In Volo - Charming Villa, the View was Breathtaking - BALCONE DELLA VITAMultiple rentals available (0 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
BALCONE DELLA VITA: Lari Vacation Rental by Owner Listing 675002a
BALCONE DELLA VITA (160 m2 - 8/9) occupies two levels.
- Living room (50 m2): living room (sofa can be used as bed), dining room and kitchen richly equipped, fireplace
- Master bedroom with double bed (160 x 200);
- Private bathroom: large walk-in shower, washbasin, bidet and WC;
- Service with tray and washing machine, ironing equipment.
On the outside:
- Terrace (20 m2) and pergola (30 m2) of glycine and grape-strawberry private;
- Access to the swimming pool (14 x 4 m, 56 m2) with shower, furniture falling.
- Suite comprising two rooms with two beds * (80 x 190 and 90 x 200), dressing room, bathroom with shower, sink and toilet (note that the three parts are en suite, second bedroom with sloping ceilings, perfect as room children, is accessible only by the first)
- Master bedroom with 2 beds *.
* All beds can be assembled into double beds.
- Private bathroom with bath, separate shower, washbasin, bidet and toilet.
About the Property
Sets dream, refinement and epicurean, pool, pergolas, terraces
Location and Accessibility optimal
Exceptional and panoramic view
Sumptuous decor and charm of a family home
Idleness, epicurean, wine and food, luxury and pleasure
Equipment, services and first-class services
Rate ALL INCLUSIVE, unsurprisingly
• The situation near Pisa and the sea and at the same time in the heart of Tuscany and close to all centers of tourist and cultural interest.
• The setting: between two charming villages, on top of a hill with a 360 ° view of the Apennine Mountains to the north overlooking the Val d'Era south hills.
• The charm we live much of the year, we welcome you "home" every piece of furniture, every object, every work of art has been chosen with care and love. Frescoes adorn the walls, statues garden.
• Pleasure: The villa provides privacy as usability, inside and out, on the terraces and pergolas in the vine and wisteria in bloom in the spring.
• Benefits: all the necessary electrical appliances, garden furniture and covered for 12 to 15 people, sheets, bathrobes and towels, bathroom, kitchen and table provided, staff, chef, babysitting on request ...
• Swimming pool (4 x 14 m), garden of 6000 m2, 2000 m2 of landscaped, statues, fountain, fruit trees available, olive bicentennial ...
The villa IN VOLO includes two rental units INDEPENDENT
rent TOGETHER (IN VOLO)
or SEPARATELY (VITA NOVA & BALCONE DELLA VITA)
In general we never rent both units at the same time to two different groups, so that you can enjoy complete independence. Similarly, in high season (July-August) we do not rent, in general, the entire villa. However, do not hesitate to contact us for any exceptions or special request.
IN VOLO (250 m2 - 12/13 pers.)
three levels, ground floor, ground floor and garden.
On the ground floor, the apartment VITA NOVA (New Life)
- A large living room (50 m2) with living room, dining room and a very original fully equipped kitchen, the locked cabinet in a big country kitchen includes gas hob, a sink, a small oven (microwave and grill) refrigerator and dishwasher, espresso machine, electric kettle, juicer, toaster ... The living room has a sofa that can be converted into 1 or 2 beds (80 x 190 cm it is real beds not a flyer sofa), a part of the stay can be isolated alcove by a large screen in 7 sections;
- A bathroom with sink and toilet;
- A master bedroom (35 m2) with double bed (170 x 200 cm);
- En-suite to bedroom with bath and marble vanity private bath, separate shower, bidet and WC;
On the outside:
- A large private terrace under a pergola of vine grape-strawberry (50 m2), with hammock, swing and outdoor furniture for 12/15 people;
- Access to the swimming pool (14 x 4 m, 56 m2)
Ground floor garden apartment is
BALCONE DELLA VITA (Balcony of life).
- A large living room (50 m2) with living room, dining room and kitchen richly equipped. The contemporary kitchen has a large oven, fridge freezer and dishwasher, espresso machine, electric kettle, juicer, juicer, toaster ...
