This lovely apartment is located on the second floor of an ancient building in the heart of Venice, 120 mt from Torre dell’ Orologio, halfway between Piazza S.Marco and Ponte Rialto. The building used to be the residence of the abbot of the San Zulian church and lately of the Hungarian queen. The design of the flat is classic, pure Venetian style and it comprises a comfortable living area with dining space and sofa bed for two, kitchen, one double bedrooms and one hallway with a single sofa bed. There also one bathroom, separated in two rooms, one with shower and sink, the second with WC, bidet and sink. From the kitchen you can access to a small but very characteristic closed balcony, typical of the Venetian buildings, called “Liagò”: from here you have a nice view overlooking the San Zulian church.
Exceptional location and comfort
- english, spanish, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- Dec 18, 2018
Forms of Payment
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Loved the old building and the location was center of all the main attractions
The San Marco district is the oldest and the most famous of Venice. The center for excellence in the district is Piazza San Marco. Known as "the drawing room of the world", it has been the site of political events and the most important religious center for the Venetian Republic and the Venetian life for almost a millennium. Piazza San Marco is to be considered as the biggest museum of the lagoon city: it is precisely here that starts the city of Venice, with the Basilica and the Ducal Palace. The San Marco district is named after the basilica erected to contain the remains of San Marco, brought from Alexandria, Egypt by two Venetian merchants, in the year 828. Since then, San Marco became the patron saint of the city, taking the place of San Teodoro first patron saint of Venice. Next to the sacred building stands The Doge's Palace that, along with the Basilica, is the symbol of Venice. Until the fall of the Venetian Republic in 1797 it was the residence of the Doge, a public building and the public administration Justice place.
Monumental attractions in the area of Piazza San Marco:
- El Paron de Casa: so Venetians affectionately call the Campanile of San Marco.
- The Clock Tower: recently restored, holds the Two Moors designated to beat the hours.
- The Procuratie New and Old Procuratie that laterally delimit the square hosting the historic cafes like the Caffè Florian and Caffè Quadri as well as elegant shops and jewelers.
- The two splendid columns of San Marco square with the most important symbols of Venetian history: the statue of St. Theodore and the winged lion.
- The Bridge of Sighs: hence the prisoners passed through going from the courts to the prisons, knowing that they would probably never see the light of day.
NOT TO BE MISSED:
- Museum Corerr which offers an exciting journey to discover the art and history of Venice.
- The Marciana National Library that contains about 750,000 volumes.
- The Marciana Library, beautiful Renaissance building begun by J. Sansovino and finished by Scamozzi.
- Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo, well known for the tower climb round the spiral staircase.
- Church of San Salvador treasure of history and art between faith and devotion.
- The Grand Canal lined spendidi palaces, it is also one of the most fascinating to enjoy a wonderful view over the lagoon and the island of San Giorgio.
- The Teatro La Fenice: one of the most famous opera theaters in the world.
FINAL CLEANING AND LINEN This amount depends on the destination and the number of guests, it must be paid in cash at the arrival: 1-2 persons = 90 Euro 3-4 persons = 125 Euro 5-7 persons = 150 Euro 8+ persons = 190 Euro SECURITY DEPOSIT 200 Euro to be paid at the arrival - this amount will be returned at the end of the stay, after verification of no damages. CHECK IN/OUT Check in time is between 1.00 p.m. and 6.00 p.m from Monday through Saturday. In case of check in on Sundays, Bank Holidays or from 6pm to 10pm, additional 30 Euro will be charged on your bill. Check in after from 10pm till midnight is charged 50 euros Check out time: 10.00 am. CANCELLATION POLICY The guest can cancel free of charge until 14 days before arrival. The guest will be charged 30% of the total price if they cancel in the 14 days before arrival. If the guest doesn’t show up they will be charged the total price.
Damage deposit: EUR200.00