Located in Glen Arbor, half a block from Lake Michigan. Two bedrooms/One bath. Accommodates 6. Queen bed in master bedroom; Two twin beds in second bedroom; Queen sofa bed in living room. Gas fireplace; Air conditioning; Wireless and high speed internet; TV/DVD; Washer/Dryer. Linens and towels provided. Nonsmoking. Patio; Patio furniture; Charcoal grill; Portable fire pit. Walking distance to downtown Glen Arbor, restaurants, shops and Lake Michigan. This unit is attached to Sunset, a studio which accommodates 2. Summer rentals are Sunday to Sunday.
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath, Sleeps 6
Anyone at Leelanau Vacation Rentals
- Calendar last updated:
- Nov 16, 2018
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Great Location & Good Value, but could use a few improvements
If half star ratings were possible, I would have given 3.5 stars.
The house was nice and we enjoyed our vacation, so no issues.
Also, the Leelanau Vacation Rental team was very supportive and nice.
- House Location: The house is situated just off the main street within downtown Glen Arbor, which happens to be the street with public Lake Michigan water access. It was so nice to be able to walk and not have to take the car to go to the beach, restaurants, etc...
- House Interior Design: Interior design is well done with beach house feel. Size supports 4 people (we had no problems with 5 though).
- Activities: Many activities within walking or biking distance (bike rental, kayak rental, etc...)
- House Supplies: The essentials for cooking were there.
- Price: I thought the value of the property all things considered was pretty good.
- House Water: Strong rotten egg smell from shower and sinks (refrigerator filter removed the smell). Not sure if this was a sulfur bacteria issue. We did not report this to the Leelanau Vacation Rental as we thought the problem would likely take more than our stay to fix, so we dealt with it.
- House Exterior: The house has a patio with table/chairs and grill in good condition. However, the grill propane tank was empty upon arrival (again, we didn't report it to Leelanau Vacation Rental...our bad). Also, the backyard view is an eyesore. Adding a fence would make a world of difference.
Located in charming Glen Arbor, in the heart of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. At the start of the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail. 5 miles from the famed Sleeping Bear Dune Climb, just a few blocks from the beautiful Glen Lakes, 6 miles from the town of Empire, 20 miles from quaint Leland, and 30 miles from Traverse City.
Rates shown above do not include taxes and fees