The large traditional fireplace and spit are in perfect working order, provide great winter fun (and not replace the barbecue in summer). It is possible to make nice to cook poultry outbreaks, a boar, or roasting chestnuts. The living room has a sofa which might serve as sleeping;
- A master bedroom with double bed (160 x 200);
- A private bathroom with a large walk-in shower, washbasin, bidet and WC;
- Service and part with washing machine, laundry tub, ironing board and steam iron.
On the outside:
- A private terrace (20 m2) with access to a pergola (30 m2) of glycine and grape-strawberry also private;
- Access to the swimming pool (14 x 4 m, 56 m2) with its waterfall seat and sun beds.
- A suite with two bedrooms with two beds (80 x 190 and 90 x 200), mountable double beds (160 x 190 and 180 x 200 cm), bathroom with shower, sink and toilet, dressing room (note that three rooms are interconnecting, the second attic room, perfect as a children's room is accessible only through the first chamber);
- A master bedroom with two beds, double beds mountable (180 x 200 cm);
- And a private bathroom with bath, separate shower, washbasin, bidet and toilet.
The garden is arranged to provide multiple isolated and shaded areas for reading, relaxing or enjoy, away, a moment of intimacy.
Achievement of a distant childhood dream and Tuscany, we put our heart into the restoration, decoration and equipment of our villa to make a ideal holiday in a unique environment where we perceive still presence of the medieval world and rebirth associated with the richness of rural life. IN VOLO is decorated with furniture and antiques that celebrate rural life and Tuscan products, works of contemporary art and murals.
WE REQUIRED to remember it
PLEASURE WE TAKE Y!
At the heart of the "green" Tuscany, ideally situated for your holiday in the Pisan hills, villa classified whose oldest part dates back to the seventeenth century, is both close to the sea, the mountains, and the main centers of tourist and cultural interest of the north-west and center of Tuscany: Pisa, Lucca, Florence, Viareggio and Versilia, the "Cinque Terre", the Tuscan Riviera and the Maremma, Elba, Volterra San Geminiano, Siena ...
In the town of Lari, between the medieval villages of Cevoli (800 m) and Lari (1200 m), perched atop a hill, the house IN VOLO offers a panoramic breathtaking on dozens kilometers, south to Chianni and beyond, the hills of Volterra, 40 km north to the snow of the Apuan Alps and the highest mountains of the Apennines Modena. From the terrace on a clear night, you can count a dozen lighted villages, the floor, twenty!
In summer, this part of Tuscany enjoy the sea air makes the ideal time. A freshness arbors or pool, the villa and its surroundings allow quiet or active holiday and call the epicurean pleasures: relaxation, gastronomy and oenology, spa and body care, sports (swimming, horseback riding, tennis, walking on foot or by bicycle ...), and the discovery of Tuscany.
In any season, this is the ideal base to explore the natural, historical and cultural treasures of Tuscany countryside, sea, mountains, towns and villages with a rich heritage and landmarks of the Middle Ages and Renaissance when region was the center of the world and invented the modern times.
In winter, the ski resort of the Apennines sports, Abetone (1388 m) is a cable and allows you to associate days of skiing, hiking and evenings by the fire in the large country fireplace.
Tuscany "green" is the richest and most diverse regions of this beautiful province, one of the most famous in Europe.
See you there!
Several works that decorate the house are our daughter Perrine and our artists friends in BALCONE DELLA VITA, the great frieze of the show is a panoramic photo of a sculpture Perrine made from a roll of beeswax bees (hives his grandfather), hot worked, colored and decorated.
The large table in the kitchen is of unknown origin. We love him and his frame (I've never managed to have a mustache like that!).
Sculptures and marquetry office area are the work of an amateur cabinetmaker Cascina, the wrought iron chair is a creation of Corrado GAMBICORTI, ferronier artist Pontedera.
