Casa Del Alma Will Lift Your Spirits(37 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Single Family House, 2 Suites + Den, 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 4-6)
For those interested in classes in Art, Spanish, Cooking, Photography, Birding, Music or merely an exceptional Vacation, San Miguel de Allende is a captivating place to visit and Casa Del Alma epitomizes the “San Miguel Experience.”
Entering Casa del Alma brings a sense of awe. You know you have entered a uniquely special sanctuary, close to everything yet quiet, serene and inspiring.
Enjoy sunrise and sunset views of the City from the roof-top Terrace. Or be entertained by frolicking Hummingbirds with morning coffee and throughout the day in the tree-shaded patio by the fountain. On cooler mornings and evenings, simply flick a switch to turn on any one of the 3 uniquely designed gas-lit Fireplaces for heat.
Kitchen, dining and living rooms plus bedrooms open onto lush patio gardens replete with various birds and butterflies. While the “Frida Kahlo Blue Wall” draws the eye upward to even more surprises.
This spacious 2-story corner home enjoys a sense of openness yet privacy between bedrooms as one is downstairs and the other upstairs.
The roomy downstairs “Fountain Suite” features a hand-made Wrought Iron headboard that contains a comfortable Queen Pillow-Top mattress with good support. There are side tables with reading lights, a Flat Screen TV & Blu-Ray player plus a wall-heater for the cold months. There is even an Air Conditioner for good sleeping on those occasional warm nights.
The best features are the exquisitely tiled bathroom where you can luxuriate in a shower of pressurized hot water, be lulled to sleep by the Fountain outside your window and awaken to Birdsong from the Garden Patio.
Ascending the stairway from the dining room brings you into the “Tree House Suite”. The first room upstairs, is the Family Room/Den featuring a tile and hammered-tin Fireplace, hammered-tin Cabinet, Queen Sofa-Bed and Boveda (arched brick) ceiling with a Skylight.
Inside the den cabinet find a Flat Screen HD/TV an dBose sound bar, with Canadian Satellite TV having over 100 English-speaking channels including connection to Netflix plus a Blu-Ray Player with dozens of DVD’s.
From the den, pass through the expansive hallway to the Master Bedroom. The King-sized Memory Foam Mattress boasts an elegant hammered tin headboard. Above find an Air Conditioning unit and a second Boveda ceiling with a skylight so you can view the sky and stars from your bed and awaken to birdsong from the tree outside your window.
The adjacent spacious bathroom has a full sized Tub, separate Shower, Bidet, Filtered Drinking Water and Hair Dryer. The Pressurized Water system with hot water provides an exhilarating morning or evening shower.
Both bedrooms have feather and non-allergenic Pillows, Quality Linens, Electric blankets, luxurious Duvets, Plush Towels, Hairdryers, Full-Length Mirrors and Designer Robes to enjoy during your stay. There are ample drawers and closets with felt hangars in both bedrooms.
Kitchen and Dining Room
“The kitchen was awesome… so much work space, such good quality pots and pans…”
Whether eating in or entertaining, the spacious gourmet Cook’s Kitchen is well equipped with quality utensils and cookware plus hand-painted plates and serving bowls. Additionally, there are ‘pass-through’ windows from the kitchen to the patio table where you can enjoy the antics of Hummingbirds throughout the day.
The Dining Room with its’ combination fireplace/heater and garden view is a wonderful inside place to eat. The handmade plates and serving bowls are found behind the door under the stairway.
For cool mornings & evenings, three unique gas fireplaces with thermostats provide Instant Heat. To cool the rooms, five ceiling fans ventilate both bedrooms, den, living room and kitchen. There are more portable fans, if desired, plus an air conditioning unit in the upstairs Tree House Suite.
The secure Garage has a Washer & Dryer and will accommodate a small car. [9½ by 15 feet] Additional secured paid parking is available a couple of blocks away.
There is a completely upgraded high-speed wireless Internet network set up so you can stay connected through-out the entire house & patios.
*Plus Casa del Alma provides a secure Programmable Safe for your valuables.
We are conveniently located in Colonia San Antonio, a quieter neighborhood, 10-15 minutes EZ walking to Centro, the Mercado, the Instituto and the Jardin. We prefer this area to Centro because it is a safe and more tranquil neighborhood with flat streets and less traffic. (Ask about the shortcut to the Instituto)
A short 2-minute walk around the corner on Del Refugio, you will find the “Dulce Corazon” (Sweetheart) Bakery with divine pies, cakes and pastries featuring the famous “Tres Leches” cake, along with ice cream, yogurts and more.
