About the property
- Condo1127 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 4 nights
Well maintained and comfortably decorated resort condo.
Our three bedroom condo at Diamond Beach resort is well maintained and tastefully decorated in a beach theme that is elegant yet functional. This unit is perfect for a family vacation, couples weekend or romantic getaway and is a sure bet to impress you and your guests. For your added convenience, the unit features a washer and dryer, DVDs and players, fully-stocked kitchen, board games, kites and pool toys for the kids. Located only an hour from Houston, the Diamond Beach resort combines upscale onsite amenities in a comfortable, family entertainment setting.
This unit features a large balcony with views of both the beach and resort pool. The balcony spaciously accommodates a full dining table and a three piece sofa sectional – perfect for you and your guests to eat, relax and enjoy the breathtaking views!
The custom kitchen features upgraded granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances and is fully stocked to serve a light snack or cook up your favorite meal.
The living room’s interior appointments include floor to ceiling glass windows with ocean views, a flat screen TV, WiFi internet and a double bed pull out sofa bed.
The master bedroom features a comfortable king bed and a flat screen TV. The master has a large shower with a standard shower head as well as a rainfall shower head - Nothing is so luxurious and relaxing!
The second guest room features a queen bed and a flat screen TV mounted to the wall.
The third bedroom features a flat screen TV and bunk bed with a bottom full and single top, providing plenty of room for the kids to sleep and play, or extra room for adults to sleep comfortably.
About the resort:
The Diamond Beach resort features over $6 million in extensive and unique amenities for you to enjoy. The resort has direct beach access and is centrally located on Galveston Island, close to restaurants, attractions and shopping. Convenient elevator access leads to the secure, covered and gated parking lot. For your convenience, the resort provides trolleys to help load and unload your personal items from your car to the unit.
1st floor outdoor amenities:
Outdoor amenities of the Diamond Beach resort include hot tubs, a 300' long cascading swimming pool, 750' lazy river, water slide and swim up bar. The pools have plenty of lounge chairs or, if you want something more private, you can rent a private cabana and grill by the hour or for the full day.
Beach Access: If you have time to go to the beach after exploring all of the activities at the Diamond Beach resort, all you need to do is walk out the back gate of the property (next to the lazy river) and step down to the beach. Like to run or bike? Diamond beach is situated at the end of a 10 mile seawall. Run, bike or take a sunset stroll along the seawall while enjoying the sound of seagulls and ocean waves.
2nd floor amenities:
• Lobby/Concierge: A concierge desk open 7 days a week from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm for your convenience with a staff knowledgeable regarding the island’s best attractions and restaurants.
• Galveston’s only indoor heated pool for year-round enjoyment.
• Business Center: If you must work or would like to surf the internet, there are several Mac computers for guests to use. Even in here you’ll have great views of the indoor pool and beach!
• Kids jungle room with full-length murals, games, blocks, oversized bean bags and a TV, this is the place to be for the hip toddler crowd.
3rd floor amenities:
• Ocean Cinema: The cinema offers a movie theater-style viewing experience. You can reserve the cinema and bring your favorite movie – don’t worry if you didn’t pack any movies, the front desk has an extensive list of DVDs to choose from. The cinema has a side room with a microwave and small counter to prepare your popcorn and favorite snacks and seats up to 35 friends.
• Wine and dine room: This room has a large dining table and lounge area, allowing for private dining while enjoying expansive views of the ocean. There is a small kitchen area for caters to prep meals.
• Bar None is an onsite bar and lounge facility for guests 21 and over. Bar None is ready to pour your favorite drink and opens out to a patio for you to gaze at the ocean and pool area below.
4th floor amenities:
• Game room: This spacious game room is perfect for both adults and kids. All games are free, including shuffleboard, pool table, pin ball machine, arcades, foosball, and a TV room.
• Fitness Center: The fitness center is named the “look better in your swimsuit” room. For the fitness buff, the gym is furnished with free weights, state-of-the-art machines, mats, spin bikes and punching bags - everything you need to get your sweat on. Most importantly, it offers amazing views of the ocean while you work out.
• Spa: Pamper yourself at the Spa with a massage, facial, body scrub, manicures and pedicures or hair styling. The Spa offers a host of services that provide five-star relaxation and wellness.
***DIAMOND BEACH WILL ONLY PROVIDE POOL BANDS FOR UP TO 8 IN A 3 BEDROOM***
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- English, Mandarin
- Calendar last updated:
- May 22, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
We had a great time staying here and pretty much had the pool and lazy river to ourselves (mid October 2017 stay - slide was closed). We had plenty of room (4 adults and 2 kids) and no issues with controlling the AC. The bar and spa are closed until further notice, which did not impact our stay. We used the arcade and theater room (which the kids loved). The only thing we didn't realize was that you have to walk a short distance to the beach (which was a little rugged), because the complex overlooks the seawall. The pool was fantastic so it really was not an issue and we thought the ocean view from the balcony was really great. We'd definitely stay here again.
Great family friendly vacation!!!
Galveston was better than expected!
The Condo is located toward the west end of the Seawall. The unit was clean and accommodated 7 of us comfortably. Having coffee in the balcony next to the sound of the ocean waves was simply a pleasure. The amenities were great. The kids enjoyed the pool, lazy river, water slide and on rainy days they took advantage of the game room and movie theater. I did use the gym which was spotless and had a great view. I wish the bar was open or maybe transformed into a restaurant that way I didn't have to worry about making meals. Walks on the beach and sunsets were breathtaking and although I'm use to the turquoise Florida ocean colors Galveston did not dissapoint. Overall one of the best relaxing family vacations we've had. We probably will come back in the future.
Kids enjoyed beach, pool, and lazy river with slide.
Great condo, balcony, and pools!
Overall, the accommodations were great, and the resort itself was great. Our family enjoyed the lazy river, both pools, and the game room. The bedrooms were nice and large, and the beds were comfortable. The bathrooms were spacious too.
One thing to note--there isn't a dining table indoors. Eating on the large table on the patio was lovely, but when it rained, we needed to eat inside, and only four can sit at the counter. There were TV trays we could have used for eating at the sofa, but it would have been nice to have a table at which to play cards or a game on those rainy evenings. Despite this, we'd still recommend it!
2nd Time to Stay will be last!
I owe it to my kids for the vacation being a success not Diamond Beach, View was small due to trees in front of room. Need to be 5th floor or better to see ocean well. Thermostat in room was programmed for 80 in daytime 75 for nighttime, this was the nail in coffin! My vacation my a/c controls... Period! On our last night to stay we decided to run down for late swim 8:45 ish, only about 5 kids in the pool and no one around we set our things in a bamboo hut close to the jacuzzi, while swimming and playing, the staff came to us to remove our items because we did not have reservations! A table and four chairs with bamboo sticks covering it needs reservations! Thanks Diamond Beach for saving us the money next time!
Good value and a really nice condo, especially for a family. Just do your homework.
The unit was wonderful, with incredible amenities, and you are a short drive to everything the island offers. The management of the community was a little different. We had a bathroom fixture issue and there was confusion as to who was responsible for fixing it, so the work went undone, although it didn't diminish the trip.
We were also there during non-peak season (end of March), which was too late for the Texas spring break. Because of that, certain amenities (water slide, bar) were closed. I would suggest calling the property before booking to get a full picture of what you will be getting with your stay.
Other than that, it was a wonderful property and a good value.