The two small bas-reliefs of the show, one ceramic, sealed in the wall, the other bronze are Claude DEBEURME, Montmartre artist friends. In VITA NOVA, the small table to the right of the bed is his son Ludovic, famous illustrator and cartoonist. The large painting above the bedroom dresser "San Ruffino" is a work entitled "The Magician When She Becomes A" Wanda Kujacz working on computer photographic and pictorial elements. The other table and the living room are the Yochk'o SEFFER, artist and musician Hungarian origin which I produced two discs in another life.
Although there are the same in Tuscany, all the old agricultural tools home belonged to the grandfather of Sylviane like old radios.
In BALCONE DELLA VITA, the flowers of the eponymous chamber and vegetables from the bathroom were created and sewn by Sylviane.
The glass panels of green bath room were made by a craftsman Cenaia, after a drawing Perrine when she was 4 years old.
The frescoes were all painted by Barbara Decorarte Ponsacco: in room "I Sentimenti" table "Les Sentiments" and in the room "Distant Song," table "Song of Distant" Swiss Symbolist Ferdinand HODLER ( 1853-1918).
In the blue room, an adaptation of Henry HOLIDAY table 'Dante and Beatrice where Sylviane lent his face to the next, and a detail of the' Dream 'of PUVIS of Chavannes.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
2 Other available rentals on this property
There are no other rentals available on this property that meet your search criteria. Please update your search criteria or try another property.
There are no other rentals available on this property for your dates:
1-5 of 2
Additional information about rental rates:
- 160 m²
- Max. occupancy 9
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Housekeeper Included
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 7-9
- BALCONE DELLA VITA: 2 large bedrooms of 25m2, one with a 160-bed, one with 2 beds of 90; 1 suite with a room of 25 m2 (2 beds 90) and a small attic room (2 beds 80) accessible by the first. All twin beds can be assembled into a double bed. The rental includes the provision of nightwear and all beds have two pillows per person and down duvets and feather season. The bedding is new and allergy; An extra bed and a cot can be provided on request. In the cool season, the villa is heated by gas central heating....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- The bathroom was decorated with the same care as the rest of the villa. All rooms have their private bathroom. BALCONE DELLA VITA: The bathroom 'white' with large vanity, shower, bidet and WC, heated towel rail. The bathroom 'green' with contemporary glass bowl, oval tub, separate shower, bidet and WC, heated towel rail. It is decorated with mosaic glass and glass panels from local crafts. The bathroom 'red' with shower and toilet, very original to discover decorations. All bathrooms are equipped with hairdryer. The villa is equipped with a water softener. The rental includes the provision of towels: two towels and a towel for the pool per person, bathrobe per room....moreless
- Each house has its own private access to the garden and swimming pool (14 x 4m), a pergola of wisteria vine or furnished for outdoor meals until 12/15 people (more Balcone has a shaded terrace deck). A tablecloth and two tea towels are provided. The garden offers many great places to enjoy the calm, scenic views or pool: the Striccia (band) and arbor reading with jasmine, boudoir lovers away from prying eyes, the living under the mulberry-plane, the fountain with three boys, the orchestra of angels, the beach, well. The pool is serviced 3 times a week. No chlorine. Lightly salted water. Armchairs and couches are provided. Board game available. Internet access is not limited by WiFi throughout the villa and pergolas. Of electric bikes can be rented. The villa offers wine, oil, jams and preserves bios garden crops...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Winery Tours
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Water Sports
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 10 people
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio
- Garden Chairs
- Garden Table & Chairs
- Lawn / Garden
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Housekeeper Included
- Cleaning Fee Included
- Discount For Longer Lets
Rental Charges Rb
- Charges Included
This property does not have any reviews yet.
A dream location and postcard: On top of a hill, 360 ° view of the Tuscan hills.
NEAR Pisa 30 Km, Florence 70 km, the sea: 40 km, the mountain: 70 Km; business: 1. 2 Km
The villa is served by two main airports in Tuscany: Pisa, 25 minutes, specializing low cost (Ryanair, EasyJet) and Florence 50 minutes.
The sea is 30 minutes (ranges Livorno) or 40 to 45 minutes (the cracks between the ledge and Castiglioncello Livorno and the sandy beaches of Cecina Rossignano).
