My houseboat is located in the city center in one of the most beautiful and tranquil canals. From the large windows, you have stunning views across the canal Amsterdam is so famous. You can feed the swans and ducks from the windows. On top of that, you have a beautiful sight on one of the oldest botanical gardens in the world. And if you walk just around the corner you'll find the top attractions in Amsterdam! A perfect combination, and a truly unique houseboat experience!
Our houseboat is very spacious and bright. It has two private terraces, one on the water side and one on the street. Living on this houseboat gives us the feeling of freedom. Enjoying the sights on the water while having the comforts of a warm and comfortable home. We are sure you will feel the same! :)
Description of the houseboat
Our houseboat has a spacious and bright living room. It has large windows on both sides, which provide stunning views across the water and on the world famous canal houses! You can feed the swans and ducks right from the windows. Furthermore, it has a very nice Dutch bow window on the far end of the room. When sitting there, you are overlooking the water and the beautiful botanical gardens!
Attached to the living room is the fully equipped kitchen (including dish washer). You can cook your meal and enjoy the same time!
The master bedroom has direct access to the private waterside terrace! You can enjoy your breakfast or drinks at the waterside! The room itself has very large windows, making it a bright and really enjoyable. You have an excellent and unique view over the water Amsterdam canal houses and an excellent (and unique!) view over the canal. There is a large comfortable double bed.
The second double bed is a comfortable sleeping couch located in the living room. You will be sleeping under the water level, which is a special experience. You will be waking up with the sight of swans and ducks at your windows and beautiful morning views across the water!
There is a recently renovated bathroom with a bath and shower.
There is a washing machine and drying machine available for your use.
The houseboat has central heating in every room.
There is a large TV and free WIFI available.
The houseboat is an excellent start to explore the city! If you are going to the corner, you are right in the middle of some of the top attractions in Amsterdam! A small listing here:
Within 4 minutes you'll find:
* The start of the world heritage "Canal Belt" with all the beautiful canal houses,
* The famous Skinny bridge and the World heritage site of Amsterdam
* Many nice typically Amsterdam cafes (brown cafes), restaurants and terraces. "Aguada", a typical Amsterdam restaurant with great food, "De Pizzabakkers" for excellent pizzas, cozy brown cafe "Koosje"
* The Hermitage museum. This historic building currently hosts beautiful expositions on the Golden Age in the Netherlands.
* The Court Garden: one of the most beautiful places to have lunch in Amsterdam! (and our favorite!)
Within 6 minutes you'll find:
* The daily flee market at Waterlooplein square
* The historic zoo "Artis" and the great childrens museum Micropia (highly recommended!)
* The botanical gardens on which you have beautiful views from the houseboat.
* Nieuwmarkt square (with the metro, many bars and terraces, Red light district)
* Central station (using the metro).
Within 10 minutes you'll find:
* Rembrandtplein square (many nice bars and restaurants)
* One of the most famous parts of the canals, the 7 bridges
* "Rembrandt House" museum, where Rembrandt lived (the painter of "The Night Watch" now at Rijksmuseum)
* Van Gogh museum and Rijksmuseum (by bike)
* NEMO science center for kids (highly recommended!)
* The terraces at Kadijksplein, one of the hidden gems, next to the beautiful water lock
There is so much to see and do in Amsterdam, and we'll be happy to show you our favorite places!
Waterlooplein square is one of the main metro stations, and it is only 3 minutes walking from the houseboat. The metro takes you to Nieuwmarkt square in 2 minutes (many bars and terraces, Red light district) and Central station in 4 minutes.
At Waterlooplein square, you can rent a bike at MacBike. Cycling is our favorite way to get around, and it's highly recommended!
From Schiphol Airport you will arrive in 31 minutes at the houseboat using public transport.
The train station at the Zaanse Schans (beautiful area with the world's famous wind mills) is only 40 minutes by metro and train.
House rules and interaction with guests
We truly believe staying at our houseboat will be a unique experience! We are very happy to explain the best places to go and help you on your way. We want to make your stay a lovely experience. We are sure to feel at home, and if there are any requests, feel free to ask!
For us it is important that you can enjoy your stay!
When you book this accommodation, you agree to the following (common sense) house rules.
* No smoking in the houseboat,
* Pets are not allowed,
* You will not cause damage to our or other people's property (and you will compensate for it),
* You will not cause nuisance in any way and you will respect our neighbors,
* You will act responsible (no parties, no drugs and no excessive drinking),
* You will not invite or provide access to other people (including people who want to check the houseboat),
* You will obey (local) laws and regulations.