden Tour since 2005?
• Are they on a double corner lot – spacious, light and airy versus dark, narrow with steep stairways and small rooms?
• Do they have 33 glowing 5 star reviews on VRBO, Trip Advisor and Flip Key from previous guests?
• Do they offer high-speed reliable wireless Internet throughout the house?
• Do they offer Vonage telephone with unlimited free phone calls to the US, Canada and around the world?
• Do they provide free local phone calls, including free calls to local cellphones and 3 cordless phones plus an Answering Machine for tenant use?
• Do they offer Filtered Drinking Water with a 5-stage RO system plus UV water purifier up and downstairs?
• Do they provide pressurized Hot Water throughout the house?
• Are there 2 Flat Screen TV’s, Sonos Wi-Fi sound system, CD player plus 3 iPod players, 2 Blu-Ray players and dozens of house DVDs?
• Do they offer Canadian Satellite TV with over 100 English speaking channels?
• Do they have a large gourmet kitchen well equipped with quality pots/pans, utensils plus all necessities including excellent lighting and gorgeous dinner service, serving platters & glassware?
• Are there firm King and Queen beds with feather and non-allergenic pillows, duvets, electric blankets and quality linens?
• Are there 2½ bathrooms with great water pressure and instant hot?
• Does each bathroom have Plush towels, a Hair Dryer and Bathrobes for your stay?
• Do they have 3 gas fireplaces with thermostat control, plus additional wall-heaters in the kitchen and Fountain Bedroom.
• Are there screens on the windows?
• Are the bedrooms spacious and private because one is upstairs and the other downstairs?
• Are there Nightstands with reading lights on both sides of the beds, as well as, full-length mirrors in each bedroom?
• Is there enough Closet & Drawer Space with many Hangars?
• Is there a secure programmable safe for your valuables?
• Are there two large Patios both with tables, chairs, chaise lounges, sun-umbrella and Views of the City skyline from the upper Terrace?
• Is there intriguing artwork and excellent lighting throughout
• Do they include maid service 3 days a week with cooking and laundry services available?
• Is there a “House Manual” with house information and a guide to some shops, services & restaurants?
• Are there Street Maps for your use plus ‘Casa del Alma business cards’ with the house address and phone number for you to give to friends or taxi drivers?
If the house you are considering does not have these advantages, please read our reviews and consider choosing our home for an exceptional experience.