A Simple Sanctuary at the Beach(60 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Immaculate, romantic, sweet, cozy, comfortable sanctuary, seconds from the beach
Immaculate, peaceful, cozy, comfortable, romantic, and tranquil. The Cottage is about 40 paces to the beach, and a 5 minute walk to town. A small, 600 sq. ft. space; newly renovated. 1 or 2 adults only. We are sorry that we must stand firm on the "No children, no pets" rule. Please do not ask about exceptions. No smoking anywhere on the property. ONE CAR ONLY.
The Cottage is a separate dwelling, sitting on its own lot. It is the 4th house from the beach, and a 5 minute walk to town. The Cottage consists of a charming bedroom with an exquisitely comfortable queen size bed, TV (in an armoire at the foot of the bed), radio, Wi-fi, sitting area, armoire, and closets, NO DVD. The living area -- sofa, chair, dining area, kitchen area with coffee maker, toaster oven, toaster, microwave oven, 2 burner stove top, very small ("dorm room size")refrigerator/freezer, pots, pans, dishes, cutlery, and some condiments.
You will have all the privacy in the world, but if you should need us for any reason, we are right next door on the adjacent property.
Sorry- but we do not allow children. Please do not ask about exceptions.
ABSOLUTELY THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL:
ONE CAR ONLY. You will have your own reserved parking space.
check-in: 3:00 (We will gladly give you an earlier check-in time if circumstances allow)
check-out: 11:00 (We will extend your check-out time if we are able)
1 or 2 guests only
You are welcome to have day guests, but NO OVERNIGHT GUESTS
NO SMOKING ANYWHERE ON THE PROPERTY.
NO PETS-please do not ask about making an exception
NO NOISE AFTER 10:00 P.M.
NO SHOES IN THE COTTAGE
If you are making a reservation for you and another guest, please include their name so that we may welcome them also. Thank you.
Come let go and relax in the homey comfort of this Simple Sanctuary.
Member since: 2015
- 600 sq. ft.
- Non Smoking Only:
- Not Suitable For Children
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- The bedroom has a brand-new, exquisitely comfortable, queen-size bed w/ beautiful bed linens. At the foot of the bed is an armoire with tv and radio. The room has a sweet, small desk beneath the window that looks out into the sun-drenched, or fog softened yard, inspiring any writer. The are two small closets, a cozy chair for reading, and a full-length mirror. The bedroom is about 300 Sq. ft..--roomy, airy, sun-filled. The bedroom is sweet, romantic, fresh, and immaculately clean. One of the reasons we do not allow children or dogs is so that we can keep the promise of 'immaculate', and you can rest assured that it is....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The bathroom has just been rebuilt- Beautiful Italian Glass-Blue-Tile floor, new tub/shower, sink, toilet. About 80 sq. ft. Sweet. There is very little you need to pack as far as your travel kit goes. We supply: hair dryer, q-tips, cotton balls, emery boards, feminine hygiene supplies, disposable razor, tooth brush and toothpaste, mouth wash, first aide kit, EO: shampoo; hair conditioner; shower gel; body lotion. ...moreless
- Being on the beach, whether just sitting/lying/relaxing, or walking for pleasure or exercise, is as good as it gets here in Stinson Beach. The Beach is about 3 miles long, and one of the prettiest in all of Northern California. Also---the hiking trails are the epitome of the best of Nature here. Bicyclists have the choice of road or trail. This is just a wonderful place to be. We hope you will experience this. This Cottage is not for everyone. It is not a party destination. The Cottage if for the person or couple looking for a quiet, peaceful, cozy and comfortable place to relax while at the beach. To our surprise (and joy), many couples have gotten engaged here--at The Cottage, and returned to have their wedding here in Stinson, and remain at The Cottage for their Honeymoon...moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Health/Beauty Spa
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Dining Area
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
Deck / Patio:
Small sweet yard, with fire pit. The fire pit has 4 Adorandak chairs. There are two very comfortable chaises, and a small "Fermob" (French/metal) table w/ 2 chairs--perfect for meals in the sun....moreless
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 27 - May 30, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 10 - Sep 1, 2017
3 night min stay
Sep 2 - Sep 5, 2017
3 night min stay
Nov 23 - Nov 27, 2017
3 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat
Dec 22 - Dec 27, 2017
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Dec 30 - Jan 2, 2018
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning fee $100
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 10%
MOST IMPORTANT HOUSE RULE: ONE CAR ONLY-if you have a guest they must park off the street.
