Living in the countryside a ten minute walk from the small medieval town
- english, italian
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Al podere La Fonte una vacanza indimenticabile. T
Ho passato con mio marito una vacanza bellissima.
Accoglienza da parte di Manuela e Marco molto calorosa e simpatica.
Location magnifica e molto rilassante.Il podere è immerso tra ulivi, alberi da frutto e tutto è tenuto come un giardino.
Le camere sono confortevolissime ed arredate con gusto.
La cittadina Radicondoli si raggiunge in pochi passi ed è veramente interessante.
Durante la nostra permanenza c'era il Festival. Attori e musica per una atmosfera di grande vacanza.
una bella scoperta e ci torneremo!
Tutti i confort
A delightful medieval village nestled in the hills of Siena
Radicondoli, a medieval village in the Tuscan countryside, overlooking the Metallifere Hills on the road leading to the sea. Traces of its ancient Lombard origins are still visible. At least a thousand years old, already the bishops of Volterra, then Aldobrandeschi finally subdued in Siena, the country is located in a large and changing landscape, relaxing on a hill-top overlooking the hills around. The historical center is developed by following the natural contour of the hill. The town is crossed by a road axis in the east-west direction (via T. Gazzei). In parallel to this street, in the south at decreasing levels, other roads intersect a steep street called Sedice in the bottom of which is the Porta Olla, the only preserved of the three doors that opened on the castle walls, of which there are still legible some sections.Since ancient times the wool processing constituted one of the main non-farm economic activities of the population; introduced into the territory probably from the nearby Volterra, began with a home textile production to achieve "cloths lani" commonly used and developed then in business form simultaneously with the same formation of the urban centers of Radicondoli and Belforte, which became in the course of the fourteenth century important handicraft textile centers of the Sienese State. The wool activity was regulated by the 1308 Statute. This process remains witness in Radicondoli building structure where some houses have double-arched portal and blocks of stone whose openings gave access to the warehouse and housing.The monumental heart, and the heart of the community, is certainly the Collegiate Church of Saints Simon and Jude, whose construction began in 1589 on the remains of an ancient Romanesque church.Along the main street are the Church and the Augustinian Monastery of St. Catherine of Wheels, erected in the mid-fourteenth century. The course is also facing a number of palaces built in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries, as the Town Hall, formerly Berlinghieri, from the late sixteenth-century features. At the edge of the cemetery building is the Romanesque Pieve di San Giovanni Battista (or Old Parish Church of Our Lady). Outside the town, finally, there is the Franciscan Monastery of the Observance, whose construction phases are completed in 1494 and now houses a renowned music school. Simultaneous with the publication of ecclesiastical settlements occurred in the territory radicondolese a considerable development of battlements, a phenomenon that produced the fortification of existing sites as Montingegnoli, and scratch foundations such as Fosini castles, Falsini and Elci, who were headed households with feudal rights, and all share a common type: the top settlements, with a defensive wall, and a fortified inner, the keep and a watchtower. Woods, olive groves and fields still surround the stately mansions and villas and Anqua Attic, Renaissance jewels, set in a landscape of rare beauty space.The nearby village of Belforte, castle dominated by the Aldobrandeschi, had considerable importance in 1180. The castle is still visible the perimeter of the walls, with some towers and the old mold. The country preserves the medieval structure, with a "high road" that crosses longitudinally, overlooked by the patrician houses and the Public Palace, already documented in 1230 and type in masonry tower with square blocks. The side of the main street runs a side road "below" and, outside, a getaway called "Sedice". Remain also two buildings, the church of Santa Maria, XIV century, however subsequently, and the nearby hospitale that, together with that of Radicondoli (annexed to the Church of the Crucifix, at the town entrance), indicating that these centers stood near a very busy road, probably a stretch of road that connected the Val d'Elsa with the Val di Cecina, and the mining area of Montieri. The first half of the seventeenth century was the founding of the Church of the Holy Cross Society.
(Source: City of Radicondoli)