Lucca and its Vauban fortification 45 minutes. Southeast, medieval and Etruscan treasures from Volterra, Certaldo, Siena and San Geminiano are spaced 30 to 60 minutes.
The Pisan hills south of Pisa and constitute what is called the "Green Tuscany", a major fruit and vegetable growing areas in this region where the rich Pisan families taking their summer vacation.
The town of Lari is close to towns Ponsacco (6 km) and Pontedera (10 km) where you will find all the shops. The races can be made even Lari (1,2 km) and Capanina (Cevoli) where there is a supermarket. Lari houses the famous Pulp "Martelli" to visit. The town is dominated by a Medici castle.
The village lies on the "wine route" of Tuscany; Terricciola (terraced town) is known for its wine production we offer the best selection of house wines. For fans, our immediate neighbor is a world-renowned winemaker.
Casciana Term (other terraced town) is a spa that offers all the pampering. Its waters are renowned for the treatment of vascular, respiratory and digestive functions.
Our guestbook provides all the information necessary for a dream vacation: practical information, shopping and shopping, sports and recreation, health and safety, restaurants, tourism and culture ...
Paris: 1100 km Florence: 75 km Livorno: 40 km
Rome: 350 km Siena: 90 km Viareggio: 60 km
Milan: 315 km Lucca: 45 km San Gimignano: 50 km
Venice: 315 km Pisa: 30 km Abetone: 115 km
Some attractions and events in the area:
The tower, the duomo and baptistery of Pisa Campo Santo. Among the most beautiful architectural sites in the world. A must see.
Florentine Musical May: Operas, ballets, classics throughout the year (contrary to what the title would suggest), in theaters in the city, with the greatest performers concerts.
Cherry Festival in Lari - June: Lari is called "the city of cherries" and the festival serves as a pretext to many cultural and musical events: exhibitions, theatrical performances, concerts ...
Piaggio Museum in Pontedera famous brand scooter, vespa scooters and other typical Italian presents a collection of his creations throughout its history.
Andrea Bocelli concert in Lajatico - July: In his hometown, about twenty kilometers from the villa, the great tenor gives concerts each year in a magnificent Roman theater.
Collinarea Festival (Lari, Palaia, Ponsacco Casciana Terme) - July: In the streets and squares of the four towns a variety of theatrical performances, friendly and gastronomic events and concerts.
Puccini Festival (Viareggio) - July / August: The Puccini festival is held in Torre del Lago Puccini on the shores of Lake Massaciuccoli near Viareggio. The performances take place in the new Grand Theatre outdoor with 3. 200 seats, and located close to the Villa Puccini Museum-where the composer lived and worked for nearly 30 years. The Puccini Festival in Torre del Lago is the only festival in the world dedicated exclusively to the masterpieces of the great Master Giacomo Puccini.
Palio of Siena - 2 July and 16 August: The big event of Siena, Palio is a horse race between riders of different neighborhoods (contrada) which takes place twice a year on July 2 and August 16 of Piazza del Campo, arranged for this purpose.
Anima Mundi Festival in Pisa - September: The Sacred Music Festival brings together large groups or national and international performers. Many concerts in the magnificent setting of the Cathedral (Duomo) and the Piazza dei Miracoli.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: We are a French couple who loves nature and culture. Sylviane has retired after a career as a dentist, I am an international consultant and writer. We both have some Italian blood, Sylviane from Savoy by her maternal family and myself by my paternal grandmother from Piedmont. We strive to speak Italian as much as possible, what our friends around seem to appreciate who welcomed us with open arms and perfectly integrated us to the local life. When we are not in the villa, we live in Montmorency, near Paris. We reach Tuscany as often as possible. Our daughterss are European-born: Julie, the eldest is a doctor of political sciences and teaches at the Sorbonne, she lives between Florence and Paris; Perrine (the big purple cape) is a visual artist, sculptor and singer and currently lives in Amsterdam. Our family includes other artists: our niece Margo is a dancer, our nephew Thomas is a photographer and filmmaker. I am myself fascinated by the pre-Raphaelite painting, symbolism and art of the second half of the nineteenth century. We love history and culture in all its forms. You will find in the house art works by Perrine and artist friends, art books and CDs, and books about the area and tourist guides. We are Epicureans and “bon vivants”. In this return to the countryside which we offer IN VOLO, one of our greatest pleasures is to 'cultivate our garden' and harvest fruits and vegetables for oil, jams and preserves, perfectly 'organic', which we share with our guests. We harvest our olives and press our oil, make our sauces for pasta and tomato juice for cocktails. (unfortunately, the mushrooms we keep 'under oil' do not come from the garden.) In France, Sylviane is a beekeeper and her honey is excellent. You will taste.
