Maximum number of persons allowed: 4.
This privately-owned, single-level, 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom condominium apartment is located in picturesque Ocho Rios (“Ochee” for short) on Jamaica's famous north coast. It is situated in the prestigious, 14-acre Columbus Heights condominium complex, a gated and secure community nestled among lush green foliage on a hill high above Ochee's main harbor.
If you're looking for affordable, first-class accommodations, this is it!!
This apartment has:
* spacious living and dining areas equipped with ceiling fans
* fully equipped kitchen (electric range/oven, microwave oven, and refrigerator)
* full complement of dishes, glasses, and cutlery, as well as cooking utensils
* each bedroom equipped with an air-conditioning unit
* two (2) en suite bathrooms
* private balcony spanning the full width of the apartment
* panoramic views of the city and harbor, with a bird's eye views of the cruise ships coming and going
* flat-screen cable-TV
* wireless internet access
* board games (scrabble included)
* a simplex (on one level)
* located on the second level accessible only by four flights of stairs (unfortunately, no wheelchair access)
Housekeeping & other amenities
* daily housekeeping service
* upon request, our dedicated housekeeper will also grocery shop, prepare meals, and provide laundry service for you (additional charges apply and must be negotiated directly with her)
* all service personnel at the Columbus heights complex are trained in hospitality, trustworthy, and committed to doing everything necessary to make your stay a pleasant one
* five (5) in-complex, oversize swimming pools
* private gym facilities (extra charges apply)
* free, dedicated parking area
* 24-hour, 7 days per week security staff (including security booth attendant) responsible for screening all inbound and outbound vehicular traffic and patrolling the grounds
Ocho Rios Bay (fee-based public) beach, complete with watersport activities. The beach is open daily from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm. Watersport activities include:
We also recommend Bamboo Beach Club (a 15-minute drive along the road from Columbus Heights toward Oracabessa).
Our housekeeper's name is Barbara Hinds. Mrs. Hinds is a pleasant woman who has been working for our family for many years, and she is an excellent cook. A gratuity payment to her is always optional, but we encourage it if she provides you a more than satisfactory level of service. A suggested minimum gratuity for her is 10% of the total rental charges.
All bookings are based on double-occupancy. You will have access to the entire apartment (living room/dining room, kitchen and terrace) and will not share the apartment with anyone who is not in your booking party. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the rental agreement, in the event our apartment is not available for use during the period of your booking due to reasons, events, or circumstances beyond our control, we will apply due diligence and good faith efforts to locate a replacement property that equals or exceeds our apartment solely with respect to occupancy capacity (i.e., one bedroom for every two adult persons detailed in your booking), location and value. If such replacement property cannot be found and made available to you, we will immediately return (on a pro rata basis) all payments made by you, whereupon any agreement we have with you will be terminated and you and we will have no further obligations or liabilities in any manner pertaining such agreement.
As you know, during your vacation you will be staying in a private home, not a hotel. The cost of electricity is Jamaica is very high. Consequently, in addition to any energy surcharge that we might have asked you to pay, Ms. Hinds, our housekeeper, has been instructed to turn off lights and air conditioners in the apartment whenever it is vacant. That means if you leave the apartment for the day and leave a light or air conditioning split running, she will turn it off. If you have any question or problem with this instruction, please bring it to our attention immediately. Our aim is to balance your desire to have a comfortable and enjoyable vacation with our need to control overhead costs.