Further up Calle Refugio, it becomes Refugio Norte and you can find El Restaurante “La Rinconcita” 4.5* in yelp, a favorite of many locals and visitors.
From our front door walk straight ahead half block on Calle Rosal to find the small family Tienda or grocery store. Francisco and Imelda have everything from soft drinks & cold Beer to Eggs, Light Bulbs, T.P., Cheese and more. Continuing on Rosal, a 5 minute walk brings you to Canal Street. A right turn is an easy walk to the Jardin or turn left over the bridge for the best place to find Taxi’s.
A bit further across Canal street is the large San Juan de Dios Mercado [Market] with wonderful sandwiches, chile rellenos, Fresh Juices, Produce, Flowers and more. If you don’t feel like cooking or eating out, pick up a delicious (Rostasado Pollo) Roasted Chicken on Canal and enjoy it on the Patio or in the Dining Room.
A special bonus for your Mexican vacation is our housekeeper Araceli three days a week. She cleans the house, outside areas, rooms and kitchen.
As an “extra service”, Araceli will also wash & iron your clothes, shop for you and cook delicious meals, both Mexican and American. We ask that you please tip her extra for these services.
BEFORE DECIDING ON YOUR NEXT “HOME AWAY FROM HOME” PLEASE COMPARE CASA DEL ALMA WITH OTHER RENTALS:
• Have they been shown regularly on the San Miguel House and Garden Tour since 2005?
• Are they on a double corner lot – spacious, light and airy versus dark, narrow with steep stairways and small rooms?
• Do they have 33 glowing 5 star reviews on VRBO, Trip Advisor and Flip Key from previous guests?
• Do they offer high-speed reliable wireless Internet throughout the house?
• Do they offer Vonage telephone with unlimited free phone calls to the US, Canada and around the world?
• Do they provide free local phone calls, including free calls to local cellphones and 3 cordless phones plus an Answering Machine for tenant use?
• Do they offer Filtered Drinking Water with a 5-stage RO system plus UV water purifier up and downstairs?
• Do they provide pressurized Hot Water throughout the house?
• Are there 2 Flat Screen TV’s, Sonos Wi-Fi sound system, CD player plus 3 iPod players, 2 Blu-Ray players and dozens of house DVDs?
• Do they offer Canadian Satellite TV with over 100 English speaking channels?
• Do they have a large gourmet kitchen well equipped with quality pots/pans, utensils plus all necessities including excellent lighting and gorgeous dinner service, serving platters & glassware?
• Are there firm King and Queen beds with feather and non-allergenic pillows, duvets, electric blankets and quality linens?
• Are there 2½ bathrooms with great water pressure and instant hot?
• Does each bathroom have Plush towels, a Hair Dryer and Bathrobes for your stay?
• Do they have 3 gas fireplaces with thermostat control, plus additional wall-heaters in the kitchen and Fountain Bedroom.
• Are there screens on the windows?
• Are the bedrooms spacious and private because one is upstairs and the other downstairs?
• Are there Nightstands with reading lights on both sides of the beds, as well as, full-length mirrors in each bedroom?
• Is there enough Closet & Drawer Space with many Hangars?
• Is there a secure programmable safe for your valuables?
• Are there two large Patios both with tables, chairs, chaise lounges, sun-umbrella and Views of the City skyline from the upper Terrace?
• Is there intriguing artwork and excellent lighting throughout
• Do they include maid service 3 days a week with cooking and laundry services available?
• Is there a “House Manual” with house information and a guide to some shops, services & restaurants?
• Are there Street Maps for your use plus ‘Casa del Alma business cards’ with the house address and phone number for you to give to friends or taxi drivers?
If the house you are considering does not have these advantages, please read our reviews and consider choosing our home for an exceptional experience.