Why the Owner Chose Lari, Pisa, Italy:
We dreamed of Italy. We spent a long time looking for a 'dream place'. During a professional mission in Rossignano, on the Tuscan coast, I liked the area and we have focused our quest. In November 2004, we discovered Lari, a day of fog and mist. On a curve, the villa emerged at the top of the hill with only vis-à-vis the hamlet and the castle of San Ruffino. Despite the weather, we were impressed by the site, the amazing view and the green surrounding. The overwhole location, not far from the airport, took the decision. The kindness of neighbors did the rest. (Our neighbor is a famous winemaker!) The Pisan hills, south of Pisa and its airport 'low cost' are the 'green Tuscany', a fruit and vegetable area. Unlike other parts of Tuscany that look like a dry desert in summer, we are near the Tyrrhenian Sea, which makes the climate mild and the scenery beautiful with different shades of green throughout the year. It took many months to convince the owner to sell us this house whose oldest part dates back to the seventeenth century. In 2005, we bought it. Only what is now the garden ground was then fit for habitation, the attic and the ground floor were agricultural premises (cellar and stable clay). We dreamed of giving free rein to our desires of decoration: we restored and furnished everything from top to bottom, scrupulously respecting local traditions: IN VOLO is decorated with furniture and antiques and traditional objects which exalt rural life and the Tuscan products, works of contemporary art and murals reproducing works of Raphaelite and Symbolist painters. All our desire for authenticity, and our natural love of good things: good wine, good food and commensality, history, tradition, discovery, friendship, are fulfilled. We hope you will feel as well in our house as we do.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
IN VOLO is halfway between Cevoli and Lari, a medieval village built in concentric circles around the Medici castle overlooking the Arno valley. On clear days you can see the sea on the horizon. The Collinarea Festival presents there in July, a variety of concerts and theatrical performances. The Feast of cherries in Lari, 'City of cherries,' in June, is a pretext for cultural and musical events. L'Antica Osteria Al Castello, the good restaurant in Lari (awarded in 2009 for 'Best creative traditional cuisine') offers extraordinary spaghetti with cherries on that week-end. Alessandra and Valerio will welcome you throughout the year with food just as tasty with gastronomic research combining the ancient Tuscan culinary tradition and creative new flavours. Terricciola on the 'Wine Road', is famous for its wine production of which we offer a selection in the villa. To recover from libations, Casciana Terme spa offers all the body care and is renowned for its water beneficial to vascular respiratory and digestive functions. The region is not yet colonized by tourists, you are always greeted with a smile while shopping in Lari, Ponsacco (market on Wednesday morning) or on the 'corso' in Pontedera (10 km), Pisa and Florence, Mecca of Italian fashion. Lucca and its Vauban fortifications, 45 minutes away offers outdoors concerts of renowned rock stars. Viareggio is famous for its 'hot'nights and night clubs. The Puccini Festival in Torre del Lago, offers the masterpieces of Puccini. After the show, we dine on a terrace overlooking the lake, and among musicians, divas and conducters. In Pisa, in September, the festival 'Anima Mundi' is dedicated to sacred music. Andrea Boccelli gives recitals in the Roman theater of Lajatico (12 km), his home town, in July. The Florentine Musical May offers year-round opera, ballet and classical concerts.
- Primary: +33 603699345
- Secondary: +33 139643949
Links to more information:
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.