The Garden Street Studio combines a Pacific Northwest aesthetic with modern accents. Every piece in the Studio – from kitchen utensils to furniture and accent rugs – has been chosen carefully. We are seasoned vacation rental hosts, and endeavor to create spaces that feel modern, warm and unique, evoking a distinct sense of place rooted in the Pacific Northwest.
The Studio is 739 square feet. The main room has ample space for entertaining, with plenty of seating, a gas fireplace, flat-screen television with Netflix viewing, gorgeous handmade live edge coffee table, and a sofa that becomes a bed for two. The custom, well-stocked kitchen has granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, and all the dish and cookware one could need (as well as olive oil, balsamic, spices, sugar, flour, coffee + french press, and more...). Peter's handmade live-edge maple table seats four (five, if you'd like). The living and dining areas are full of natural light from the south and west facing windows. The tiled walk-in shower can be used as a regular shower and also converts into a steam room. The queen-sized bed is in a separate room (there is no door on the bedroom, but a sliding screen separates it from the main living area). The bedroom includes ample closet space fronted by mirrored sliding doors, and a waterfall feature just outside the window. The Studio has radiant heat under bamboo floors, with slate tiled entryways. Since it is adjacent to a wooded path and screened in by a stone wall and hedges, one guest commented: "The setting gives a sense of privacy and seclusion despite being in the middle of town." Covered parking is just behind the Studio.
We care about beauty, connection, real things, and the Studio reflects that; much of its features were made by us or locally sourced. You'll eat at Peter's table, hang your coat on an alder tree we found in our woods, use Aimee's homemade soap in the kitchen, see our friends' art on the walls, and experience the best of the Northwest within and without. Guests have access to all the Studio amenities, covered outdoor parking in the alleyway behind the Studio, and access to the best of Bellingham just a short walk, bike ride, or drive away.
LOCATION: The Garden Street Studio is in the heart of Bellingham, 3 blocks from downtown, two miles from historic Fairhaven, and 4 blocks from Western Washington University's campus (a 1 minute drive, 2 minute bike ride, 8 minute walk from the Studio). Beyond the urban attractions, outdoor activities are also right outside the door or a short drive away. Some of Bellingham's best restaurants, grocery stores, farmer's market, and night life are within a 5-10 minute walk (guests can walk to all five local breweries)! Bellingham is known for integrating nature with urban living; the Studio is located adjacent to a nature trail that leads to Laurel Park, and a short walk from Sehome Hill Arboretum, the beautiful park-like campus of Western Washington University, and the South Bay trail that follows the waterfront. In the other direction, just blocks away is downtown Bellingham, with its restaurants, nightlife, museums, and shopping. The wonderful Bellingham Farmer's Market is just 4 blocks from the Studio. The historic Fairhaven district is a five minute drive, a 15 minute bike ride, or a 30-40 minute walk along the water. Fairhaven has its own weekly farmer's market, shops, terrific bookstore, kayak rental, and some great restaurants. Further afield – but not far – are the majestic mountains of the Cascade Range. The Studio is equidistant between Seattle and Vancouver BC (1.5 hour from each)
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
• The Studio is in a 5-unit condominium. We endeavor to be excellent neighbors. Thanks for being respectful of those around you.
• The Studio is close to downtown and the university; thus, there is a mix of housing nearby, including college students. Weekend nights can bring some noise from students walking to and from downtown. Garden Street, which fronts the unit, is becoming increasingly busy, as expected in a growing city near downtown. Fortunately, the condominium is set back and up from the street and bordered by a verdant greenway, so feels removed from the busyness of Garden Street.
• Though we offer a flatscreen TV, there is no cable. We do offer Netflix, with many viewing options.
• Upon booking, we provide a Guest Guide with lots of details about things to do in Bellingham and beyond.
• VRBO reviews of others' Studio stay are found in the review section: however, the Studio receives a lot more reviews and comments via other sites + our guest book. You may read these comments from the Studio guest book and reviews from other vacation rental sites in the Owner Info section.
• We endeavor to maintain vacation rentals of the highest quality, with a high level of integrity in our management. We value guests who also bring respect and integrity to their rental experience. Thank you!