Member since: 2005
- 2 story
- Max. occupancy 6
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Maid service 3 days per week – Cooking available. Filtered Drinking Water (upstairs and down) Pressurized Water. Unlimited Hot water. Washer/Dryer, 2 Pillow Top queen mattresses. Sofa Bed-Queen. Luxurious Duvets/ Electric Blankets. 2 Cable TVs. XM Satellite Radio. DVD Players Stereo plays CDs. 3 IPod players with cable connectors. 3 Gas Fireplaces/Heaters. Ceiling & Standing Fans throughout. 2 Hairdryers. The locked garage will accommodate a small car (approx, 9 by 15 feet +-) The entire house is equipped with an upgraded High-speed Wireless Internet, Bring your own laptop, iPad, or iPhone to check your email and browse the web from any room, the upstairs Terrazza or the patio....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer
- Free Long Distance:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Catering Available:
- Cooking Utensils:
Deck / Patio:
Life at Casa del Alma centers around main fountain Patio. Upstairs Terrazza is perfect for morning coffee or afternoon glass of wine with views of the city skyline! Secure wireless Internet of course...moreless
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 - Apr 30, 2017
7 night min stay
Jun 1 - Aug 31, 2017
7 night min stay
Dec 1 - Apr 30, 2018
7 night min stay
Jun 1 - Aug 31, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
50% deposit required to secure reservation
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: We met in a laugh class in 1986 both of us moving to Santa Barbara independently from Colorado. We were married in 1989 and renewed our vows after 20 years of marriage in Oct. of 2010. Joanna had 2 children from a 1st marriage, 2 grand kids and 1 cat. Stan built his first website in 1997. He currently owns 2 website development companies. For fun, Stan has been singing and playing guitar (rock & roll) since he was nine. After a 20 year career as a Dental Hygienist, Joanna went back to school and received her Masters in Counseling Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute in 1996. Joanna has worked as a Therapist & Hypnotherapist leading groups, doing individual and couples’ counseling. For joy, she has always done some form of art from jewelry making to stained glass and home design.
Why the Owner Chose Colonia San Antonio, San Miguel de Allende, Gto., Mexico:
In 2004 we came to San Miguel to visit a friend. We had been looking to buy a 2nd home in Victoria, B.C., but ended up visiting San Miguel with friends. New friends staying at the same B & B in San Miguel, said they saw a home that was perfect for us. Even though we weren’t looking, we went to see for ourselves. The floor plan fit our in-door-outdoor lifestyle and we saw the possibilities: the quiet, flat streets appealed as did living in a mixed neighborhood of local families and expats. Our artistic friends agreed to help us create a warm, comfortable ambiance that still makes us smile and feel good. We love sharing this special home with those who visit for it seems to have the same effect on them.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Since we are on a double corner lot, the rooms are more spacious and all open onto or face the upper and lower patio gardens. The stairway is also wider and much easier to navigate than many of the other homes in San Miguel. San Miguel is a walking town and we can walk everywhere! Taxi's are available for 40 pesos/daytime or 50 pesos at night. The expats that we meet are friendly and interesting. The locals are warm and welcoming. We can enjoy the buzz of Centro and walk or taxi home to our peaceful, quiet refuge in Casa del Alma. With the reliable high-speed Internet, Vonage, and cell phones, Stan can still run his business while enjoying life in Mexico……. the “Best of All Worlds”
Links to more information:
Casa del Alma view from Terrazza, upstairs. The Tree House Suite
The living room connects to the Fountain patio as well as the dining room.
Our chicken family!
The Patio view with the Ramada/kitchen to the right and the Guitar Nook behind.
The Dining Room which can be accessed from the Patio, and Living Room.
This room has a ceiling fan for the warmer nights and a gas heater for cooler.
The upstairs Den gas fireplace heats up the suite in the cooler months.
The Tree house suite has a King-Size Bed, Air Conditioning and more!
Upstairs bathroom has a tub, shower, endless hot water, filtered water & Bidet
The Terrazza storage box is really another example of Carlos's artistic genius.
The Terrazza has wonderful plantings, flowers, and some nice views of the city.
Privacy and artistry!
The salon or living room is just off the vestibule perfect for entertaining!
The spacious, well-equipped kitchen is also just off the vestibule and patio.
Life in Casa del Alma centers around the patio/Ramada w/kitchen pass-through.
The Guitar nook behind the tree off the patio is one of many private spaces.
The Fountain Suite is also downstairs off of the patio. It is completely private
The Fountain Suite Bath has authentic hand-painted tiles and endless hot water.
Upstairs Den/TV room. The sofa converts to Queen sized bed that sleeps two.
King sized bed looking back at the Den and out the window at tree.
The Terrazza is my favorite place for morning coffee and afternoon glass of wine
We are close enough to centro to walk and far enough away to be more peaceful.
Anado's wall is our newest addition.
Relax into the evening as night settles into Casa del Alma.
This listing was first published here in 2005.
Date last modified - Sunday, April 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.