About the property
- House850 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum StayNone
Come relax in our enchanting little cottage, tucked behind a row of bamboo right downtown. Tile mosaics throughout make this cozy house a work of art. A wild, fenced-in backyard gives the feel of the woods, yet you're a 5 minute walk from all the restaurants, shops, & theaters of Historic Downtown Lewisburg. Plus, enjoy unlimited access to the infrared sauna in the house! Simple, clean, comfortable, and colorful, we guarantee you'll find no other house like it. It's small (perfect for 1 to 4 guests) with a nice flow, and the mosaic tile artwork throughout ignites creative energy. The main bedroom has a comfortable, queen bed with organic linens. The sauna room contains a futon that sleeps two more people.
- 2-person, infrared sauna in house - unlimited use included with rental!! Relaxing and cleansing!
- window air conditioning unit
- Covered back porch with charcoal grill
- Great, fenced-in backyard
- Fully equipped kitchen including coffeemaker, blender, and juicer
- Center room has cozy, gas-burning fireplace
- All new appliances: washer & dryer, dishwasher, and gas range
- Towels and bedding
- FREE WiFi, but no TV
- Ceiling fans and great cross breeze
- Dogs allowed (as long as they aren't furniture chewers or heavy shedders)
- Bottled drinking water from local spring
Interaction with Guests
This is a private, self-serve cottage. Before arrival, guests are given the key box code for entering the cottage. We're happy to assist and answer questions - just give a call or text. :-)
- Quiet neighborhood
- Backyard is a peaceful little natural habitat, containing wild, native species
- Short, level 3-block walk on Court Street to center of town
- One block to The Bakery and Lewis Theatre
- Ten minute walk to Osteopathic School
- Off-street parking for 1 or 2 vehicles (depending on size of vehicles)
- Additional street parking available
- Three minute drive from I-64
- Ten minute drive to Greenbrier River Trail for hiking, biking, and kayaking. (Talk to us about our shuttle service)
- Twenty minute drive to The Greenbrier Resort
Mary Hurst and Russell Fallstad
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 25, 2018
About Mary Hurst and Russell Fallstad
My partner and I are both artists (violinist and oil painter) in Lewisburg, WV. We have a charmingly unusual house in a great location. We rent it out to travelers as a private cottage. We live just up the street from the cottage, and are available to the guests if needed. We bought an infrared sauna for the health benefits, so our guests get full access to that during their stay.
Mary Hurst and Russell Fallstad purchased this House in 2014
Why Mary Hurst and Russell Fallstad chose Lewisburg
This property immediately won us over with its unique combination of a downtown location, a naturally serene backyard, and beautifully expressive mosaic art built in by the previous owners, who are also artists.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Wow. The pictures are fantastic but the real thing is better than the photos represent. Upon arrival, you are greeted with a collection of professional art and a whimsical use of building materials. The owners really put a personal touch into the cottage decor. While a bit smaller, it was perfectly suited for the two of us and our 2 small dogs. The cottage was well furnished, well stocked and one of the cleanest properties we have ever visited. Our host, Mary, communicated with us timely and thoroughly before and during our stay. The note she left welcoming our crew to her rental unit was a great touch. I do not say this often but our expectations were exceeded with this visit. Kudos.
Quaint environment. Neat, clean and much more than expected.
Well maintained older property with an artistic vibe. The perfect place for a few people to get together in this unique small town.
Cute artist cottage.
Overall, we had a great stay. The house was cute, had a large backyard, the linens smelled clean and is within walking distance to restaurants and bars.
Perfect whimsical cottage
The cottage had everything we needed and then some - washer & dryer, dry sauna, & outside porch to name a few. The bed was comfy and the a/c & ceiling fans kept it a good temperature. There was lots of natural light and live plants. It was in a great location and we wish we had longer to explore the area. Mary was responsive and friendly.
Unique but homey
Great location near farmers market and restaurants. Kitchen is stocked. Nice porch to sit out on and drink a glass of wine. Bed is comfy. Would stay at again.
This is a very comfortable, relaxing place to stay. The owners provide a neat, clean cottage. Excellent location for visiting Lewisburg, WV.