|Minimum Stay||3 - 6 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Large home is on the South end of Torch Lake, near the famous sandbar. It has lake access across the street, the driveway easement is part of the Township beach. It has 3 bedroom’s 2 1/2 baths with the potential to sleep 8. The home is also on a 1.5 acre parcel that is wooded and backs up to the State forest. Lots of hardwood and great trails. An awesome place for a family(s) vacation. The charming town of Alden is right down the road, with fun shopping and the famous “Spice Mill” and just 5 miles from Shanty Creek and the famous Shorts Brewery. Just minutes from downhill ski resorts, Schuss and Boyne Mountain, and many golf courses. The home also offers a dining area that seats 8 +, very large living room, spacious kitchen, sun room and laundry area. It has a large brick back patio, and a front deck. It has approximately 2,100 sq. ft. with a two car garage. Addition: One mile from Sandbar, 3 miles from Alden, 6 miles from Shanty Creek (golfing & skiing) and 8 miles from Turtle Creek casino.
Thank you !
Loved the amount of room this provided for my large extended family. Only downside was the walk across a busy street to reach the lake. There were a few hiccups on the rental however they were resolved easily.
The internet password/connection was never resolved. Also, they neglect to tell you the back room is the only part of the property that is air conditioned. Not recommended for larger families. Towels and sheets not included. The cottage was only surface cleaned before arrival; cob webs in showers, drawers, ceiling.
The location is prime, and the cooking units are nice (stove, grill, dishwasher, etc). Amazingly close to Alden and sandbar. We will not be renting here again.
Had an awesome time with my family. The beach across the street was beautiful. Would definitely recommend!!
This place was great! Very tidy and had all the amenities that were needed for a getaway up North. There were 12 of us who stayed here for 3 days. There was plenty of room for all. We enjoyed the outdoor seating areas, including a fire pit in a secluded forest area behind the house and the grilling area on the back porch. The public beach directly across the street provides easy access to Torch Lake. There is a nice grocery store about a mile away that has everything we needed in terms of food and supplies. We rented some pontoon boats from a marina down the street, so we spent most of our time out on the Torch Lake sand bar. I would definitely come back
The last thing you want to do on a vacation is to interact with property owners like this. Many of the listed facilities were not available, and when this was brought to owners' attention, we faced retaliation and abuse instead of hospitality.
We had rather unpleasant experience at a vacation home we rented for May 27th through May 30th. Not only were the owners uncivil and poorly communicative, and the property in poor state of maintenance, but we were charged for services that were not provided.
I am listing my complaints as follows
1. There was no wi-fi available which the owner had assured me in writing. This was one of my criteria for selecting a holiday rental, and I had to incur additional expenses for cellular data use for the needs of several children in our group.
2. The grill was a health hazard. It had not been cleaned for a long time, and the bars of the grill were coated with layers of burned food residues and rust.
3. The picture provided in the profile of the property was misleading as there is absolutely no view of the lake from the property.
4. Of the two TVS, one was totally nonfunctional and the other could not be made to access cable as the remote was not working.
Poor communication and uncivil behavior by owners
1. After booking the property, one of the owners sent me a message giving me a phone number to call. I received no answer for about 4 weeks.
2. I emailed the owner requesting a discount for services we did not. One of the owners falsely accused us of not doing laundry for used linen. I pointed out that that is not mentioned as a requirement in her own instructional booklet in the house, and is generally not a usual expectation from renters, although we had gone out of our way to launder towels we used. She responded with insults.
During are stay early june it was everything we wanted we were there for are wedding and the bridal party of 10 stayed with no problems at all with the beach access right across the road for the nice sunsets to go watch over torch lake. Lori who we talked with while we were there was very helpful and gave us space for the 3 days would recommend this house for family get aways.
All activities included in survey are within 20 minutes of cottage, convenient local grocery store in 1 mile from property. Any additional question or concerns please inquire. Thank you
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
2016 & 2017 Fall Winter Spring
Oct 1 2016 - May 21 2017
3 night minimum stay
May 22 2017 - Sep 30 2017
6 night minimum stay
|Occupants >8, $50/person||$75|
|Refundable damage deposit||$750|
The listings must be made Sunday 3pm to Sunday 11am for inspection & cleaning purposes. The cottage does sleep 12 however with parties over 8 we require an additional $50 per person because of the additional cleaning, utilities, wear & tear, etc. Thank you !