A four storey house actually in the heart of Broadstairs! We are 350m from Viking Bay and seconds from the High St. The house has been beautifully restored with original fireplaces, double height ceilings, designer furnishings (Feather & Black, Burlington bathroom, Graham and Green, Fired Earth etc) and a kitchen equipped with everything you could need for a truly memorable seaside retreat. Redecorated inside and out with new front door, front paving, fully repainted and newly refurbished windows and floors (October 2018). Also enjoy our new luxury bathroom completed Feb 2018!
In total it has:
- 5 bedrooms (one Superking, three doubles and a twin). Three bedrooms have their own hand basins
- new kitchen with oak worktops, oven, washing machine, dishwasher, tumble dryer and many many pots/ pans and utensils etc to cater for large dinner parties
- 2 baths, 2 showers, 3 toilets including brand new extra long slipper bath and walk in shower
- ground floor front room (two large sofas, two armchairs, two fireside stools)
- formal first floor drawing room (two sofas)
- dining room (sits up to ten)
- large private rear garden with new deck (April 2017), large garden tables, chairs, deckchairs and Weber BBQ
Please see more details of the layout on the floor plan photo.
- Bluetooth speakers
- Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, BBC Iplayer, Sky News
- Board games
- Towels, shampoo, conditioner, showergel, tea and coffee
- The kitchen has everything you could want as it is our family kitchen rather than a rental.
The station is a five minute walk away with its high speed rail link to St. Pancras. The road is resident parking only but permits can be purchased on the High Street.
The cleaning fee is set to cover linen costs and a light clean only; former guests have appreciated a lower fee rather than the £150 a house of this size would usually merit. A lot of the furniture is antique, and inherited. We can only do this if, when you stay with us, you leave the house in the same condition as you find it.
We generally have a two night minimum stay; this varies according to the time of year but please do contact us to find out more and about special rates. Please note the house is on a residential street, so noise must be kept down in the house and garden after 10pm.
We want you to feel at home. If there is anything you think is missing please do let us know.
We look forward to meeting you.
Clare, James & Xanthe