2 night minimum stay year round.
2 guests maximum. No children. No pets. NO SMOKING No shoes in cottage. No noise after 9 p.m.
Not included in rates: $100.00 cleaning fee; 10% TOT tax; $500.00 refundable security deposit.
Rates vary based on season/holiday.
check-in 3:00 p.m.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Muir Woods is on the way to Stinson Beach--home of the giant Redwoods.
About the owner: Barry and I have lived in Stinson Beach for quite a while, Barry, for about 25 years, having been born and raised in Canada, then moving to Hawaii, then here. I have lived in Stinson/Bolinas for 50 years, am 5 generations from Marin County, with my father's family roots going back 5 generations in Hawaii. We love traveling. Barry has traveled extensively throughout Asia, and I having lived and worked in Kenya, Somalia, and visited The Dem. Republic of Congo. Barry and I love living in Stinson Beach. We have turned what was once a Willow Camp tent platform (the original dwelling structures in Stinson, then a Pilates Studio for me to teach), into a sweet, charming, romantic get-away. Of all the places we could live, we find our happiness here in Stinson Beach.
Why the Owner Chose Stinson Beach, CA, USA:
Once you see the location of this property you will know why we choose to stay in Stinson Beach. It has everything. We can be reclusive. We can walk on the beach in the dark of the morning; there are no words for the feeling of standing on the beach, seeing the moon glistening like mercury on the silken peeling waves. The hiking trails are our 'workouts', and our meditations. It is the best community to be a part of. There is lots to do if one wants to get involved, and many ways to stay quiet and peaceful.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Stinson Beach has hiking trails that go on and on and on. Really, one could hike to Oregon from here. Depending on the trail of ones choosing, one could hike up and up for hours, or traverse, or bomb down hill. There are fern lined trails, redwoods, creeks all along the way--waterfalls and bridges. Depending on one's choice of trails, there are vistas of the ocean the whole way, or canopies of trees. And then there are the equivalent of those trails for mountain bikers. Traveling North from here is Pt. Reyes National Seashore, and the great, fun town of Pt. Reyes--with fabulous stores, restaurants, and bakery. A little further and there is the wine country...and Mendocino. Of course, traveling in the other direction, is San Francisco, just across the GG Bridge. No need to tell you about that beautiful City. Hiking, biking, kayaking, surfing, walking on the beach... just to name of few of the things that make Stinson Beach so wonderful. As far as the Beach Cottage goes: It is just very special. Something about it. Everyone falls in love with it. It is small (600 square ft). impeccably clean--having just been restored--so all newly painted (if not replaced) walls, floors, completely rebuilt bathroom with beautiful Italian glass tile floor. The cottage is sweet, romantic, tranquil, cozy and inviting. We love it, and it brings us so much joy that all of our guests have expressed that they love it too. We hope you will.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to The Beach Cottage
Custom made diner-style banquette makes for comfortable mealtimes.
The caring is in the details.
Snuggle up in the bed, or on the cozy chair.
It's all in the details...
Nothing better... and then it just keeps getting better...
Sweet, pleasant dreams... and when you wake-up.. relax, rejuvenate, reinvent.
A 5 minute walk to hiking trails, hiking trials, hiking trails.
A Simple Sanctuary
Enjoy a fire under the evening sky, or early in the morning.
Simple efficient kitchen. Please note the size of the refrigerator--very small.
Looking from the living area into the bedroom.
Brand new, clean, fresh and airy, bathroom, with glass Italian tile floor.
Not even 50 paces from The Cottage.
Sleep like a baby, lulled by the sound of the waves.
For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free. -Wendell Berry
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Saturday, March 25, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.